Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Fabberge
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Old 06-17-2010, 08:41 PM   #1
Buhmblbe
Growing Up=Optional

Drives: 2010 Camaro Transformers 2LT RS
Thank goodness for great acceleration...

So I'm driving home tonight and I can't help but notice a teenage driver behind me driving a minivan. I just happened to look into my rear view mirror as I was slowing down for a light and he was barreling down on me fast. I watched the horrified look on this kid's face in the rear view mirror as he hit the brakes and braced for what should have been an unfortunate impact into my rear bumper. That's when I just instinctually gunned the gas pedal in my car and-because of all 312 ponies GM gave me, and no other reason, I was able to get away from this kid by what must have been only inches. I checked my underwear and there were no brown spots, but my gut feeling is that that kid will need to change his underwear and will now pay much closer attention to the road and the cars in front of him.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:48 PM   #2
The_Blur
Moderator, USN

Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Did he look like this?
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:49 PM   #3
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
A similar thing happened to me in my old T/A years ago. I'm stopping for a light, but the soccer mom in the minivan behind me wasn't paying attention. Once she began to brake, I knew she wasn't going to have enough room. It was an isolated intersection, and the coast was completely clear, so I nailed the Loud Pedal blowing through the red light so I could get out of Dodge! As I looked in my rear view, I saw her come to a halt in the center of the intersection. It was a good thing I was paying attention to all my surroundings, otherwise it would have been my ass!!!
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:01 PM   #4
Jeff@HellionPowerSystems

Drives: turbo SS
Good save
Jeff@HellionPowerSystems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 09:34 AM   #5
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
Impressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhmblbe View Post
So I'm driving home tonight and I can't help but notice a teenage driver behind me driving a minivan. I just happened to look into my rear view mirror as I was slowing down for a light and he was barreling down on me fast.....
You are a fantastic driver. You were alert.

Because you were doing that, you SAVED yourself from problems.

(THIS is like when you avoid some 6 inch deep pothole because you saw it and drove around it.)

All people need to look in the rear view A LOT. IT'S just a safer practice on the road. There is always at least one car on the road to watch out for.

Congrats on WATCHING the road. you were blessed.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:31 PM   #6
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ragtop View Post
You are a fantastic driver. You were alert.

Because you were doing that, you SAVED yourself from problems.

(THIS is like when you avoid some 6 inch deep pothole because you saw it and drove around it.)

All people need to look in the rear view A LOT. IT'S just a safer practice on the road. There is always at least one car on the road to watch out for.

Congrats on WATCHING the road. you were blessed.

~ Always check your "Six" ~
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote