Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:17 AM   #1
Agent Iroquois

Drives: 1992 firebird convert
question about financing for a dealer

When one applies for financing, what is the total amount requested?
if the car is going to be say 45k, and with interest it will be 55k, what is the amount of the loan?

it looks to me that they want to ask for the total amount (55k with his example).

sorry...its my first time with this.

thanks
Agent Iroquois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 08:28 AM   #2
bi11ymc
"Silver Street"

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
They will take the amount you agreed to (after trade and/or money down), plus tax/title/registration fees and finance it for that amount. The interest will be determined over the amount of months the loan is and added to the monthly payment and not reflected in the actual amount you are financing. That way, if you financed it today, won the lottery tomorrow and paid the car off before your first payment, you will actually only pay the original amount plus a few days interest. In your example, it would be financed for 45K

I believe this is correct information.

CAI Inc., ARH LT Headers with Cats, Borla Touring Cat-Back; Pfadt Coil Overs, Sway Bars, End Links, and Trailing Arms; Comp Cams Blower Cam, Dual Springs, Push-Rods, and Lifters; GM LS2 Lifter Trays, 6.2 MLS Head Gaskets, Crank Bolt, and LS2 Front Cover; 3-Bolt Conversion Timing Gear, Katech C5R Timing Chain, ARP LS2/LS3 Head Bolt Kit, Melling Hi Volume Oil Pump, TVS 2300 Supercharger (Black); Build by Vengeance Racing; Custom Tune by Vengeance Racing
bi11ymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 08:29 AM   #3
GaryTucker

Drives: 09 Vette GT1, 06 350Z, 82 MSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Iroquois View Post
When one applies for financing, what is the total amount requested?
if the car is going to be say 45k, and with interest it will be 55k, what is the amount of the loan?

it looks to me that they want to ask for the total amount (55k with his example).

sorry...its my first time with this.

thanks
The amount of the financing agreement will be for the price of the car plus any upside down you have with a trade-in...that is all. There will be a section that says "total cost of financing"...this is the disclosure box that tells you how much financing the car is financing you. There should also be a box that says amount financed...that is the example I provided above.

I'm not trying to belittle you, so please don't take it that way-There are plenty of people out there that are willing to take advantage of a first-timer like you. Please Please Please have someone you trust look over the papers. If they can't go with you, ask the dealership for a copy of the financing contract and the purchase contract so that you can have someone look over them BEFORE you sign and take delivery. If the dealer is not comfortable letting you do this...find a new dealer. Any honest dealer will let you do this as they have nothing to hide.

Also, don't fall for paint protection, paint protection or additional undercoating as these items can even potentially cause more harm than good.

Good luck in your purchase.
GaryTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:57 AM   #4
Agent Iroquois

Drives: 1992 firebird convert
i wonder if i should scan my contract and show you guys? it looks to me that they are asking to finance the total amount!
Agent Iroquois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:04 AM   #5
jtzako

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
Unless you are way upside down on a trade in the finance amount should not be much more than the cost of the car + TTL. (not more than a few k over purchase price at most)
Old 06-19-2010, 10:07 AM   #6
oldfriend

Drives: 2010 SS BLK IO interior
the loan amount is the money that you ask to the bank to pay for the car [in your case] , the total that you will pay to the bank will be the amount that you ask plus the interest that you will pay over time . PLEASE GO TO EDUMDS.COM THEY DO HAVE A TABLE THAT IS VERY CLEAR TO DO AND GOOD LUCK
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:08 AM   #7
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Iroquois View Post
i wonder if i should scan my contract and show you guys? it looks to me that they are asking to finance the total amount!
Go ahead and post it...we'll help you.
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy is offline   Reply With Quote