Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery All Camaro related pictures, videos and other assorted media.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:46 PM   #76
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2001 Maxima
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacecarguy View Post
Hello, I have #18. I also have 2007 Corvette Track car #18 ..... coincidence? Nope.... I will upload photos over the weekend after I take some with this great weather forecast coming up in Northern Ohio.

Welcome to the site!
Old 07-01-2010, 05:46 PM   #77
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Quote:
Hello, I have #18. I also have 2007 Corvette Track car #18 ..... coincidence? Nope.... I will upload photos over the weekend after I take some with this great weather forecast coming up in Northern Ohio.
Awsome... what are the last digits in your VIN so Becky can add it to the list. A92####

Can't wait for the pics... our weather is down the tubes here in TX too with Alex just passing by to mess things up...
Old 07-01-2010, 10:28 PM   #78
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet

Drives: SS/RS 6spd,Pace Car,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Awsome... what are the last digits in your VIN so Becky can add it to the list. A92####

Can't wait for the pics... our weather is down the tubes here in TX too with Alex just passing by to mess things up...
Love to post...let me know!
734-479-7117 ...
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet.com
Available Camaro Inventory///Body Color XM Antenna
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:02 PM   #79
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet

New member added! Welcome!
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89978
734-479-7117 ...
Old 07-02-2010, 09:40 AM   #80
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet

If interested in stripes for the dash....I can order and split it up.
A complete kit does 3 comfortably. The price could be divided and would be $44 each.
Attached Images

734-479-7117 ...
Old 07-02-2010, 11:18 AM   #81
talwell

Drives: 1969 LS1 Camaro
Quote:
Correct... not looking to track SIM cars w/ orange stripes... That would be the Official SIM Thread.... Thanks for checking tho...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44017

Now on to tracking RPO Z4Z cars...
My car is an actual Festival / Parade car used for Indy 500 and Event Car for the Brickyard 400 - not just a plain SIM w. orange stripes as you refer to it. The thread title is official camaro pace car thread - and if I am not mistaken that is what my car is. It is not a REPLICA - it is a real car used in official capacity with documentation to back it unlike most of the cars that are Z4Z cars. Apologize if I stepped into the wrong forum here but your references to my car have been and continue to be incorrect.
talwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:21 PM   #82
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
If interested in stripes for the dash....I can order and split it up.
A complete kit does 3 comfortably. The price could be divided and would be $44 each.
Now you tell me... AFTER I paint mine on LOL.

Anyway... the other option is to pop that piece off and take it to a paint shop like I did. Cost me 50 bucks. Results are the same either way... an awesome looking interior... that matches the actual Pace Car.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:32 PM   #83
lee93

Drives: 93 Z Festival 42 and Trucks 4 & 64
Nice topic! Lets find all of them.
lee93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:29 PM   #84
Indycamaro

Drives: 1967, 82, 02 (BY) & 2010 pace cars
be sure to link up with the Camaro pace car folks at www.CamaroPacecars.com, they have quite a few over there!
2002 Z7D Brickyard 400 Pace Car
2010 2009 Indy 500 Festival Car #18
Indycamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:48 PM   #85
talwell

Quote:
Dude... you haven't shown us ONE SINGLE PIC of YOUR 2009 Festival car... I'm calling (like it already hasn't been called before). It's very obvious you own a SIM car w/ orange stripes. I linked to the delivery thread and I've been through all your other threads and found nada of this car you are so proud of.... but I did find the thread you started to bash "Special or Limited Edition Cars".

Your gig is up... move on...

Becky has also made it very clear what this thread was meant for, so even if you did have a Festival Car it's NOT what we are tracking here.
MLEE - you have got to be kidding me, I have posted many pictures of my car. I have posted pictures of my car in the museum that it is at right now as well as pictures of the car in action at the Indy 500 & Brickyard 400.

Yes, I own several cars. I own a 700hp SIM w. IOM stripes that you see in my avatar, I own a REAL (as in not replica) Indy 500 Parade / Festival & Brickyard 400 Event car, I own a Hugger Orange 1969 COPO Camaro http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38327, I own a 1969 LS7 Powered ZL1 clone as well as a few other non-camaro cars.

I find it rather interesting how you make these claims despite my multiple posts of proof of ownership. Being that my word means nothing to you sideline experts possibly Camaro Scotty could chime in here about my cars specifically my REAL Indy 500 Camaro that was parked in his garage for 6 months.

