Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Old 06-26-2010, 01:57 AM   #1
zerox

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Bumblebee
Interesting Story and night I had

Ok this is a tad long but bear with me, I just proved my theory that the 5th gen camaro draws good and bad attention. So I was driving around at about 11:30pm and a semi blew a light and could have nailed me if I didn't speed up. The lights were down, so it was a 4 way stop by the law. I stopped and proceeded to go, semi on my right is slowing down but not stopping. F**k this! Step on the gas and flew by him, had lots of room to get by but still, scared me a little. He was turning and did slow down for his left hand turn but still, he never stopped and it kinda freaked me out.

Not even 2 mins after that little incident, I drive down a long road not even a mile away from the intersection with the semi. I notice there is about 5 kids on my side of the road walking in my lane. WTF MOVE! They kept going in my lane. I very slowly, and kindly moved into the other lane and one of the doucebags bent down doing the "what what" gesture as I drove. "Clown" I said to myself as I seen him again do that gesture in my rear view mirror. I continued driving and did a loop around because I wanted to clear my head of my previous scare with the semi. I was a tad shaken up. I kept thinking how my camaro would have been written off. Anyways, while I did the loop around, that ass was still walking with his friends, to my surprise he is about a mile down the road this time,however with just one friend not the other 3. So I drove by normally, sure as hell he flips me off. Angrily I cursed in my camaro and thought about turning around and driving by again to see what the f his problem was. As I get back to the same intersection where mr semi was, I see his other 2 buddies, HOWEVER these 2 kindly waved and smiled. Guess their idiotic friend is jealous of my car. I decided to park my camaro and head home.I take my jeep home down that road to see if this idiot would recognize me and see what he would do. Sure as hell I seen him a third time (by this time he had to have walked almost 3 miles because this was a straight road from one end of town to the other) Guy never even paid any attention to my jeep and continued walking with his friend like I wasn't there. This guy was wearing bright blue shorts and had no shirt on. So I laughed and said in my head "this car really does get noticed no matter the person" His other friends seemed to like it. but not him (Must be a FORD guy)

Now this is where it gets good and thankfully over

Seen his other friends about 2 miles down from where he was, again I am not in my camaro, again the same guy who waved at my camaro waved at me, he was carrying a broom by the way I'm thinking wtf are these guys doing as I was heading home. I went down a grid road to take a shortcut home and what do you know, the nice guys are there waving for me to stop so I did. They thought I was someone else who drove a similar jeep. They were drunk I could tell that much (school just finished for the highschool kids) but very nice nonetheless. They were lighting the broom on fire and walking around the road. No idea why, they also said "please don't tell anyone" I laughed and said no problem, as I drive away they are waving this burning broom like the olympic torch down a residential street . Quite the night

Last edited by zerox; 06-26-2010 at 02:23 AM.
zerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 02:03 AM   #2
Gunmetal

Drives: Cyber Grey 1SS/RS w/Body Kit
First off: HUH?

Second: Why would you keep going back? Change vehicle and go back again? Are you Batman? Or a night Vigilante? You lost me at interesting? Just messing with you man, I am really confused still, but just glad nothing happened to you or your Car.

Didint know it was so rough on the street of Saskatchewan.
Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 02:07 AM   #3
fusion

Drives: red
Like fantastic movie.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:09 AM   #4
zerox

Yeah I typed that really fast, basically I was cruising around my area clearing my head after my little scare. And got a arrogant kid trying to act solid in front of his friends. I ran into him twice without any intention of doing so. Again he was provoking me, his friends weren't as they waved at me. I keep my camaro in a garage near my home not at my actual house and my jeep was parked in the camaros home. As I took the road home I wanted to see if that guy would flip me off again as he seemed to enjoy taunting me in the camaro. And at the end of the night I ran into his friends in my jeep who were very nice. I never said I was in the camaro earlier so they didn't know me.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:12 AM   #5
Shardik2SS
How U Doin?

Drives: #21,644
Nice read.

Ass clown kids.
Shardik2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 02:16 AM   #6
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Interesting story. Words of the wise though. Never go back to someone. Chances are if they are Dix the first time they will be bigger Dix the next. Only they might also do harm to your car or worse you. Kids. Some times I wonder what their futures hold.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 02:29 AM   #7
zerox

I was just really mad because I almost got hit not even a minute before that. I also did not provoke them either. Like reviing and swerving at them. I just drove normally. I could tell they were just high school kids because they looked pretty young. One jealous of the bunch I suppose. And for the record I wouldn't have got out of my car, had he actually done something like thrown something at me I would have called the cops

Totally off topic but some guys like that amaze me. Could you imagine if someone in Detroit did this? What would happen is someone pissed off the wrong guy. What if you had some gangbanger in the car and he went back and actually ran the guy down? Im sure it's happened more then once.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:42 AM   #8
Shardik2SS
How U Doin?

