Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Dyno Max
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 06-15-2010, 06:35 PM   #1
fisherssmoke

Drives: Black SS
New Black Billet Bowtie

Got this new black bowtie kit from cruiser motorsports. Call me stupid but I dont see how the new badge goes in the place of the gold piece. The gold piece seems to be molded into the chrome. The new black badge is a GM product. Maybe I was supposed to buy a new chrome piece also. I hope not...the black badges were $152 with shipping. I have seen alot of diy threads on vinyl or painting badges but none on this one. Really shouldnt be this hard. Please help...
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2010, 06:39 PM   #2
InvaderMoose

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM
Took me a bit to figure that out to..
The gold piece is actually seperate from the chrome rim, but its held in tight with 3M tape.

What I did, was I drilled 4 holes through the golden emblem (BUT NOT THE CHROME, STOP AT THE GOLD) and the golden emblem cracked a bit, and I just peeled it on out, and put my black emblem in with 3M tape.

I did it on the front and back emblem, and mine look just right, so it works, just be careful not to go through the chrome.

Another thing that might work is soaking it in goo-gone and it could loosen it up and you could get it out with a screwdriver? I havent tried that, but it sounds right.

Engine/Appearance: 530 RWHP
Whipple supercharger, Full JBA Exhaust, Ported TB, Cold Air Inductions & ADM Scoop /Complete new paint, 20" Forgestar F14s, Sinister hood, SLP Spoiler, AAC Halos, P13W Fogs
InvaderMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:42 PM   #3
Burnt_RS

Drives: '10 1LT/RS
If it's the front, then it should pop out from the back of the chrome piece. If it is off of the trunk (as it looks) then the instructions are as follows from Defender Worx (GM registered product) http://www.defenderworx.com/images//bowtie%20int.pdf
basically you have to drill through the rear gold bowtie with the largest bit you can, and when you see part of the chrome coming through then stop and pry the gold part out.

the website for defender worx is
http://defenderworx.com/installation...-instructions/
Burnt_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 07:09 PM   #4
G10
GForce

Drives: 2010 Honolulu Blue 2LT M6
Was it raining?
G10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:05 PM   #5
fisherssmoke

I got the rear done, very nice, love the finish of the black, somewhere between matt and eggshell. Thanks for the info. Ya it was beginning to rain, its been 95% humidity here lately
Old 06-16-2010, 09:50 PM   #6
Gangster
Camaro Crazy

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS IBM/Grey M6
got any pics of the car with the new emblems???
Gangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:12 PM   #7
fisherssmoke

I like how these look but the rear one does'nt fit very well. The inside angle is off a touch making it rock up and down.
Attached Images