Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vitesse Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2010, 09:00 PM   #732
mikepage0007


 
mikepage0007's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: port st lucie ,florida
Posts: 4,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Nice car Mike. I thought you sold that one already...

What a lineup though - The Camaro, The Chevelle and THAT

I wonder what PSI those Air Shocks are set at.
but , really, could you imagine pulling up to this car at a traffic stop and getting your doors blown off...lol.. i would slump down in my seat and ..just think, he has out built you and has camo,d his car as a piece of crap...but really the wing is functional, which helps push the ass down during high speed..also has the nelson engine that dyno at 2200 hp...a guy who has $$$$$ and just wants to embarrass you in front of your woman and friends...not embarassing to get beat by something we consider worthy , but to get beat by this.... just something to say hmmmm
__________________
mikepage0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:30 PM   #733
speedster
SST...
 
speedster's Avatar
 
Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Coast of Florida
Posts: 5,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
but , really, could you imagine pulling up to this car at a traffic stop and getting your doors blown off...lol.. i would slump down in my seat and ..just think, he has out built you and has camo,d his car as a piece of crap...but really the wing is functional, which helps push the ass down during high speed..also has the nelson engine that dyno at 2200 hp...a guy who has $$$$$ and just wants to embarrass you in front of your woman and friends...not embarassing to get beat by something we consider worthy , but to get beat by this.... just something to say hmmmm
Yeah, that would be disheartening to get beat by that. we would have to assume if that occurred, it has the Flux Capacitor option...
__________________
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:11 AM   #734
mikepage0007


 
mikepage0007's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: port st lucie ,florida
Posts: 4,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Yeah, that would be disheartening to get beat by that. we would have to assume if that occurred, it has the Flux Capacitor option...
lol
__________________
mikepage0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 04:36 PM   #735
camaro guy
 
camaro guy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro LS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: missouri
Posts: 540
still finished by 10/10?
camaro guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:48 PM   #736
speedster
SST...
 
speedster's Avatar
 
Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Coast of Florida
Posts: 5,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro guy View Post
still finished by 10/10?
When I wake up from the dream it is, but in reality it still needs dyno time and the differential... :(

But it really should be soon.
__________________
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:25 AM   #737
4thGen427CI
5th Gen
 
4thGen427CI's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 SS
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Denver,Colorado
Posts: 426
:So how much boost so you think your gonna run when you hit the track?

P.S. I used to go by Corvette_LS2_or_Camaro_LS3, I changed name to 4thGen427 due too long of a name. An was wondering why you didn't respond to my comments. Then I thought I changed my name!

Last edited by 4thGen427CI; 10-10-2010 at 07:42 PM.
4thGen427CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:59 PM   #738
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,052
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:59 PM   #739
speedster
SST...
 
speedster's Avatar
 
Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Coast of Florida
Posts: 5,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGen427CI View Post
:So how much boost so you think your gonna run when you hit the track?

P.S. I used to go by Corvette_LS2_or_Camaro_LS3, I changed name to 4thGen427 due too long of a name. An was wondering why you didn't respond to my comments. Then I thought I changed my name!
Hey sorry 'bout that. Yeah that was a pretty long name you had there...

So about the boost - I think we are going to limit it to around 2-1/2 atmospheres or so which is around 36 - 38 psi. That should give it some decent power at the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Thanks for the Bump rad...

There is a little delay in getting the SST engine on the dyno :( but for a much better reason.

Tom Nelson was at the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah when his wife called him at 5:00 in the morning to tell him that her water broke. (Their baby was not due for another 6 weeks...) So being the first birth Tom flat hauled back home and made it to the hospital about 35 minutes after his son was born. Mommy and child are doing fine, but I can think of no better reason to have the guys at the NRE Supercar shop slow down on the SST stuff.

Having your first child is a very nervous time for most parents and to have it come early just multiplies it. Anyway, that's the story. ...And how many engine builders would call from the pre-natal ICU of the hospital to make sure the customer is happy.
__________________
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:17 PM   #740
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,499
Well I'm here to tell everyone that Bruce has gone pretty quiet about his build...

Had lunch with him last week and he gave me NOTHIN!!!!!!

Just kept shrugin' his shoulders and saying stuff like, oh yeah we'll see. should be pretty good. yeah I'm looking forward.
once we get this and that figured out...

He was like a politician...

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:53 PM   #741
speedster
SST...
 
speedster's Avatar
 
Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Coast of Florida
Posts: 5,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Well I'm here to tell everyone that Bruce has gone pretty quiet about his build...

Had lunch with him last week and he gave me NOTHIN!!!!!!