Drives: #21,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerox View Post
I was just really mad because I almost got hit not even a minute before that. I also did not provoke them either. Like reviing and swerving at them. I just drove normally. I could tell they were just high school kids because they looked pretty young. One jealous of the bunch I suppose. And for the record I wouldn't have got out of my car, had he actually done something like thrown something at me I would have called the cops

Totally off topic but some guys like that amaze me. Could you imagine if someone in Detroit did this? What would happen is someone pissed off the wrong guy. What if you had some gangbanger in the car and he went back and actually ran the guy down? Im sure it's happened more then once.
Good point. What if these kids found the "wrong" guy to mess with? You could have been some gang banger or some short fused asshole and it could have ended much different for them. People don't think. PERIOD! I see that crap all the time here in Cali. Thugs to wanna be thugs always acting hard and trying to impress their friends.
Shardik2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 03:56 AM   #9
Kycamaross
RED JEWEL inthe BLUEGRASS

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS, 01 S-10 Xtreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
Interesting story. Words of the wise though. Never go back to someone. Chances are if they are Dix the first time they will be bigger Dix the next. Only they might also do harm to your car or worse you. Kids. Some times I wonder what their futures hold.

Their future will be our future. It absolutely scares the hell out of me to think that these undisciplined, irresponsible, self-centered kids are our future. Doesn't give you much hope in humanity
Kycamaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 04:30 AM   #10
zerox

Things have gotten so much worse since I was a kid and that is not even that long ago. I hate my city and it's not even a large population, I just am amazed how the new generation of kids are. Trouble makers and shit starters, I just don't see how doing something like that makes them feel good about themselves. As I said before, the situation could have easily turned much much more worse. Not saying I would ever do this, but what would he have done if I would have done a vicious U turn and floored it right at him, in under 5 seconds I would have that car over 100k and he wouldn't even of had a chance to move. I remember when I was like 11 I was walking with my friend to the mall and some greasy guy in a old beater gave us a glare, we both flipped him off and he slammed on his brakes and began turning around, we cut straight through some yards and ran for a few mins scared shitless. I learned that lesson. Im the nicest most easy going guy around and that doesn't account for nothing anymore. Being friendly nowadays seems pointless when most people are jealous and miserable. At least his two friends were pretty cool.

It's all about when I see a nice car I wave or thumbs up, If I don't like it I just don't do anything. Different pokes for different folks
Old 06-26-2010, 06:55 AM   #11
67 Convertible

Drives: 67 Camaro Convertible
Wow, you sure have alot of time on your hands. I drive by kids walking down the street all the time. Even if they acted like asses, I would never waste my time doing another drive by, switch vehicles and do another drive by? Who cares what they're doing or not doing?
1100 - 4/28/09
2000 - 5/01/09
2500 - 5/05/09
3000 - 5/05/09
3300 - 5/30/09
3400 - 6/05/09
3800 - 6/18/09
4000 - 6/18/09
4B00 - 6/18/09
4200 - 6/22/09
5000 - 7/01/09
6000 - 7/01/09 It's Home!!
0000 - 7/14/11 Traded in with 24,000 miles. Currently 5th Gen less
67 Convertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 02:53 PM   #12
zerox

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 Convertible View Post
Wow, you sure have alot of time on your hands. I drive by kids walking down the street all the time. Even if they acted like asses, I would never waste my time doing another drive by, switch vehicles and do another drive by? Who cares what they're doing or not doing?
Hmm not sure if you read the full story, I happened to run into them twice without the intention of doing so. The road they were walking down is the same road that leads me to my storage shed. I did a loop around to just cruise and sure enough I met them the second time. At that point I was tired and went and parked the camaro. Drove home and that was that. The whole point of the story was my jeep never got any attention whatsoever, while the camaro did both times. Thats all I was pretty much trying to say
Old 06-26-2010, 03:06 PM   #13
67 Convertible

Drives: 67 Camaro Convertible
I understand now. Thanks.
1100 - 4/28/09
2000 - 5/01/09
2500 - 5/05/09
3000 - 5/05/09
3300 - 5/30/09
3400 - 6/05/09
3800 - 6/18/09
4000 - 6/18/09
4B00 - 6/18/09
4200 - 6/22/09
5000 - 7/01/09
6000 - 7/01/09 It's Home!!
0000 - 7/14/11 Traded in with 24,000 miles. Currently 5th Gen less
67 Convertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 03:59 PM   #14
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Cool story bro!

