Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > V8 - Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons, Tuning Equipment

V8 - Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons, Tuning Equipment Intake, exhaust, tunes, other bolt-ons for V8 Camaros

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 12:28 PM   #1
StrykersG8
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
FS: ARH headers 1 7/8 /w Highflow cats

Due to family problems I'm selling my Brand new ARH system that I never got to install. Comes with with everything you need to install. Asking $1000 + shipping OBO. I need the headers gone ASAP.

Chris

Last edited by StrykersG8; 06-24-2010 at 11:00 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:52 AM   #2
ssrspanzer

Drives: 2010 ssrs
headers

pm me im very intrested are they coated and are they for a 8 cyl stick? ty joe
Old 06-25-2010, 04:28 PM   #3
TrackZero

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
PM sent
Old 06-25-2010, 04:43 PM   #4
fieldgoal00
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
I already sent him payment for these earlier today
Old 06-25-2010, 06:29 PM   #5
fieldgoal00
Account Suspended

Hey guys,
StrykersG8 posted a thread for some ARH 1 7/8" headers in the for sale section the other day and he was only asking $1000 because he needed the money quick. So I pm'd him throughout the day today and after chatting back and forth I sent him money through paypal for $1000.00. The minute I sent the money to him he stop answering my PM's and I am stuck with no money because paypal will not help me because I sent it as a personal fund so he didn't incur the 3% charge on the money.
My wife also got on here on her name after I paid him and she asked him if they were still for sale and he PM'd her back and said yes they were. This threw up a red flag.
I found he was a member on GRRRR8.NET as well so I checked on there and he is selling stuff on there as well. Well I found one person that bought something from him and they said that they did receive it and his reason for selling him the exhaust he got was because he needed money. He concurred that the guys real name is that same guy that I sent money to and that the guy lived in Arizona. That was another red flag because the guy told me he would be shipping them from Seattle,WA.
However, since I've been searching all day, I've been able to find pictures of other items he was selling on GRRRR8.NET with his screen name in the picture with the items he was selling in the same photobucket account that the picture of the headers was in that he sent me. So I've printed out pictures of his photobucket pictures showing his car and license plate, the items he was selling with his screen name in the pictures and also all the threads he has posted showing the same pictures in them. This way I can link both of the screen names (camaro5 and grrrr8.net) together along with the same photobucket account and with the car in the pictures.
I also found a post where he posted his zip code for shipping purposes, so my wife and I now have his address, phone number and everything we need to know to go to the AZ police and file a police report. I am willing to let it drop if he will just send us our money back.
Anyone fellow Camaro5 members in Arizona wanna help find this guy and get our money back?
Old 06-25-2010, 06:43 PM   #6
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Am I reading this wrong, or did you send him the money then assume fraud on the same day? I saw the point about your wife's screen name, but some types of paypal transfers take 3-5 business days. Maybe he's keeping the sale open until your check clears, so to speak.

Either way, hope it works out for you!
Old 06-25-2010, 06:58 PM   #7
NVMYSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandotron View Post
Am I reading this wrong, or did you send him the money then assume fraud on the same day? I saw the point about your wife's screen name, but some types of paypal transfers take 3-5 business days. Maybe he's keeping the sale open until your check clears, so to speak.

Either way, hope it works out for you!
I am fieldgoal00's wife. After the money was sent he told my husband they would be shipped from Washington, however I had already looked him up and knew that he lives in Arizona. This was a red flag to me so without telling my husband I sent him a message from my screenname asking if they were still for sale and he replied yes and that he had to get rid of them today. I replied with a message asking for his phone number so I could call and talk to him about the headers and it took him forever to reply and when he did he said they were already sold. (He probably figured out that fieldgoal00 and nvmyss are married) I then sent him another message explaining that all of this seems fishy so I asked him to call me. After a few more hours went by and he never replied that's when I threatened to call the police in AZ. As soon as I said that he made all of his pictures on photobucket private (but I had already printed them) and started deleting stuff off of his account on www.grrrr8.net which is another forum website that I found him on and I also tried to contact him there.
I am fully aware that it takes 3-5 days for paypal to transfer the funds however his lack of communication after we questioned why the headers would be shipped from washington is why we are assuming fraud. He knows the money is guaranteed b/c he had us send it through "personal" on paypal. He said this was to avoid the 3% service fee that they charge, but also when you send money that was you can't retract it, cancel it, or dispute it, according to paypal.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:42 PM   #8
GeorgeInNePa
Plastic Cuttin' Badass

Drives: '08 G8GT 6.0
Hi,
I'm a mod at grrrr8.net and I'm trying to figure out if this is the same guy that posts over there, or just a guy with a similar username.

