Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Classic Industries
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery All Camaro related pictures, videos and other assorted media.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2010, 10:49 AM   #226
JusticePete
CamaroCross Founder
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,708
Becky is spot on.
__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:54 PM   #227
Pappy
 
Drives: 68 & 2010 Pace Car
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 34
I did not get a chance to look inside the glove box or trunk yet to see if in fact that a Reg is present,I did not see the center sticker on the windshield or the tag by the number on the windshield may have been removed from the dealer but for some reason the number was left by the A post. I think it might be a "festival" car as you folks say but can not be 100% certain with out checking inside the car for more proof, Is their a way to find out for sure with out the papers you stated? was their any other record of origin? Still working on the car, I just have not had time to get back up to the dealer with work and the holidays.

Found this video don't know if you folks seen this yet?

Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:06 PM   #228
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet




 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet's Avatar
 
Drives: SS/RS 6spd,Pace Car,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Woodhaven, Mich
Posts: 29,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
I did not get a chance to look inside the glove box or trunk yet to see if in fact that a Reg is present,I did not see the center sticker on the windshield or the tag by the number on the windshield may have been removed from the dealer but for some reason the number was left by the A post. I think it might be a "festival" car as you folks say but can not be 100% certain with out checking inside the car for more proof, Is their a way to find out for sure with out the papers you stated? was their any other record of origin? Still working on the car, I just have not had time to get back up to the dealer with work and the holidays.

Found this video don't know if you folks seen this yet?


I don't believe there was any indication other than what's
found with the car to show that is was a festival car. If
Autoguy is around, he maybe able to clarify that. You could
ask the dealer how many miles were on it when he got it.
If they say "none", then they may have been using it as a demo.
__________________
Don't forget, I honor ALL DISCOUNTS THAT APPLY!
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Woodhaven, Mi ..only 20 min from Detroit Metro Airport!
734-479-7117 ...
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet.com
Available Camaro Inventory///Body Color XM Antenna
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:21 PM   #229
autoguy

 
autoguy's Avatar
 
Drives: 80Z, 94Z, 99 SS,09,10,11 SS Pace Ca
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,495
Here is the video that my salesman made for me at the Speedway before I picked up my car......


As far as I know, the only way to prove it is a Festival car is by the registration, plate and parking sticker. If none of these are present, it will be hard to prove it truly is a Festival Car down the road. To me, this is a detriment to the future value of the car.

Most of these Festival cars had in the neighborhood of 2,000 miles when they were distributed to the dealers after the race. I have seen some with as much as high 3k miles, and the dealer where I bought mine had one with only 329 miles in their shop when I picked mine up.
autoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:23 PM   #230
autoguy

 
autoguy's Avatar
 
Drives: 80Z, 94Z, 99 SS,09,10,11 SS Pace Ca
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,495
Pappy, did you get chance to see the number on the windshield?
autoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 05:34 AM   #231
Pappy
 
Drives: 68 & 2010 Pace Car
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoguy View Post
Here is the video that my salesman made for me at the Speedway before I picked up my car......


As far as I know, the only way to prove it is a Festival car is by the registration, plate and parking sticker. If none of these are present, it will be hard to prove it truly is a Festival Car down the road. To me, this is a detriment to the future value of the car.

Most of these Festival cars had in the neighborhood of 2,000 miles when they were distributed to the dealers after the race. I have seen some with as much as high 3k miles, and the dealer where I bought mine had one with only 329 miles in their shop when I picked mine up.
The car had 3,000 miles on it when it went to the dealer, I saw that on the car fax report, Also I do have the number off the windshield, PM me for it if you want. I have seen the video,very nice! if you looked at the parade video I posted I did not see a sticker on some of the cars above the number, unless it was the angle the person was shooting from?
Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 06:47 AM   #232
autoguy

 
autoguy's Avatar
 
Drives: 80Z, 94Z, 99 SS,09,10,11 SS Pace Ca
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
The car had 3,000 miles on it when it went to the dealer, I saw that on the car fax report, Also I do have the number off the windshield, PM me for it if you want. I have seen the video,very nice! if you looked at the parade video I posted I did not see a sticker on some of the cars above the number, unless it was the angle the person was shooting from?
All of those cars should have had a number. Like you said , it was probably just the angle of the camera.

PM me the car number and the dealer name where it is at. i will see what I can do to help authenticate it.
autoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:34 PM   #233
JusticePete
CamaroCross Founder
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,708
Merry Christmas!



Pete, Anica, Deb, Ljubica and Danica
__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:49 PM   #234
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet




 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet's Avatar
 
Drives: SS/RS 6spd,Pace Car,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Woodhaven, Mich
Posts: 29,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Merry Christmas!



Pete, Anica, Deb, Ljubica and Danica
Merry Christmas!!

Beautiful picture!!
who wants ice cream
at the Dream Cruise?



Becky
__________________
Don't forget, I honor ALL DISCOUNTS THAT APPLY!
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Woodhaven, Mi ..only 20 min from Detroit Metro Airport!
734-479-7117 ...
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet.com
Available Camaro Inventory///Body Color XM Antenna
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:33 PM   #235
JusticePete
CamaroCross Founder
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
Merry Christmas!!

Beautiful picture!!
who wants ice cream
at the Dream Cruise?



Becky
All of us. This year I'll buy!
__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:05 PM   #236
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,922
2011 Pace Car

I think I need more room in my garage now...

...and we'll need some more room in this thread...

Attached Images
 
__________________
.

Last edited by mlee; 01-20-2011 at 09:20 PM.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:12 PM   #237
autoguy

 
autoguy's Avatar
 
Drives: 80Z, 94Z, 99 SS,09,10,11 SS Pace Ca
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,495
I sent a letter to my connection at GM who distributes the festival cars tonight!!

