Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Forced Induction - V6 V6 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2010, 06:45 PM   #1
DeezNuts
 
DeezNuts's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro LS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Eglin AFB, Florida
Posts: 61
Lingenfelter Im calling you out....

Why is it that you guys claim to have the V6 supercharger package and in your video you posted on your web site says "coming fall 2009" Now whenever people call you to ask how much longer until its finished you keep saying "we are working on the tune." Why is it that the SS got tuned in only a few months after it came out, but you guys cant seem to get a V6 tuned in a year? You looked like the most promising at first but now I'm starting to think you guys just gave up. Though I'd like it very much if you proved me wrong and crammed these words down my throat. So enlighten us what really is the hold up? Because being lied to shows a shady business. Psst if you need help with a tune heres a good number 425.844.0320 thats Trifecta's number maybe they can help you with that "tune".

Last edited by DeezNuts; 06-15-2010 at 07:00 PM.
DeezNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:50 PM   #2
speedy_g
 
speedy_g's Avatar
 
Drives: CAMARO RS V6
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL
Posts: 227
ya!!!
speedy_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:51 PM   #3
PoorMansCamaro
n00b
 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 54,262
Did u try calling them? That might be more effective.
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:32 PM   #4
John VS
 
John VS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT CGM, IOM Int.
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 381
Quote:
That might be more effective.
Not necessarily.
John VS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:37 AM   #5
DeezNuts
 
DeezNuts's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro LS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Eglin AFB, Florida
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNuts View Post
Why is it that you guys claim to have the V6 supercharger package and in your video you posted on your web site says "coming fall 2009"Now whenever people call you to ask how much longer until its finished you keep saying "we are working on the tune." Why is it that the SS got tuned in only a few months after it came out, but you guys cant seem to get a V6 tuned in a year? You looked like the most promising at first but now I'm starting to think you guys just gave up. Though I'd like it very much if you proved me wrong and crammed these words down my throat. So enlighten us what really is the hold up? Because being lied to shows a shady business. Psst if you need help with a tune heres a good number 425.844.0320 thats Trifecta's number maybe they can help you with that "tune".

I have called them. And I know a lot of other people on here that have too.
DeezNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:13 AM   #6
PoorMansCamaro
n00b
 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 54,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by John VS View Post
Not necessarily.
Hence the word "might".
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNuts View Post
I have called them. And I know a lot of other people on here that have too.
oh, ok. Well I hope someone from there sees this thread and can fill us in. If not, just keep calling!
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:57 AM   #7
ROD1
Back to the hunt....
 
ROD1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro RS V6 #1301 DOB 3/23/09
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ithaca NY
Posts: 2,561
From what I hear, the Bosch torque management is a big nut to crack if crackable at all! No one is going to give to much info on it as each wants to be the first to get it done for obvious reasons.
ROD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:07 AM   #8
camaro guy
 
camaro guy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro LS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: missouri
Posts: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROD1 View Post
From what I hear, the Bosch torque management is a big nut to crack if crackable at all! No one is going to give to much info on it as each wants to be the first to get it done for obvious reasons.
then release for M6
camaro guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:07 PM   #9
paul2010

 
paul2010's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1278
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,217
BUY A V8 if you don't like the wait!!!
__________________
2012 ZL1 #1278

2010 2nd Place Fastest 4 5th Gen LSX Shootout
2011 2nd Place Fastest 4 5th Gen LSX Shootout
paul2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:59 PM   #10
ewynn9
 
ewynn9's Avatar
 
Drives: IOM 1LT/RS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: McKinney TX
Posts: 600
Do people realize how long the LS3 has been out? It's a helluva lot easier to supercharge an engine that has already been insanely modified compared to our LLT.
__________________
ewynn9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:16 AM   #11
WiccaJew

 
WiccaJew's Avatar
 
Drives: Black & Blue 1SS
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Back In The Desert
Posts: 1,259
It would probably be more expensive to supercharge the v6 then to trade and buy a V8
WiccaJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 01:15 AM   #12
SDCamaro10

 
SDCamaro10's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiccaJew View Post
It would probably be more expensive to supercharge the v6 then to trade and buy a V8
not entirely true. if you get a base LS, or even a 1LT, for say $24k(ive seen them as low as 19k for an LS and 22 for an LT) and spend roughly 6k on a supercharger, with install and dyno, you will be putting out SS crank HP, at your wheels. for LESS then an SS model. Also take in to consideration insurance, which is lower then an SS.

So depending what you do, it can actually be considerably less then buying an SS. However, supercharge an SS and you got FTW. haha.