I dont know why you have opted to attack my credibility but I assure you whatever car I do own is more of an official car than the replica you are driving.

Definition of replica: A copy or reproduction, especially one on a scale smaller than the original

When I speak of my car I dont need to use the word replica (A copy or reproduction, especially one on a scale smaller than the original) possibly this is why you are envious of my REAL car and decided to attack my claims.

Last edited by talwell; 07-02-2010 at 10:58 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:55 PM   #86
talwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee93 View Post
Nice topic! Lets find all of them.
Lee93 - I know you are a Indy Pace car expert and on Camaropacecars.com I know you are a huge wealth of information.

Possibly you could explain the car I own (Indy 500 #5 & Brickyard #25) as you commented on the Pace Care forums that my car had great history and that this was a car to own.

I would love to track these cars. I have spoken to a few owners over time but have not seen a list of owners anywhere. Both 2010 & 2009 event cars are special cars with great history but it appears as though Becky and others are not looking to track the cars we have but rather the replica cars. Possibly it would be best to start another thread based on 2009 & 2010 REAL event cars and not the replicas.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:02 PM   #87
autoguy

Drives: 80Z, 94Z, 99 SS,09,10,11 SS Pace Ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by talwell View Post
Lee93 - I know you are a Indy Pace car expert and on Camaropacecars.com I know you are a huge wealth of information.

Possibly you could explain the car I own (Indy 500 #5 & Brickyard #25) as you commented on the Pace Care forums that my car had great history and that this was a car to own.

I would love to track these cars. I have spoken to a few owners over time but have not seen a list of owners anywhere. Both 2010 & 2009 event cars are special cars with great history but it appears as though Becky and others are not looking to track the cars we have but rather the replica cars. Possibly it would be best to start another thread based on 2009 & 2010 REAL event cars and not the replicas.
talwell, Becky stated earlier that she wanted to track the cars that are either Replicas or Festival cars from the 2010 Indy 500 that look like her car. Orange with White Pearl Stripes. 200 US Replicas, 50 Festival Cars and 45 Canadian Replica Cars.

I understand what your car is, but apparently others might not. The fact is, that was never the original intent of this thread, and it seems like you want to force the issue to have your car included. If we go by the title, and not the true intent, we will be looking at 67, 69, 82, 93, 09 and '10 pace cars.

Maybe if you started your own thread like you suggested, you will get the owners of true 'Festival" cars.
autoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:20 PM   #88
talwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoguy View Post
talwell, Becky stated earlier that she wanted to track the cars that are either Replicas or Festival cars from the 2010 Indy 500 that look like her car. Orange with White Pearl Stripes. 200 US Replicas, 50 Festival Cars and 45 Canadian Replica Cars.

I understand what your car is, but apparently others might not. The fact is, that was never the original intent of this thread, and it seems like you want to force the issue to have your car included. If we go by the title, and not the true intent, we will be looking at 67, 69, 82, 93, 09 and '10 pace cars.

Maybe if you started your own thread like you suggested, you will get the owners of true 'Festival" cars.
I am not trying to push my point to get my car included - I just am not very fond of personal attacks on me. Obviously several people seem to think I am not being truthful about what I own and I just wanted to set the record straight with facts that back it.

As well, my introduction to this thread was was to ask if I should be included - that spiraled to doubts of what I own.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:50 PM   #89
talwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiLT View Post
You've only showed pictures of your car at a showroom and at Indy.. I can go to an Indy race and showroom and take the exact same pictures as you did. And that still won't make it mine. Sorry if you are getting frustrated that we are not counting your 2009 pace car in this 2010 pace car thread, but maybe you should start your own thread like autoguy said and spend your time in that thread.
Your insistance to discredit that I own this car is incredible.

Here are a few pics of my car in Camaro Scotty's driveway - if you cant believe these then PM him and I am sure he will prove you wrong.

I am not frustrated that I am not included - I am at a loss to understand why a few of you are pressing the issue in regards to photos of my cars.

guiLT - may I ask why you are so involved in this discussion and attempts to discredit what I own or my inclusion in this thread when it appears that you do not even own a replica, pace car, festival, parade or any other car associated with any official race duty.
Attached Images

Last edited by talwell; 07-03-2010 at 12:01 AM.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:45 PM   #90
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet

I went to CamaroSuperfest 2010 today... and these are ALL of the CAMARO PACE CARS ...from, GM....
Festival Camaro's are NOT considered to be be Pace Cars.....unless they are a REPLICA...
otherwise Festival cars are vehicles are....of ... possible interest.... .....
Can we move on?
Attached Images

734-479-7117 ...