Last edited by autoguy; 01-20-2011 at 11:35 PM.
autoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:16 PM   #238
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoguy View Post
I am writing a letter to my connection at GM who distributes the festival cars tonight!!
Tell him you need 2... LOL
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:27 PM   #239
autoguy

 
autoguy's Avatar
 
Drives: 80Z, 94Z, 99 SS,09,10,11 SS Pace Ca
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,495
Actually three, because I have two friends that want one too.....
autoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:29 PM   #240
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoguy View Post
Actually three, because I have two friends that want one too.....
OK... 4 then...
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:32 PM   #241
autoguy

 
autoguy's Avatar
 
Drives: 80Z, 94Z, 99 SS,09,10,11 SS Pace Ca
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
OK... 4 then...
I will see what I can do.
autoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:36 PM   #242
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoguy View Post
I will see what I can do.
Will be interesting to see if they do a limited release to dealers again this year... Pros and Cons both ways... To get a festival car and then have no others built would be unbelieveable...
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:52 PM   #243
autoguy

 
autoguy's Avatar
 
Drives: 80Z, 94Z, 99 SS,09,10,11 SS Pace Ca
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Will be interesting to see if they do a limited release to dealers again this year... Pros and Cons both ways... To get a festival car and then have no others built would be unbelieveable...
Then I will be even luckier to get even one of them.
autoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:14 PM   #244
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,922
Here's the auction video...

$230k for #1. 499 left... minus the real deal...

__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:27 PM   #245
autoguy

 
autoguy's Avatar
 
Drives: 80Z, 94Z, 99 SS,09,10,11 SS Pace Ca
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,495
Jeff Chew from GM said they were building this one, three other Official Pace Cars, and another 50 for Festival Cars. Now, someone at Barrett Jackson says 500 total which would leave 450 dealer cars. I honestly don't think anyone knows at this point what the actual numbers are.
autoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:25 AM   #246
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoguy View Post
Jeff Chew from GM said they were building this one, three other Official Pace Cars, and another 50 for Festival Cars. Now, someone at Barrett Jackson says 500 total which would leave 450 dealer cars. I honestly don't think anyone knows at this point what the actual numbers are.
Atom from GM piped in on another thread and said 500 total...
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:12 PM   #247
5thGenIndy500
 
5thGenIndy500's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Indy 500 Pace Car
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bowley's Quarters, Md
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Tell him you need 2... LOL

Ask for five please...

I need a matching pair in the garage, besides I was going to buy a Vert this year anyway.

I sent the gents at GM a message the very day the 2011 Pace Car was announced making my case for two things; first give us an option for the manual trans... and second to release at least the same number of replicas as they did for the 2010’s

And I got a reply……they said the decision had not been made yet!
5thGenIndy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:28 PM   #248
JusticePete
CamaroCross Founder
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,708
If they do it like the last run, there will be three Indy and three NASCAR Camaros that are driven on track. Last year, they were all equipped with Pedders coilovers. This year an informed source tell me askjdh lkj asdhd jhouw likd lkljkdl qsdklj.

They also provide courtesy cars to Indy that are not on Pedders coilovers, but on production coils and dampers. The courtesy cars and production cars are what are sold in the showroom.
__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:21 PM   #249
2010 Indy Pace Car
NCCOA Ch 1
 
2010 Indy Pace Car's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS - Z4Z # 44
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Posts: 298
Michael here. Just picked up what is likely the last one sold. Purchased off of the showroom floor at Reed Lallier Chevrolet, Fayetteville, NC on January 27, 2011. Got video of them pulling it outside. Got a good deal on her also since I am the President of the North Carolina Camaro Owners Association, sponsored by Mr. Lallier!

Fellow Texan. Currently stuck in NC...

VIN: 9209502


__________________
. ADM CAI,-ARH, JARHEADBOB and MAX, LINGEFELTER TB,
SS CEK,
JANNETTY RACING, RPM Motorsports
2010 Indy Pace Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:00 PM   #250
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet




 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet's Avatar
 
Drives: SS/RS 6spd,Pace Car,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Woodhaven, Mich
Posts: 29,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 Indy Pace Car View Post
Michael here. Just picked up what is likely the last one sold. Purchased off of the showroom floor at Reed Lallier Chevrolet, Fayetteville, NC on January 27, 2011. Got video of them pulling it outside. Got a good deal on her also since I am the President of the North Carolina Camaro Owners Association, sponsored by Mr. Lallier!

Fellow Texan. Currently stuck in NC...

VIN: 9209502


Welcome Michael!!


You are added to the 1st page..
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89978

Congrats!!

Becky
__________________
Don't forget, I honor ALL DISCOUNTS THAT APPLY!
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Woodhaven, Mi ..only 20 min from Detroit Metro Airport!
734-479-7117 ...
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet.com
Available Camaro Inventory///Body Color XM Antenna
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
pace car, pacecar

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official SYNERGY GREEN Camaro Thread Tran Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 3193 12-23-2014 08:13 PM
CAMARO WIKI Tran Wiki 49 09-09-2014 06:46 AM
Chronicle of the Red Devil - a Lingenfeltered and Pedderized 2010 Camaro 600hp-lpe Member Car Journals 86 09-14-2011 07:17 AM
One year ago today....(long read) dtm4192 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 23 07-18-2010 10:34 AM
an awesome day on the pacific coast highway (aka my camaro review, long, pics) diddiyo Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 10 07-08-2010 08:54 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.