Just kept shrugin' his shoulders and saying stuff like, oh yeah we'll see. should be pretty good. yeah I'm looking forward.
once we get this and that figured out...

He was like a politician...

Ha, you're funny Chris. Three times up at your place with the C5 poster car parked out front and still no ride in your Bad Blue Beast. :(

Sounds awesome though. Tom and Mark couldn't believe how quiet it was...UNTIL you stomped on the gas, then everyone in the complex knew it was THAT CAR... They brought that up multiple times on the ride home while riding in the Magnum.
__________________
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:48 AM   #742
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,149
That's it. I'm coming down there to see just what is going on! I'm hoping the Camaro is there. I was promised a ride...
__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:13 PM   #743
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 13,860
I'm thinking you should put a 1/4 inch npt fitting and quick connect on the intake so you can use the motor to air up tires n stuff

I have some FATHERLY WORDS OF WISDOM for you to send to Nelson since he's a pop now... The other dads on here could learn from it as well

here's a snippet: "You came out of your mom looking like sh*t. She thought you were beautiful. Don't know what scared me most, your looks or her judgment."

"A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

"It's never the right time to have kids, but it's always the right time for screwing. God's not a dumbshit. He knows how it works."
http://twitter.com/shitmydadsays
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by Mr Twisty; 10-13-2010 at 09:23 PM.
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:15 PM   #744
speedster
SST...
 
speedster's Avatar
 
Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Coast of Florida
Posts: 5,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
I'm thinking you should put a 1/4 inch npt fitting and quick connect on the intake so you can use the motor to air up tires n stuff

I have some FATHERLY WORDS OF WISDOM for you to send to Nelson since he's a pop now... The other dads on here could learn from it as well

here's a snippet: "You came out of your mom looking like sh*t. She thought you were beautiful. Don't know what scared me most, your looks or her judgment."

"A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

"It's never the right time to have kids, but it's always the right time for screwing. God's not a dumbshit. He knows how it works."
http://twitter.com/shitmydadsays



I just forwarded those to Tom. They are excellent...we expect no less coming from you.
__________________
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:22 PM   #745
Rickerbucks
HP addict
 
Drives: 2 SS RS,
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Surrey BC Canada
Posts: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
I'm thinking you should put a 1/4 inch npt fitting and quick connect on the intake so you can use the motor to air up tires n stuff

I have some FATHERLY WORDS OF WISDOM for you to send to Nelson since he's a pop now... The other dads on here could learn from it as well

here's a snippet: "You came out of your mom looking like sh*t. She thought you were beautiful. Don't know what scared me most, your looks or her judgment."

"A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

"It's never the right time to have kids, but it's always the right time for screwing. God's not a dumbshit. He knows how it works."
http://twitter.com/shitmydadsays

too funny....I'm going to have to check that out.
__________________
Yellow, Davenport 700, Pfadt coilovers and sway bar, Seibon CF hood, CF roof, custom CF trunk, Savini CF wheels, custom interior....you know what?....too much to list.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74691

Follow my 2013 One Lap Of America Blog here: https://www.facebook.com/#!/ShaunAnd...page_new_likes

2014 Jeep SRT 8 - stock
2010 Challenger SRT 8 - stock
2007 Charger SRT8 Super Bee - not stock at all.
Rickerbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:38 PM   #746
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator
 
Milk 1027's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 13,515
So......
Do you think we will get to see some street tuning around...... oh..... say..... October 23rd...?

Just saying. It'll be the last time I'm in LA before SEMA.
Milk 1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:46 PM   #747
speedster
SST...
 
speedster's Avatar
 
Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Coast of Florida
Posts: 5,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
So......
Do you think we will get to see some street tuning around...... oh..... say..... October 23rd...?

Just saying. It'll be the last time I'm in LA before SEMA.
As much as I really hate to say it, I would say November is it.
Hey, but you are going to have a BLAST at SEMA. There will probably so many Camaros there you'll be mesmerized...
__________________
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:03 PM   #748
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator
 
Milk 1027's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 13,515
Not going to SEMA. But I'll be puking my brains out in Vegas the weekend before
Milk 1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
engine psi > tire psi, f5....., holy crap!, horsepower, omgwtfbbqsaucepowa!!!, speedster, sst, turbo

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PEDDERS SUCCESSFULLY FITS 305s ON ALL 4 CORNERS! Info@PeddersUSA.com Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 467 06-11-2013 10:45 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 08:33 PM
Official Camaro Convertible CONCEPT Press Release Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 12 11-18-2009 08:05 PM
Detroit News panel wants GM to build Camaro concept Tran 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 12 03-15-2009 05:38 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.