The StrykersG8 from our board has been on there since last year and never advertised Camaro headers for sale and never mentioned a Camaro in his posts, as far as I can tell.

Also, the guy you found that bought something from stryker, was it over here or on grrrr8?
FasterProms Tune, Ported TB/Intake - HSRK - Vararam - SLP 25% UD Pulley - ARH 1 3/4" Longtubes - Pypes Violators - Yank 3200 Converter - PCM4Less Trans Cooler - DashHawk - All Pedders Bushings, Xa Coil-Overs - Spohn Arms - Billet Prototypes Catch Can - Skinnies on GTO rims - ET Streets on F Body Rims - SJM LineLoc - 3.70gears/Harrop TrueTrac
Coming Soon: Ported Heads/Cam/DoD Delete
Old 06-25-2010, 07:54 PM   #9
NVMYSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeInNePa View Post
Hi,
I'm a mod at grrrr8.net and I'm trying to figure out if this is the same guy that posts over there, or just a guy with a similar username.

The StrykersG8 from our board has been on there since last year and never advertised Camaro headers for sale and never mentioned a Camaro in his posts, as far as I can tell.

Also, the guy you found that bought something from stryker, was it over here or on grrrr8?
Yes, it is the same guy. He emailed us pictures of the headers that were in his photobucket album. The same car that is his avatar picture on grrrr8.net is in many of the pictures in his photobucket album. It was also verified by his license plate.
The guy that bought something from him was also on grrrr8.net. The purchase was just last month.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:55 PM   #10
el ess A
formerly "el ess X"

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Notify your credit card company or bank IMMEDIATELY have them put a freeze on any paypal ACH transfers. Or transfer ALL the money out of the account linked to your pay pal but a buck or two. That way you shouldn't be out any money. Unless they've already sent it. Then you're screwed.

Gotta be quicker than he is. Otherwise, good luck.

The red flag should have went up when this guy has 8 posts and it's NOTHING but trying to sell junk.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=139490  3951
Old 06-25-2010, 08:08 PM   #11
GeorgeInNePa
Plastic Cuttin' Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVMYSS View Post
Yes, it is the same guy. He emailed us pictures of the headers that were in his photobucket album. The same car that is his avatar picture on grrrr8.net is in many of the pictures in his photobucket album. It was also verified by his license plate.
The guy that bought something from him was also on grrrr8.net. The purchase was just last month.
I see...
FasterProms Tune, Ported TB/Intake - HSRK - Vararam - SLP 25% UD Pulley - ARH 1 3/4" Longtubes - Pypes Violators - Yank 3200 Converter - PCM4Less Trans Cooler - DashHawk - All Pedders Bushings, Xa Coil-Overs - Spohn Arms - Billet Prototypes Catch Can - Skinnies on GTO rims - ET Streets on F Body Rims - SJM LineLoc - 3.70gears/Harrop TrueTrac
Old 06-25-2010, 08:21 PM   #12
GeorgeInNePa
Plastic Cuttin' Badass

I'll try to PM one of them, but if a Mod or Admin is reading this, if we could share his IP , we'd like to confirm.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:37 PM   #13
racrx451

Drives: 2010 white SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
Notify your credit card company or bank IMMEDIATELY have them put a freeze on any paypal ACH transfers. Or transfer ALL the money out of the account linked to your pay pal but a buck or two. That way you shouldn't be out any money. Unless they've already sent it. Then you're screwed.

Gotta be quicker than he is. Otherwise, good luck.

The red flag should have went up when this guy has 8 posts and it's NOTHING but trying to sell junk.

+1!! if it hasn't cleared your account, tell the bank to freeze it.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:56 PM   #14
GeorgeInNePa
Plastic Cuttin' Badass

The IP matches.

NVMYSS and fieldgoal00, I'll help any way I can, but my info is limited.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:02 PM   #15
fieldgoal00
Account Suspended

can you see where the ip is located if I give you the address we have for him?
Old 06-25-2010, 09:09 PM   #16
GeorgeInNePa
Plastic Cuttin' Badass

Check PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:57 PM   #17
MasterZ

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
please send me his IP via PM as well, as I own www.Z28.com and dont want this tool on my site trying to scam our people as well...

