Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Old 06-25-2010, 08:05 PM   #1
fieldgoal00
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
Exclamation Just was scammed for $1000 by a Camaro5 Member

Hey guys,
StrykersG8 posted a thread for some ARH 1 7/8" headers in the for sale section the other day and he was only asking $1000 because he needed the money quick. So I pm'd him throughout the day today and after chatting back and forth I sent him money through paypal for $1000.00. The minute I sent the money to him he stop answering my PM's and I am stuck with no money because paypal will not help me because I sent it as a personal fund so he didn't incur the 3% charge on the money.
My wife also got on here on her name after I paid him and she asked him if they were still for sale and he PM'd her back and said yes they were. This threw up a red flag.
I found he was a member on GRRRR8.NET as well so I checked on there and he is selling stuff on there as well. Well I found one person that bought something from him and they said that they did receive it and his reason for selling him the exhaust he got was because he needed money. He concurred that the guys real name is that same guy that I sent money to and that the guy lived in Arizona. That was another red flag because the guy told me he would be shipping them from Seattle,WA.
However, since I've been searching all day, I've been able to find pictures of other items he was selling on GRRRR8.NET with his screen name in the picture with the items he was selling in the same photobucket account that the picture of the headers was in that he sent me. So I've printed out pictures of his photobucket pictures showing his car and license plate, the items he was selling with his screen name in the pictures and also all the threads he has posted showing the same pictures in them. This way I can link both of the screen names (camaro5 and grrrr8.net) together along with the same photobucket account and with the car in the pictures.
I also found a post where he posted his zip code for shipping purposes, so my wife and I now have his address, phone number and everything we need to know to go to the AZ police and file a police report. I am willing to let it drop if he will just send us our money back.
Anyone fellow Camaro5 members in Arizona wanna help find this guy and get our money back?
fieldgoal00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:23 PM   #2
Shardik2SS
How U Doin?

Drives: #21,644
Wish I could help you out man. I wish you luck in getting this situation resolved. I can't stand a thief!!
Shardik2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:29 PM   #3
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
Sorry to hear about your situation. Some people don't deserve oxygen.

Did Paypal debit a bank account to send him the money? If so, you could file a dispute through your bank and get the money back.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:33 PM   #4
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
How many times in how many Camaro5 forums are you going to post this? I'm sorry you're having to go through this, but one post on the subject is enough, don't you think?
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:38 PM   #5
Shardik2SS
How U Doin?

Drives: #21,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
How many times in how many Camaro5 forums are you going to post this? I'm sorry you're having to go through this, but one post on the subject is enough, don't you think?
I'm assuming he's just trying to ensure people see it. Some people spend more time in certain parts of the forum than others.
Shardik2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:08 PM   #6
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
^

I agree. I only check new posts when I'm on, so I never would have noticed this.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:40 PM   #7
oldfriend

Drives: 2010 SS BLK IO interior
yeah you never know where the scumbags will show up do you?
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:46 PM   #8
Camaro2LTRSMMissouri

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS Sunroof
Did you use your debit card or charge card to complete your paypal transaction? If so contact your bank and report the theft. You'll find the number on the back of the card. Paypal will be pissed off but your debit or charge card trumps paypal.
Camaro2LTRSMMissouri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:54 PM   #9
Camaro2LTRSMMissouri

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS Sunroof
Find the local FBI field office near his house and give them a call on Monday.
Camaro2LTRSMMissouri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:09 PM   #10
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
that dude is committing a federal offence.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:13 PM   #11
gmag21
gmag21

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to gmag21 Send a message via Skype™ to gmag21
What a freakin loser. Seriously????

Wowwwwww

L99 | Billyboat Exhaust, American Racing Headers, Pfadt Springs and Sways, Tune | 350 whp / 371 tq
gmag21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:28 PM   #12
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
You don't need help, you already have the police - let them do their jobs.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:43 PM   #13
jennnchuck

Drives: 2010 yellow 2lt/rs
did you use a credit card or debit card? its very important as to which one was used. if its a credit card either discover or american express call them and they will go thru paypal and remove the payment from his personal account. we had to do this once before for something we paid for. luckily it wasnt on here. if its your debit card call the bank and they will contact paypal and get his personal bank info from them and again withdraw the money from his account. a friend of ours is a lawyer and she advised us of this. it worked for us hope it works for you as well
jennnchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 07:54 PM   #14
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for

Drives: Black SS
Quote:
No.

