Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hurst Shifters
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 06-17-2010, 09:17 PM   #1
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Ordering help

Well the time is finally here...I head in to order my Camaro at the end of the month. I am aware that I may get my order stuck around the "summer vacation" in Oshawa but I had to hold off until June/July to order. I am just looking for any help or advice for ordering, because I have never been through this and want to come to the dealer prepped...

A little info of my situation, my dealer did request a deposit that is refundable. They say they will sell at MSRP, but will not sell below...I am fine with that, I won't pay a dime over MSRP, however if they can do MSRP then I am good with it.

I was curious if you guys had any road bumps or issues with the process (or dealers). Any issues or fees you felt could have been avoided that you weren't aware of until after purchase or vehicle arrival? Thanks for any help!
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 02:56 PM   #2
Amanda
Givin em hell since 87'

Drives: 2011 SW 1SS M6
I dont understand why you they cant go below msrp? Especially on an order- the dealer wont lose any money by having the car sit on the lot until it is sold...You should at least be able to talk them down 300 or so... I was not required to make a deposit, but if you do- make sure it is 100% refundable. Also be sure your dealer has no additional fees for "ordering"... you should only have to pay their normal paperwork fees which range between 89 and 200 in my experience (and im sure you already know about tax, title and license fees). Be sure your dealer has allocation, and also be sure to call chevy customer service to be sure they recieved your order and that all details are correct.

good luck!
Amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:55 PM   #3
The Viz

Drives: Everything
With a brand new model year, being willing to pay sticker is a good thing. Make sure you do have the order in hand with the pricing clearly marked, and preferably signed by the sales manager. Do make sure your salesman gives you the order number once the car has been entered into the system so that you can track it's progress here. You aren't going to get a better deal, but you can negotiate on any accessories you may want to add. Most of all, don't be afraid to stop in or call your salesperson with updates. It's very easy for them to get on and see the current status. For novelty, you can have him print out the workbench history periodically to see the time line of the car's build. Also, make it clear that you want all the build sheets in the car when it comes in if that is something that interests you, as they get thrown out very soon after the car hits the ground at the dealership.

"God help the child who grows out of everything"
The Viz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 05:21 PM   #4
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
If your order goes in this weekend (assuming they have allocation to submit an order) it will be built the week of July 26th. Add about two weeks onto it for delivery.

MSRP? Wish I could get MSRP for every one
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:05 PM   #5
Danprh427

Drives: 2010 Camaro
scotty sells enough to make up for it but they can afford to go 1000 under for supplier price and if u got the pontiac saturn or buick u get another 1000 off make um throw in free stuff if they wont go below they owe u that.
Danprh427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:41 PM   #6
brantley847
v It bites.

Wow, two weeks after build. I didn't realize it was that quick, but that is great news.

I will def take all of this into consideration when approaching the dealer. Like I said, I understand this is a new year model so I am aware I may not get a better offer than MSRP...I am just getting these pre purchase jitters and I really feel like they are going to try to hose me with fees once all is said and done. Courtesy dealers in Orlando have been known to be FAIR...not bad, not the greatest...but the positive side to this is a fellow member recommended me and I am dealing directly with a sales manager....

Fingers crossed..wish me luck..hopefully in August I will join you all with my SS
Old 06-18-2010, 08:46 PM   #7
fastkevman

Drives: 2011 Victory Red 1SS/RS M6
Not to be rude but, MSRP is for suckers now, there's no need for screwing yourself out of money.
The cars been out a year, they are plentiful and there are plenty of dealers willing to make a good deal.
fastkevman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 09:29 PM   #8
brantley847
v It bites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastkevman View Post
Not to be rude but, MSRP is for suckers now, there's no need for screwing yourself out of money.
The cars been out a year, they are plentiful and there are plenty of dealers willing to make a good deal.
Nah ...no disrespect taken

I agree with you 100% on the 2010 model. There are many on lots now for invoice and less here in Orlando. The V6 is a frequent sight in Orlando...not the SS. The SS allocation seems to be minimal here. If I've seen 50 camaros in the last year here...I have seen maybe two of the SS. Now this may prompt the response "well they should be cheap" if they aren't being sold. Well they aren't on the lots either...at least not the numerous I have been too. So you have to order the vehicle...production for the 2010 has stopped. Over YEARS of waiting, I finally have the funding to purchase this car so I don't feel like waiting any longer. I have not named my price to the dealer yet, so I may have some room to work...the fact is there are no 2011s that I have seen driving around yet...so while I may be able to shoot for less. The fact is this car as a whole is still selling from the lots. This is evidence when there are no rebates or incentives excluding the Pontiac/Saturn loyalty which does not apply to me...so what would make me think they will drop below much less than MSRP on a brand new year model that isn't even on the lots yet?
Old 06-18-2010, 09:56 PM   #9
fastkevman

Drives: 2011 Victory Red 1SS/RS M6
Your area sure is 100% different than mine but, to save $1-2K I'd certainly be willing to travel if I was in that situation.
Look a few hundred miles around your area and see if there are abundant SS's sitting.
fastkevman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:01 PM   #10
Danprh427

Drives: 2010 Camaro
My dealer over here had 2 used ss's dady bought for their kids and then they realized you cant give 425 hp to a kid i know they were selling them for below msrp with only like 100-200 miles on it.
Danprh427 is offline   Reply With Quote