That was very intersting indeed!
Old 06-26-2010, 04:22 PM   #15
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
maybe it was some kind of Soccer celebration.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:41 PM   #16
zerox

haha who knows
Old 06-26-2010, 04:42 PM   #17
68/2010
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kycamaross View Post
Their future will be our future. It absolutely scares the hell out of me to think that these undisciplined, irresponsible, self-centered kids are our future. Doesn't give you much hope in humanity

Old 06-28-2010, 09:45 AM   #18
wylde1
I am the Stig

Drives: Black w/ IOM stripe 1SS
Haha i get a kick out of high school tough guys. Even when I was IN high school I used to just laugh at them. They don't realize that someday... they're gonna do that to someone who's not going to ignore it and that's gonna be a rough lesson.

We tend to have our band practices/jam sessions late at night and usually end up going to Mcdonalds or something after. 80% of the time there's a group of 16-17 year olds in there trying to act tough haha you can almost set your watch by it. last weekend it was just 3 of us instead of the usual 5 and there was probably 10 kids sitting there being loud and obnoxious. We were actually sitting down before they came in, and they were all swaggering in and 2 on the end just sat down and stared at us for about 5 minutes. I usually try to ignore them but I ended up glancing over at them and one of them goes "What the F**K are you looking at?!"..... well I couldn't resist. I stood up and didn't say a word. I don't think they realized the situation haha. I am 6' 200 lbs, our other guitar player is 6'6" 200+ and our singer is about the same size as me. and we all have death metal t-shirts on haha When I stood up, they both stood up haha. You could see the look on the kids face just totally change. I locked eyes with this kid and walked over and took one of his fries and stood there and ate it haha They never said a word and we just left. We tried to look all serious on our way out but as soon as we all got out the door we just burst out laughing and laughed all the way home haha
Old 06-28-2010, 10:10 AM   #19
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2001 Maxima
Probably gang members.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:17 AM   #20
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
I decided to park my camaro and head home.I take my jeep home :
I don't understand.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:24 AM   #21
Chrisrp454

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS M6, 98Z28 M6
Wait are Canadians burning everything up there in protest?

Ordered 5/23/2009
3400 with TPW of 08/03/09
3800 8/11/2009
Arrived 8/21/2009 2SS/RS/Aqua Blue/Grey Interior
Chrisrp454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:10 PM   #22
zerox

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
I don't understand.
Whoops, parked my car in it's storage shed, and took my jeep out and headed home
Old 06-28-2010, 03:11 PM   #23
zerox

Quote:
Originally Posted by wylde1 View Post
Haha i get a kick out of high school tough guys. Even when I was IN high school I used to just laugh at them. They don't realize that someday... they're gonna do that to someone who's not going to ignore it and that's gonna be a rough lesson.

We tend to have our band practices/jam sessions late at night and usually end up going to Mcdonalds or something after. 80% of the time there's a group of 16-17 year olds in there trying to act tough haha you can almost set your watch by it. last weekend it was just 3 of us instead of the usual 5 and there was probably 10 kids sitting there being loud and obnoxious. We were actually sitting down before they came in, and they were all swaggering in and 2 on the end just sat down and stared at us for about 5 minutes. I usually try to ignore them but I ended up glancing over at them and one of them goes "What the F**K are you looking at?!"..... well I couldn't resist. I stood up and didn't say a word. I don't think they realized the situation haha. I am 6' 200 lbs, our other guitar player is 6'6" 200+ and our singer is about the same size as me. and we all have death metal t-shirts on haha When I stood up, they both stood up haha. You could see the look on the kids face just totally change. I locked eyes with this kid and walked over and took one of his fries and stood there and ate it haha They never said a word and we just left. We tried to look all serious on our way out but as soon as we all got out the door we just burst out laughing and laughed all the way home haha
That made my day steals one of his fries
Old 06-28-2010, 03:51 PM   #24
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Whoops, parked my car in it's storage shed, and took my jeep out and headed home
Ahhh, okay.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:17 PM   #25
wylde1
I am the Stig

Drives: Black w/ IOM stripe 1SS
Quote:
That made my day steals one of his fries

haha yep the whole time I'm thinking to myself " I can't believe he's letting met take one and eat it right in front of him"

I just kept a straight face (which was difficult) and keep lookin' him right square in the eye and everything was quiet and no-one said a thing. he probably told a story at school the next day about how he and his boys beat the crap out of these dudes in Mcdonalds haha

I don't generally pick fights, nor do I advocate beating up someone who quite obviously doesn't stand a chance. I had no intentions of really hurting the guy, I just wanted to try and scare him a bit haha. And I knew the second I stood up and the color of his face changed nothing was gonna go down but it definitely made my night