If someone robbed me of a thousand bucks, darn right I'd be posting more than a few posts in different areas about this.

Better to warn fellow Camaro5 members than post a note and sit passively by and hope everyone on the forum happens upon that one thread.

Old 06-26-2010, 07:59 PM   #15
Silver Ice

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss-rs
Glad he is warning everyone. Cant trust anyone today. Hope you get your money back and the piece of s&*% gets his.
Silver Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:00 PM   #16
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk LS3 SS
Bro, you have his name and address as you stated

Have you gone to the police??
Old 06-26-2010, 08:19 PM   #17
97one

Drives: 1LT RS w/polished 19"rims
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravirn View Post
No.

If someone robbed me of a thousand bucks, darn right I'd be posting more than a few posts in different areas about this.
Better to warn fellow Camaro5 members than post a note and sit passively by and hope everyone on the forum happens upon that one thread.

Old 06-27-2010, 01:57 PM   #18
SS 376

Drives: IBM 1SS
Quote:
Like the 2011 5.0?

I 100% think OP is doing the right thing warning as many people as possible about this scammer. Getting scammed for $1000 is a serious issue.

I also think we need MUCH stronger rules for member classifieds like say a minimum of 6 months membership and 50+ posts. LS1tech has this. There's no way in the world a guy should be able to join C5 2 days ago, make 8 posts and then be able to post a classified for $1000 headers. We make vendors pay to advertise here, I guess to protect us from scammers, then let any Joe Blow off the street sell whatever in the member classifieds?
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 05:31 PM   #19
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
feildgoal00, PM the mods. Espec. Tran on this one. They can keep him off of here so others don't get scammed. That will protect the rest of us from him. Sure, he can create a new account, but I doubt it would do him much good. I'll buy from a vendor here (some things anyway) but if I buy from a member it will have to be someone who has been active for a while. Ya, I know it's not fullproof, but it can help.

I hate a M-Fer who does *hit like this. I try to give as much disclosure and go out of my way to make sure the member knows what they are gitting. I actually dropped a wheel on it's face the morning I was shipping them to a member. (Dog knocked it over as I was taking final pics ) but I made damn sure the member knew about it befor I shipped. I felt like crap.

So feildgoal00, thank you for letting us know, but make sure you send this to the mods and Tran.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:37 PM   #20
PQ

Holy chit.

Just realised. I had though about getting those.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:13 PM   #21
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
feildgoal00, PM the mods. Espec. Tran on this one. They can keep him off of here so others don't get scammed. That will protect the rest of us from him. Sure, he can create a new account, but I doubt it would do him much good. I'll buy from a vendor here (some things anyway) but if I buy from a member it will have to be someone who has been active for a while. Ya, I know it's not fullproof, but it can help.

I hate a M-Fer who does *hit like this. I try to give as much disclosure and go out of my way to make sure the member knows what they are gitting. I actually dropped a wheel on it's face the morning I was shipping them to a member. (Dog knocked it over as I was taking final pics ) but I made damn sure the member knew about it befor I shipped. I felt like crap.

So feildgoal00, thank you for letting us know, but make sure you send this to the mods and Tran.
We were working on this as soon as we found out, but Tag is waiting to get a PM back from him. Not much he/we can do fieldgoal doesn't answer his PM's.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:33 PM   #22
PQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
We were working on this as soon as we found out, but Tag is waiting to get a PM back from him. Not much he/we can do fieldgoal doesn't answer his PM's.
Cool.

My response was basically in support of his efforts to make sure eveyone knew what was happening and his concerns that everyone is safe.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:51 PM   #23
Epitaph
Custom User Title

Drives: Fast
Got is Address? If so, post it everywhere. Just make sure it's ok with the mods.
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:47 AM   #24
kryptonian
awsome!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
that sucks bro, hope you get your $$$ back. and i only do transactions in person.
kryptonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:13 AM   #25
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2001 Maxima
He was suspended.