Also just for future reference, in order to help protect our members I have my site setup where a member has to have a minimum of 50 post or 6 months registration before they are allowed to post anything in the classifieds. This may not stop all the scammers but it does deter alot of them. Becuase they are not going to sit around for 6 months or take the time to make 50 post. I do get several complaints about not being able to post items for sale from new members, but most people understand when I explain it to them. What the 50 post does also if they go that route is leave more of a virtual trail of clues that helps if need be.

Scammers usually register and try to make a quick sale and dissappear fast..

If I can help yall in any way let me know... see ya tomorrow..
2010 Victory Red Camaro SS/RS LS3/M6 Car #227
Old 06-25-2010, 11:39 PM   #18
youngmaro

Drives: SIM 2LT/RS
He tried to get me as well! Here's a convo we had through pm's. It didn't copy right but you can get the jist of it

Re: Polished 20's

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngmaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykersG8
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngmaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykersG8
My last question is how do I know you'll send the wheels once you get the money? Don't take it personal but I've never bought anything directly from a forum member before and I'm not exactly sure how this works as far as not getting stiffed. Again, please don't take it personal.

Hey no offense taken. Have you used Paypal before?

Yes, only to buy things from websites.

Ok well when you send the money to my account your under paypal protection. If you don't get the wheels from me then you can file a claim and I would have to show proof of the wheels being shipped. If I can't paypal refunds your money.

I'd only be eligible for that if I bought the wheels from you on ebay though.[/QUOTE]

You can always make a claim through paypal. Once that happens then I need to send them proof from Fedex showing I delieverd items to your address. If I cannot do that then paypal will refund your money.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:31 AM   #19
Camaro-Bob

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Did this ****er get arrested yet ? I believe doing shit across state lines is a felony and could earn you a one way trip to federal pound me in the a$$.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:41 AM   #20
Sevn86

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS ABM
I hope yall catch this idiot! It sucks to see hardworking people get trapped in scams like these...
Dude, you go through cars faster than I go through underware!!
1000 Initial Order 9/14/2009 - Classic Chevy Sugar Land
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 9/15/2009 - NPGV41.
2000 Order accepted by GM: 9/29/2009
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 9/30/2009 - TPW 10/26/09
3100 Sequenced:10/12/09
3300 Scheduled For Production:10/13/09
3400 Broadcast:10/22/09
3800 Produced:10/27/09
4000 Available To Ship:10/28/09
4200 Shipped:10/29/09
5000 Delivered To The Dealer:11/09/09
6000 Delivered To Customer:11/12/09
Old 06-26-2010, 01:08 AM   #21
ssdavidw
Camaro OCD

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS, RS, RJT

Seriously though, crappy situation, hope you guys find some justice. Great to see several sites working together on this.
Attached Images

2010 Camaro - Red Jewel Tintcoat, 2SS, RS, Auto, Black Interior, Cyber Gray Rally Stripes
Old 06-26-2010, 01:18 AM   #22
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk LS3 SS
I bought a phone off ebay once for $115, and the guy never sent it, I was about 15 or 16 at the time, didnt know what to do

Well My sister helped me out, we got all the email correspondences together, and contacted Baton Rouge PD, they have a internet crimes division, showed them all the goods....

They went to his house and arrested him in front of his fiance and 3 kids, he immediately emailed me asking if I still wanted the phone or if I would like my money back, apologizing saying being arrested in front of his family was a rude awakening yada yada

he overnighted me my money the same day

Last edited by Jeanius; 06-26-2010 at 01:50 AM.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:20 AM   #23
GeorgeInNePa
Plastic Cuttin' Badass

The mods at g8boards, where he is a member, have been notified also.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:08 AM   #24
busaboy

Drives: Black RS/SS M6
Doubt it will help but I received 2 unsolicited PM's from this guy Monday. Wanted $1350 and needed money now.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:33 PM   #25
ssrspanzer

Drives: 2010 ssrs
i too almost sent him the money for these.but i tried to knock him on the price a little.he didnt respond after that.i hope to hell you guys make out all right and get your money back .id know id almost drive to ariz just to kick his ars if it was me good luck

Closed Thread