You would have to keep the boost somewhat low on a V6, unless you plan on swapping out internals, transmission and a new rear end, which will add up as well.

just imagine the shock and awe factor when someone sees the V6 model roast an SS, or a shleby, srt8 or whatever.
__________________
SDCamaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 02:48 PM   #13
LOWDOWN
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Daily
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cruisin'...
Posts: 4,162
EXTRA! EXTRA!

The LLT BoschBox has NOT been cracked in any substantial way...or there would be a tune from a reputable source for power-adders by now...

Those who say they have/can, HAVEN'T...

Again, has anyone seen a driving video of Leno's car??? Which HE promised to share, when speaking @ SEMA??? NO???

Guess what...

The BoschBox from the 2.8 TT is quite different, and NOT "adaptable", either...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 03:39 PM   #14
Maurdib

 
Maurdib's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT/RS Auto
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Fernando Valley
Posts: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
EXTRA! EXTRA!

The LLT BoschBox has NOT been cracked in any substantial way...or there would be a tune from a reputable source for power-adders by now...

Those who say they have/can, HAVEN'T...

Again, has anyone seen a driving video of Leno's car??? Which HE promised to share, when speaking @ SEMA??? NO???

Guess what...

The BoschBox from the 2.8 TT is quite different, and NOT "adaptable", either...
So are you saying we shouldn't expect any FI, for a while or even this gen?
__________________
BackInBlack
Performance:Vararam cold air intake
Maurdib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 04:54 PM   #15
CAMAR0
Loose is Fast!
 
CAMAR0's Avatar
 
Drives: Mikes Hard Lemons
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brick House
Posts: 645
Why not bark up GM's tree also? After all, they did display a car that was a hoax at SEMA. They also could at any point give a seminar to aftermarket companies before or at SEMA on how to tune this black box. I tried emailing them and this was the response. Maybe we all should shoot emails to this address and submit our idea at the other link below.

cac@chevrolet.com



Service Request: 71-836151446
Customer Relationship Specialist: Jay


Dear CAMAR0,


Thank you for contacting the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center. We appreciate it when customers like you take the time to write to us about your ideas, suggestions and inventions. General Motors requires that all ideas for new devices be submitted online. Hardcopy submissions are no longer accepted.


General Motors is interested in your ideas and encourages you to go to
www.gm.com/explore/technology/innovations/ to access the New Devices Section. The online process allows you the ease of submission, prompt confirmation of receipt, and efficient evaluation. If the above link is inoperable, please access www.gm.com and navigate to Experience GM > Technology > Submit Ideas for New Devices.


Once again, we thank you for your e-mail and your product suggestion. If you should need to contact us in the future, please e-mail us again or call us at (800) 222-1020.


For more information regarding the maintenance and care of your vehicle, please visit www.gmownercenter.com. This free online service offers vehicle and ownership-related information and tools tailored to your specific Chevrolet vehicle.


Again, thank you for contacting Chevrolet.


Sincerely,

The Chevrolet Consumer Support Team

[THREAD ID:1-DTSJQS]

-----Original Message-----

From:
Sent: 6/3/2010 07:42:50 PM
To: powertrain@gm.com
Subject: GM Powertrain

------------------------------------------------------------

Name CAMAR0 :

Daytime Phone Number : ()
ex.
Evening Phone Number : () -
ex.

Comments : Please release aN ECM for the 2010 Camaro LLT V6 that includes a tune for Forced Induction as a GM Performance Part. Another option would be to release the Turbonetics Leno TT kit as a GMPP. Aftermarket companies are having no luck developing turbo or SC kits for our cars because they have no idea how to tune the ECM with Direct Injection. If you need any proof of this search STS Turbo kit 2010 Camaro on youtube. It spins its tires like it has the park brake on.

Thanks
CAMAR0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:54 PM   #16
paul2010

 
paul2010's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1278
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,217
I know Lingenfelter is much closer then that with regards to the tuning. I have seen the Dyno numbers and it spins the tires and drives down the road.
__________________
2012 ZL1 #1278

2010 2nd Place Fastest 4 5th Gen LSX Shootout
2011 2nd Place Fastest 4 5th Gen LSX Shootout
paul2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:10 PM   #17
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 14,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
EXTRA! EXTRA!

The LLT BoschBox has NOT been cracked in any substantial way...or there would be a tune from a reputable source for power-adders by now...

Those who say they have/can, HAVEN'T...

Again, has anyone seen a driving video of Leno's car??? Which HE promised to share, when speaking @ SEMA??? NO???

Guess what...

