Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2010, 12:19 PM   #169
IPSjeff
 
Drives: 2009 ZR1
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
Jeff, as a safe backup would you recommend that a secondary oil pump be purchased and keep in the car, in case someone is on a long drive and somehow the oil pump fails?
If yes, you may want to add that as an option and is it relatively easy to change?
I honestly don't think it is necessary as the pump (Like any oil or water pump) will last a considerably long time. The life-expectancy should be as good or better than any other component in the kit.
Jeff
IPSjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:25 PM   #170
Z_Rocks

 
Z_Rocks's Avatar
 
Drives: everyone crazy...
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 2,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPSjeff View Post
I honestly don't think it is necessary as the pump (Like any oil or water pump) will last a considerably long time. The life-expectancy should be as good or better than any other component in the kit.
Jeff
Ok, just a thought. BTW, you may want to write up a bit about the "timer for the oil pump" that you include in the kit, what it does and it's benefits!
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:42 PM   #171
IPSjeff
 
Drives: 2009 ZR1
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
Ok, just a thought. BTW, you may want to write up a bit about the "timer for the oil pump" that you include in the kit, what it does and it's benefits!
I sure will. Rest assured, if it wasn't needed we wouldn't include it as it only adds to the over-all cost of the kit. As the L99 car is going together I will post up quite a few pics and info type posts for sure
Jeff
IPSjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:08 AM   #172
IPSjeff
 
Drives: 2009 ZR1
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 651
Just scheduled a LSx-block build for our TT Kit so we will also have some low-compression 427 numbers in a SS soon

The engine will be a few weeks to get built but I will add pics of the set-up on this car as well once it is going all together.

The GT3586's and built tranny should make it an easy 9-second SS and he will go confirm it the day he picks it up I am sure
Jeff
IPSjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:21 AM   #173
Z_Rocks

 
Z_Rocks's Avatar
 
Drives: everyone crazy...
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 2,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPSjeff View Post
Just scheduled a LSx-block build for our TT Kit so we will also have some low-compression 427 numbers in a SS soon

The engine will be a few weeks to get built but I will add pics of the set-up on this car as well once it is going all together.

The GT3586's and built tranny should make it an easy 9-second SS and he will go confirm it the day he picks it up I am sure
Jeff
Is this car coming from Georgia?
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:23 AM   #174
IPSjeff
 
Drives: 2009 ZR1
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
Is this car coming from Georgia?
Nope, it is actually in the shop right now with a BIG 2-stage nitrous set-up but he couldn't resist the numbers the turbo's made any longer

He has seen the kit in person 25 times so it was a pretty easy sell
Jeff
IPSjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:27 AM   #175
Z_Rocks

 
Z_Rocks's Avatar
 
Drives: everyone crazy...
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 2,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPSjeff View Post
He has seen the kit in person 25 times so it was a pretty easy sell
Jeff
So, he's been drooling all over these kits?
So you think this is going to be nastier than atomicfusion's car?
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:34 AM   #176
IPSjeff
 
Drives: 2009 ZR1
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
So you think this is going to be nastier than atomicfusion's car?
Not even close
IPSjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:37 AM   #177
Z_Rocks

 
Z_Rocks's Avatar
 
Drives: everyone crazy...
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 2,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPSjeff View Post
Not even close
Even the big boys are praising that build. When finished, you should put a video of that car in here as well.

Last edited by Z_Rocks; 07-16-2010 at 01:15 AM.
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:27 AM   #178
|BLACKSS|
 
|BLACKSS|'s Avatar
 
Drives: BLACK 1SS
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
Posts: 269
will we get a tcm tune for the trans for the L99's the daiblosport tuners dont offer them so what will you use? I know that alot of guys love the vectormotorsports tunes for the A6's
|BLACKSS| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:17 AM   #179
IPSjeff
 
Drives: 2009 ZR1
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by |BLACKSS| View Post
will we get a tcm tune for the trans for the L99's the daiblosport tuners dont offer them so what will you use? I know that alot of guys love the vectormotorsports tunes for the A6's
We don't use Diablosport to tune here (We use HP Tuners for all our GM applications) so I would advise taking the car to a shop to have it tuned. We will supply a tuner if need-be but that is only as a service and not a replacement for a custom tune at a knowledgeable shop.

To answer your question I would not currently use Diablosport to tune a L99 car.
Jeff
IPSjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:15 PM   #180
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,154
Jeff,
After stopping by your shop yesterday and seeing the parts you put in your kit, I'm very impressed. As soon as you get that L99 in your shop ready to take for a drive, I'd appreciate a call so I can have a look at it. I'm really starting to lean toward this kit!

Maybe my car Camaro can be the first TT kit you install in your new shop!
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:43 PM   #181
Granatelli
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2SS Victory Red
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oxnard
Posts: 1,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Jeff,
After stopping by your shop yesterday and seeing the parts you put in your kit, I'm very impressed. As soon as you get that L99 in your shop ready to take for a drive, I'd appreciate a call so I can have a look at it. I'm really starting to lean toward this kit!

Maybe my car Camaro can be the first TT kit you install in your new shop!
If you are close enough to drive to a good shop that builds kits - there is no question which you should buy -
Granatelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:44 PM   #182
Granatelli
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2SS Victory Red
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oxnard
Posts: 1,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPSjeff View Post
We don't use Diablosport to tune here (We use HP Tuners for all our GM applications) so I would advise taking the car to a shop to have it tuned. We will supply a tuner if need-be but that is only as a service and not a replacement for a custom tune at a knowledgeable shop.

To answer your question I would not currently use Diablosport to tune a L99 car.
Jeff
We agree on that too
Granatelli is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official 1/4 Mile (V8) 2010+ Camaro Fast List Merc Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion 3293 12-07-2016 05:03 AM
V8 Camaro Performance Upgrades List Milk 1027 Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 89 02-20-2015 09:43 PM
2010 LS3 stock short block $2,500? nuptualnemesis V8 - Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons, Tuning Equipment 4 06-26-2011 12:24 AM
What's the top end on a stock LS3 2010 Camaro BoomBoomKid USA - California 34 06-25-2010 05:18 PM
LS3 Tune Only Results .. Also stock LS3 vs. L99 dyno graph LPFSTheFett Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 5 08-05-2009 08:04 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.