Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 06-20-2010, 08:26 AM   #1
ezcam2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS / RS
Talking Help with Audio -Subs, Amp, Enclosure etc...

Hi, I have a 2010 Camaro with the "premium" boston acoustics system from the factory installed. I'm looking to upgrade starting with a sub / box / amp. I picked up a Treo RSX 1600 amp:
http://www.treoonline.com/rsx_amps.html running at 1 ohm
Treo RSX 10" Sub: http://www.treoonline.com/rsx.html and a Pro Box enclosure: http://www.proboxrocks.com/products/...TB/index.shtml.
I have had some guys saying these are good components, others saying "not so good." My questions are: 1. Does anyone have any experience using an enclosure that fits over the wheel well and fits into the side? 2. Do I want sealed / ported? (I like club music and rock. hip hop, not so much but occasionally I do listen to it). I mainly want it to sound really good and loud, but I don't want to hear a lot of rattle and it doesn't matter either way if I feel all the air movement etc. 3. If I dont mind the hassle, should I go ahead and sell all / part of this set up and get something else? I was thinking about JBL, but I really really don't know much about car audio. the Gti series is what i was thinking. 4. I want something that looks and sounds good. I don't want to be the hardest hitting / or anything. But, if I go to a show with some friends, I want it to be respectable. The probox kinda looks lame in my car!
5. if anyone has experience or pics / with the 2010 camaro let me know.
6. I want a solid set up that I can build upon later as I go. thinking about letting this guy make a 10 box for each side in the trunk. Do I keep the treo? Or replace, etc cause I will at least need 1 more sub.....
ezcam2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:42 AM   #2
kook

Drives: 2010 2SS Yellow
Go to subthump.com he has some nice set ups.
kook is offline   Reply With Quote