The BoschBox from the 2.8 TT is quite different, and NOT "adaptable", either...
I guess I don't understand... You know the Leno car was built by GM, right?
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Great Racing Quotes

"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time."
"I was doing fine until about mid-corner when I ran out of talent."
"Don't brake until you see God, just don't meet him"
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:22 AM   #18
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro guy View Post
then release for M6
From my observations and discussions with my little birdies there appears there is also a torque limiter, not just torque management for automatics at shift time... remember this system is drive by wire and is a torque based system....
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 05:56 AM   #19
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice
 
usa1camaro1969's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 LS + a few more
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
From my observations and discussions with my little birdies there appears there is also a torque limiter, not just torque management for automatics at shift time... remember this system is drive by wire and is a torque based system....

That would explain what we were seeing with the STS/AAC car.
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:29 AM   #20
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 View Post
That would explain what we were seeing with the STS/AAC car.
kind of what I'm thinking... HOWEVER everything I've heard say's they've overcome this issue.... and of course STS/ACC have not been heard from in a very long time...

So for now I'm just driving my car and enjoying it! LOL
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:02 AM   #21
devildoc

 
devildoc's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Toyota Tacoma Dbl
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Beaufort, SC
Posts: 1,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
EXTRA! EXTRA!

The LLT BoschBox has NOT been cracked in any substantial way...or there would be a tune from a reputable source for power-adders by now...

Those who say they have/can, HAVEN'T...

Again, has anyone seen a driving video of Leno's car??? Which HE promised to share, when speaking @ SEMA??? NO???

Guess what...

The BoschBox from the 2.8 TT is quite different, and NOT "adaptable", either...
Unfortuantely Sir, you are wrong. Trifecta Performance has a tune for the V6, I have it and it works beautifully. I don't know where you got your info from, but I wouldn't consider it reliable. Trifecta has also provided the tuning for the STS turbo kit, though, there is a hold up on the STS side I have been assured the tuning is complete other wise the AAC car wouldn't have even been able to make it down the track at C5 fest.
__________________
STANDING 1/4MI: 13.948@99.87
6600RPM HP/TQ Gains - 30.54HP/24.3TQ (NOT PEAK)
devildoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:26 AM   #22
speedy_g
 
speedy_g's Avatar
 
Drives: CAMARO RS V6
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL
Posts: 227
I think trifecta is a joke.if they did finish the sts tune it would be out and we would all be seeing the results by now. It's not that hard to pick the right turbo and make a kit .maybe a week .
speedy_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:34 AM   #23
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by devildoc View Post
Unfortuantely Sir, you are wrong. Trifecta Performance has a tune for the V6, I have it and it works beautifully. I don't know where you got your info from, but I wouldn't consider it reliable. Trifecta has also provided the tuning for the STS turbo kit, though, there is a hold up on the STS side I have been assured the tuning is complete other wise the AAC car wouldn't have even been able to make it down the track at C5 fest.
While I have utmost respect for Vince and all he's done, I don't believe he has completely mastered the ECU... I still believe there is a torque limiter that is holding back my car.... I have had a few in-depth discussions with a couple of little birdies that are very familiar with the LLT and have explained my observations... They have pretty much confirmed my suspicions... I have passed the info on to Vince...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:36 AM   #24
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy_g View Post
I think trifecta is a joke.if they did finish the sts tune it would be out and we would all be seeing the results by now. It's not that hard to pick the right turbo and make a kit .maybe a week .
Not a joke... Last I talked with Vince STS had NOT contacted him or supplied him with any requested data logs...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 08:40 AM   #25
speedy_g
 
speedy_g's Avatar
 
Drives: CAMARO RS V6
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL
Posts: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
While I have utmost respect for Vince and all he's done, I don't believe he has completely mastered the ECU... I still believe there is a torque limiter that is holding back my car.... I have had a few in-depth discussions with a couple of little birdies that are very familiar with the LLT and have explained my observations... They have pretty much confirmed my suspicions... I have passed the info on to Vince...


Ok maybe I put that a bit harsh ..but like I'm thinking its not fully cracked yet ..
speedy_g is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lingenfelter 2010 Camaro Engine Packages - up to 800hp! Sizzox 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 108 04-14-2010 07:09 PM
C&D: 2010 Lingenfelter Camaro SS shootout with 2010 Roush Ford Mustang Stage 3 Tran 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 101 03-25-2010 01:37 PM
Lingenfelter 750hp LS7 Camaro debuts at SEMA Tran Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 14 11-07-2009 10:40 PM
Lingenfelter SEMA vehicles with pictures!! Kevin@Lingenfelter Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 16 11-01-2009 09:06 PM
Lingenfelter Supercharged Camaro makes 600 RWHP!! Kevin@Lingenfelter Forced Induction - V8 219 06-24-2009 02:26 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.