Last edited by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet; 07-03-2010 at 09:36 PM.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:23 PM   #91
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club

Wow looks like a great Camaro day. That is one heck of a Pace Car Replica lineup...
Old 07-03-2010, 08:27 PM   #92
INDYSNAKEMAN

Drives: 2010 PACE CAR
PICS

Pics of car at the car show 7/3/2010
Attached Images

INDYSNAKEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:53 PM   #93
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet

I was at Michigan International Speedway ....Friday...what a blast!!!
I have lot's of pics.....
Attached Images

734-479-7117 ...
Old 07-03-2010, 10:15 PM   #94
talwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
I went to CamaroSuperfest 2010 today... and these are ALL of the CAMARO PACE CARS ...from, GM....
Festival Camaro's are NOT considered to be be Pace Cars.....unless they are a REPLICA...
otherwise Festival cars are vehicles are....of ... possible interest.... .....
Can we move on?
The Indy 500 only has (1) pace car which is obvious. This car is never sold to the public and is held by GM. As well, it is not legal for street use and usually wears an EX coded VIN.

Next in order of significance is the Festival / Parade cars which are official duty cars and are driven by VIPs, IMS employees and race drivers. These cars are legal for street use and some are sold to the public as well as one usually being awarded to the race winner. These cars are not considered replicas as they are not made to replicate the actual pace car but rather wear the trim design and modifications for thier official duty.

Finally there is the replicas - these cars are usually produced in numbers of 250-3000 cars and are made to look similar to the pace car but lack most of the pace car duty specific modifications.

Being that an actual pace car has never been sold to the public all we can collect is the Festival / Parade or replica cars. Everyone will have thier specific desires as to whether they prefer to have a car that carries the significance of duty or a replica that usually looks cometically identical to the actual pace car.

The replicas of the 2010 Indy 500 Pace Car is a great looking car and there is about 300 total available - unfortunately GM did not build replicas from the 2009 Indy 500 so the Festival / Parade cars are very limited. Of the 25 built one was awarded to Helio for winning the race, Roger Penske has 1 or 2 in his private collection and of the remaining cars one was destroyed, a few have had the badging removed and at least one converted to a cosmetic replica of the actual pace car.
Old 07-04-2010, 05:03 PM   #95
pacecarguy

Drives: 2010 Indy 500 Pace Car
Hi, for further clarification, in 2009, Corvettes were "festival" cars (34 of them) and were given to the Festival committee to use because they needed convertibles for the parade. A smaller amount of Camaros were brought in and used as "track cars", not sure who those were assigned to. The Corvettes provided the seats for the drivers in the parade. Also, to clarify, in recent years there are usually 3 "real pace cars" which are outfitted with additional safety equipment, light strobes, etc. and 2 are used for specific track duties, including being a spare. IMS retains one of every race for the museum (or most likely the basement), and GM recovers the other two. In you have been watching auctions on TV like Barrett Jackson, GM has been cleaning house at their Heritage museum in Detroit in the last 2 years, so it is very possible to purchase one of their "real" pace cars since they are selling off dupes, but they are sold on bill of sale and cannot be registered to be driven on the street.

Bob Kirsch
Chevrolet Corvette Pace Car Registry
2007 Director and Communications Director
Owner of 2007 Corvette #18 track car and 2010 Camaro Festival car #18

Here are my parade photos that I posted from this year's race up on Smugmug....

http://pacecarguy.smugmug.com/Indian...88098935_nHGxf

More info on 2009 from a Corvette viewpoint ! Hope this helps.

http://pacecarregistry.com/2009festival%20cars.htm

Last edited by pacecarguy; 07-05-2010 at 07:45 AM.
pacecarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:09 PM   #96
Irishtoolman

