Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Dyno Max
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Old 06-25-2010, 06:13 AM   #1
LostInMoscow
Exiled Speed Junkie

Drives: None
CTS-V 6.2L SC V8 Package

I was reading some old reviews of the initial CTS-V. It seems that they initially had several problems with the 6.2L SC V8 package, including a bunch of problems with sensors and coolers for all the various interconnected systems. Wheel hop and suspension issues also were prevelant. Apparently, all these problems have been worked out.

I wonder if there will be issues with this package if they decide to put it into a Z28, or do you think that GM will apply "lessons learned" with the CTS-V and get everything right from the get go on the Z28?

The CTS-V has magnetic select ride suspension too. I wonder how much that played into the suspension problems and what that means for the Z28. Are they looking at MSR for the Z too? Probably not. Hmmmm.....
Old 06-25-2010, 04:09 PM   #2
SpeedDemon21

Drives: 69' Z/28 Camaro Black on Red
I don't think that will build a car with problems they already know about. That's like calling failure up and asking it on a date.
SpeedDemon21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:58 PM   #3
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInMoscow View Post
I was reading some old reviews of the initial CTS-V. It seems that they initially had several problems with the 6.2L SC V8 package, including a bunch of problems with sensors and coolers for all the various interconnected systems. Wheel hop and suspension issues also were prevelant. Apparently, all these problems have been worked out.

I wonder if there will be issues with this package if they decide to put it into a Z28, or do you think that GM will apply "lessons learned" with the CTS-V and get everything right from the get go on the Z28?

The CTS-V has magnetic select ride suspension too. I wonder how much that played into the suspension problems and what that means for the Z28. Are they looking at MSR for the Z too? Probably not. Hmmmm.....
Are you sure you aren't thinking about the Gen I with the LS6/LS2? Those hopped really bad. I haven't recalled hearing problems with the LSA and GM stated they fixed the rear hop with new axle shafts. They also have the magneto' shocks, too. Maybe I missed something...
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 12:40 AM   #4
Qdiesel

Drives: 2011 Infiniti M56S, '04 Tahoe
I own a V and I have had NONE of those said problems.
Qdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:52 PM   #5
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '09 V8 SRX RWD
Some of the snouts on the superchargers have had problems but i think it is just a noise issue.
other than that the normal GM problems, I've never gotten a problem free GM car, so I factor some trips to the dealer with each new GM purchase.
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 02:28 PM   #6
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
OH YEAH. Wasn't a bad dampener or something. EH. Just upgrage toLingenfelter's kit, LOL.
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 06:33 PM   #7
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '13 ATS 2.0T & '14 Chevrolet SS
Wheel hop was a problem with the original V-Series. It was corrected with non-symetrice half shafts as I recall. The new V has not that I am aware of had any complaints.

Having driven both the original V, the fixed V and the new V, I think the OP is mixing concerns among various cars.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:28 PM   #8
Hoss

Drives: 2004GMC Extended Cab
Qdiesel, how do you like the V and how does it handle? It is the same frame as the Camaro?
Old 06-27-2010, 09:59 PM   #9
Qdiesel

Drives: 2011 Infiniti M56S, '04 Tahoe
I love the V and the damn thing is planted to the road! I've taken on ramps to freeways at near 100mph, lol. The only problems I've had with my V is when you turn the wheel full radius to the right it'll knock like it's hitting something and just a couple of fit and finish issues.
Qdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote