Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:14 AM   #1
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
eBay Buyers with out common sense or simple logic.

As the guy I sold some parts to wants to know what I am gonna do for him after HE scratched HIS paint, installing the parts I sold him.

And with the eBay system now set up the way it is, buyer can hold you for ransom if you don't fulfill their unreasonable wishes.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:19 AM   #2
Shardik2SS
How U Doin?

Drives: #21,644
That's crazy!
Shardik2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:27 AM   #3
svrds10

Drives: 2SS/RS M6 Wht/Slvr ext Wht/Gry int
Not necessarily true. If he gives you a bad rating you can dispute it with ebay. I have done it. I have a perfect 100% rating. The new system does suck but it really has helped alot of people from getting screwed over by sellers. There are good and bad things about it.. Sucks that your getting the bad end of the deal though :(

'10 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS - Summit White W/ Silver Stripes
'
09 Dodge Challenger R/T - Hemi Orange
svrds10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:53 AM   #4
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2001 Maxima
:(
Old 06-21-2010, 05:17 PM   #5
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Quote:
Originally Posted by svrds10 View Post
Not necessarily true. If he gives you a bad rating you can dispute it with ebay. I have done it. (
You got lucky then as only if they break the rules on feedback will they remove it.

Anyone can easily say, I don't like it, looks like junk, true or not and ebay don't care.

they have to be rude or post somthing you can prove is false.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:55 PM   #6
YLWJKT

Drives: 2010 SC'd 2SS
I agree, selling on Ebay sucks big time.
I've had guys leave negative feedback, without warning simply because THEY ORDERED the incorrect part. And NO, Ebay won't work with you on it.
YLWJKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:34 PM   #7
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

The only way I can figure a way out is to see if we can do a refund if they accept a cancel transaction request through ebay first.
Then haggle it out through paypal as I’m not eating the shipping cost both ways.

Which is the only way I can think of, to flip the table back on them with their extortion tactics to get something for nothing.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:19 AM   #8
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
One of the reasons why I quit selling anything on Ebay. Ebay has become too buyer orientated and piss on the sellers. I quit selling when Ebay stopped letting sellers do anything about non-paying buyers and stopped investigating buyer fraud.

Contact Ebay immediately and tell them of his extortion. Keep copies of all e-mails and even ask the buyer for pics. Also contact Paypal in case the tries to request a refund.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:10 AM   #9
zerox

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Bumblebee
I'm sorry but ebay is just HORRIBLE for sellers now. It is just down right BS. I have been screwed over 4 times in the past 6 months from deadbeat losers. I had some BUY IT NOW auctions. People would buy it now, then just refuse to pay you. Some would even just leave - feedback for no reason whatsoever and the seller can't leave a - for the buyer? That is just horse shit! I hardly use ebay anymore because I'm sick of their bullshit. They don't even try to help the seller, their service is horrendous and they don't do f all to help you out. I just buy from them the odd time. But yes sellers are straight screwed now it seems. They always take the buyers side
Old 06-27-2010, 01:12 AM   #10
zerox

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Bumblebee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Scot View Post
I agree, selling on Ebay sucks big time.
I've had guys leave negative feedback, without warning simply because THEY ORDERED the incorrect part. And NO, Ebay won't work with you on it.
I had that happen lots, all ebay will say is "you must respect the buyers wish" **** YOU EBAY!
Old 06-27-2010, 04:19 PM   #11
Oldrocker

Drives: 2010 SS2/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by svrds10 View Post
Not necessarily true. If he gives you a bad rating you can dispute it with ebay. I have done it. I have a perfect 100% rating. The new system does suck but it really has helped alot of people from getting screwed over by sellers. There are good and bad things about it.. Sucks that your getting the bad end of the deal though :(
I'd like to know how you did it. I stayed on the phone with the morons at Ebay for over an hour and they wouldn't budge. I had a negative for nothing, guy just left it being a prick. That was over a year ago, maybe they have changed their "policies".
Oldrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:26 AM   #12
kryptonian
awsome!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
i havent been on ebay in like 8 years. i stopped right after paypal came along. i got burned a few times so i said F it and left. been buying stuff thru craigslist ever since. worked out very well for me.
kryptonian is offline   Reply With Quote