Drives: 1993 Indy Pace Car
Log on to www.camaropacecars.com and you will find all the information you need to know about the silver 2009 Festival cars.They are legitimate replicas and are in fact pre-production Camaro's which makes them even rarer than this years cars.I was at The GM Nationals in Carlisle a couple of weeks ago and there was one on display in the pace car tent and there was also one or two at the Fall Classic in Ohio last September.They definetly do exist and were sold to the public in limited numbers.
Irishtoolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:38 AM   #97
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:
Hi, for further clarification, in 2009, Corvettes were "festival" cars (34 of them) and were given to the Festival committee to use because they needed convertibles for the parade. A smaller amount of Camaros were brought in and used as "track cars", not sure who those were assigned to. The Corvettes provided the seats for the drivers in the parade. Also, to clarify, in recent years there are usually 3 "real pace cars" which are outfitted with additional safety equipment, light strobes, etc. and 2 are used for specific track duties, including being a spare. IMS retains one of every race for the museum (or most likely the basement), and GM recovers the other two. In you have been watching auctions on TV like Barrett Jackson, GM has been cleaning house at their Heritage museum in Detroit in the last 2 years, so it is very possible to purchase one of their "real" pace cars since they are selling off dupes, but they are sold on bill of sale and cannot be registered to be driven on the street.

Bob Kirsch
Chevrolet Corvette Pace Car Registry
2007 Director and Communications Director
Owner of 2007 Corvette #18 track car and 2010 Camaro Festival car #18

Here are my parade photos that I posted from this year's race up on Smugmug....

http://pacecarguy.smugmug.com/Indian...88098935_nHGxf

More info on 2009 from a Corvette viewpoint ! Hope this helps.

http://pacecarregistry.com/2009festival%20cars.htm
Great Pics... Now I really want one of these... or maybe a white one...
Attached Images

mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:47 AM   #98
talwell

Quote:
No need... we saw them the first time around... here's a couple more... The car was from a customer who bought a Red Camaro from him.

Oh and notice it's #20... what's up w/ that?...

....and if that wasn't enough there was a nice thread from Oct that got deleted. Your comments were WELL after these cars were sold and gone. Sure doesn't sound like someone who owned one.

No need to reply with more double talk, unless it's in your "other" thread.. I'm sure Scotty had 2 of them and one was yours...
MLEE - you are quite the detective but dont quit your day job. Scotty actually did have (2) of the 2009 Indy 500 Parade Cars - (1) belonged to me and the other belonged to a customer of his named Dan. Car #20 he had at Newmann Chevy and is the car that you have in the photographs - my car #5 & #25 he never had at the dealership but stored in his garage for 6 months. I was very impressed by the car that he had that was car #20 - this was before I purchased my car from Penske Chevrolet. That car was purchased immediately as soon as any of the cars were released - and even before my car was released as mine was held for Brickyard 400 duties.

Can you not see that the car in the photos is #20 and that my car is #5 & #25? In all my photos you can still see that my car wears the #25 badge on the lower left windshield and the pit row pass under the mirror matches this number.

The reason that the thread was deleted is because Camaro 5 admins did this to all of the dealer listings that were posted prior to them requiring sponsorship to post.

So once again you have failed at your attempts to discredit me for whatever reason - the only thing that I can devise as your motives is that you are envious of those of us that have real cars and not replicas.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:22 AM   #99
talwell

Quote:
You came in here showing pics and Vids of your regular SIM car... then Indy and showroom pics anyone could get off the internet is all we have seen... what the hell are we supposed to think?....The only problem I have with you is your continual attempts to jack this thead. The mods have failed to clean it up... Just sorry I participated in helping continue your agenda.
Actually your continued insistance to discredit me has dragged this on - being the great detective you are, go back and see what I actually posted. My first post in this thread was of my 2010 Camaro Indy 500 Festival Car - yes they are professional pictures taken in the museum where the car sits at this time but I did not think this was cause to doubt me. Because you and others continued to press me about how I was lying this is why my other SIM car and video came into the mix. I had not intention to jack any thread or to do anything more than to see if my car should be included in this discussion.

You are fast to point fingers at me for attempting to jack this thread - but you have not once admitted that continually you are incorrect in your claims about me or my car(s) despite my ability to prove you wrong.

I will drop it at this - we all own great cars and you need to hang up your detective cap as you do a lousy job at it.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:04 AM   #100
talwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiLT View Post
Then whos car is that in your avatar?
This is the reason why my regular (if you want to call it that) other SIM car came into the discussion. I did not even mention that I own 3 other camaros and a corvette before I was called out on my other car.

If I continued to tell you time and time again that your car was Victory Red and not IOM you would continue to defend the fact that it was IOM no matter how many times someone tells you otherwise. If you know for fact it is IOM it would probably anger you to be told many times it was not - the same thing that I am dealing with when you and others keep insisting that what I say is wrong and untruthful.

Tags
pace car, pacecar