Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Dynomax Exhaust
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions


View Poll Results: Is MSRP on the 2011 reasonable?
Yes 23 48.94%
No 24 51.06%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2010, 07:42 PM   #1
brantley847
v It bites.
 
brantley847's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 3,405
Dealer's take....

I know there are quite a few reputable, honest dealers and salesmen/women on this forum..so maybe you can help me.

Many of you have address "why are people still paying MSRP?".

I felt paying MSRP for the 2011 was reasonable, but for some reason many people do not agree with me. How much cost does the dealer actually retain from the camaro? It seems like it is not much. At what point does the dealer LOSE money..is it invoice? Either way.. I think I am being fair, but the reason I ask this question is to better educate myself if the dealer tries to sneak in hidden fees and hose me upon delivery....

the more prepared I am the easier this process will be and the more I save sooner I will be able to purchase the ATAK
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:45 PM   #2
shawn18
OWTATIME
 
shawn18's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 CaRaMo & Oranch ZL1
Join Date: May 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,950
If your dealer wont sell the car at preferred pricing or invoice then I would look somewhere else........
shawn18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:52 PM   #3
brantley847
v It bites.
 
brantley847's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 3,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn18 View Post
If your dealer wont sell the car at preferred pricing or invoice then I would look somewhere else........
I understand...but I want to able to negotiate this stuff, so I would like to see costs and not just drop every place like a dime as soon as I walk in.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:14 PM   #4
Danprh427
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 318
Its your salesmen you should atleast get preferred pricing if u own any gm car or if you know them. I got mine 2,000 under msrp and if your walking in to order a 2011 they know you really want it and that you are going to probally pay msrp so they will try to get you to pay before they budge.
Danprh427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:32 PM   #5
The_Blur
Rock Chalk
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: Demon Super Sport
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,687
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Since 2011 is the same price as 2010, it would be safe to say that the Camaro is priced very well.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:34 PM   #6
brantley847
v It bites.
 
brantley847's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 3,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Since 2011 is the same price as 2010, it would be safe to say that the Camaro is priced very well.
Yea I agree...I was excited to see a very minimal price increase.

I don't believe they can say "we know you want this vehicle" for all they know I could walk out and buy a mustang.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:35 PM   #7
The_Blur
Rock Chalk
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: Demon Super Sport
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,687
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
Yea I agree...I was excited to see a very minimal price increase.

I don't believe they can say "we know you want this vehicle" for all they know I could walk out and buy a mustang.
Dealers oftentimes forget that their prices aren't just competing with other people who sell their inventory. They have to worry that every dealer of every car could beat them.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:38 PM   #8
Muscle Master
SS Lightning
 
Muscle Master's Avatar
 
Drives: An SRT8
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cinnaminson, NJ
Posts: 2,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
I know there are quite a few reputable, honest dealers and salesmen/women on this forum..so maybe you can help me.

Many of you have address "why are people still paying MSRP?".

I felt paying MSRP for the 2011 was reasonable, but for some reason many people do not agree with me. How much cost does the dealer actually retain from the camaro? It seems like it is not much. At what point does the dealer LOSE money..is it invoice? Either way.. I think I am being fair, but the reason I ask this question is to better educate myself if the dealer tries to sneak in hidden fees and hose me upon delivery....

the more prepared I am the easier this process will be and the more I save sooner I will be able to purchase the ATAK
No one has yet to answer the question



I'm curious myself
__________________

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:46 PM   #9
fastkevman
 
fastkevman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Victory Red 1SS/RS M6
Join Date: May 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Since 2011 is the same price as 2010, it would be safe to say that the Camaro is priced very well.
That's only half true in the ponycars war, they are priced higher than the Mustang that was just upgraded with more powerful engines.
How is GM gonna raise prices against that competition?
Now compared to the Challenger they are a bargain.
fastkevman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:50 PM   #10
brantley847
v It bites.
 
brantley847's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 3,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastkevman View Post
That's only half true in the ponycars war, they are priced higher than the Mustang that was just upgraded with more powerful engines.
How is GM gonna raise prices against that competition?
Now compared to the Challenger they are a bargain.
The challenger is just a damn rip off
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:58 PM   #11
fastkevman
 
fastkevman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Victory Red 1SS/RS M6
Join Date: May 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
The challenger is just a damn rip off
True and quite frankly I am loving Ford right now because if they had raised their prices for the Mustang I would be paying more for my Camaro.
They really screwed their fanboys though, imagine buying a Mustang last year and the very next year they bring out the same car with an extra 100hp for the same price....that's a kick in the teeth.
fastkevman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:07 PM   #12
brantley847
v It bites.
 
brantley847's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 3,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastkevman View Post
True and quite frankly I am loving Ford right now because if they had raised their prices for the Mustang I would be paying more for my Camaro.
They really screwed their fanboys though, imagine buying a Mustang last year and the very next year they bring out the same car with an extra 100hp for the same price....that's a kick in the teeth.
2nd that...
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:12 PM   #13
oldfriend


 
Drives: Fiat 500 E
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 32.7607/N. 16.95947/W
Posts: 7,820
Just tell the sales guy to agree on the price that you feel the deal is worth and he will say yes or no , then he will give you his [best] #$$$$ BS and you turn and give him your phone # and walk away , this guy will call you and ask if you are still in the market , they [most] know that if you leave you would not come back. It's kind a mind's game they want what you have $ and we want the car[other places come to mind ] do have more off what you want and they know that!!!!!
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:21 PM   #14
ron10


 
Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: LOUISVILLE,KY..
Posts: 7,548
in my neck of the woods,you pay msrp if you want the car.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Those with LT's, RESET your check engine light! TAG UR IT Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 107 08-18-2010 01:51 AM
Dealers Bashing Dealers...Why? carguy Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 15 11-18-2009 05:16 PM
DEALER'S ACTUAL COST SS/GA Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 1 11-13-2009 12:46 PM
Craigslist + Post = unhappy Dealers TiE2000 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 75 09-27-2009 05:15 PM
Just so you don't blame all the dealers. jrboyd_1980 Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 11 08-31-2009 07:26 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.