Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Flowmaster Exhaust
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Suspension / Chassis / Brakes

Suspension / Chassis / Brakes Suspension, chassis, and brake components

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 10-20-2011, 05:17 PM   #276
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
The weekend is almost here! Be sure to place your order now to beat the weekend shipping lull. As one of Pfadt's biggest distributors, APEX Motorsports keeps a substantial inventory on our shelves and ready for same day shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain McFunk View Post
Hey guys, I just bought my Pfadt drop springs from Chase at Apex. They are awesome. The instructions are some of the best I've seen yet. Awesome product, no squeeks, and the perfect drop.

Adam
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBOSS View Post
Chase I am truly impressed! Ordered my Pfadt drop springs Sunday night and got them early Wednesday morning! A truly unexpected delivery which made my day!

Now to find a time to throw them on!

Thanks again, I am VERY impressed!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakestang65 View Post
First off, many thanks to Chase at Apex! I ordered a set of the Pfadt springs from Apex and they were out for delivery that same day! They came in yesterday evening. The install was not difficult, the 2 most time consuming events of the install was getting the car off the ground and removing the sway bar end links. Goofing around (taking my time) I had the entire job done including cleanup in about 3.5 hours... Took the car in this morning for an alignment and just got back from the test drive...

I cannot say enough good things about the way the car handles now!! I wish I would have done this months ago! The ride is not quite as compliant as prior, but it is not rough by any means. Just a bit firmer... The car does not feel quite as heavy as it did with the stock springs. Cornering is nice and flat. I cannot say enough good stuff about the engineering that Pfadt has put into these springs! The drop height and ride is perfect.

Many thanks again to Chase and Victoria at Apex!

Pfadt, you have a great product!

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by khislop007 View Post
Got my Pfadt lowering springs thanks to Chase @ Apex Motorsports. Did a self-install yesterday and was pretty easy. Any body can do it as long as you have a T50 torx wrench.....had to run into work to pick one up

Now the car handles like how it should.....feels like as if it were on rails and I don't know if its me or not, but I think it has a better ride quality than the stock suspension.....no bounce or pounding at all!!! I'd recommend these to anybody looking a good set of lowering springs....Pfadt nailed it on this one!!
khislop007's Camaro BEFORE Pfadt lowering springs:

khislop007's Camaro AFTER Pfadt lowering springs:

Old 10-24-2011, 05:40 AM   #277
Apex Motorsports

Thank you for an outstanding weekend Camaro5. They will ship today. As one of Pfadt's biggest distributors, APEX Motorsports keeps a substantial inventory on our shelves and ready for same day shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain McFunk View Post
Hey guys, I just bought my Pfadt drop springs from Chase at Apex. They are awesome. The instructions are some of the best I've seen yet. Awesome product, no squeeks, and the perfect drop.

Adam
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBOSS View Post
Chase I am truly impressed! Ordered my Pfadt drop springs Sunday night and got them early Wednesday morning! A truly unexpected delivery which made my day!

Now to find a time to throw them on!

Thanks again, I am VERY impressed!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakestang65 View Post
First off, many thanks to Chase at Apex! I ordered a set of the Pfadt springs from Apex and they were out for delivery that same day! They came in yesterday evening. The install was not difficult, the 2 most time consuming events of the install was getting the car off the ground and removing the sway bar end links. Goofing around (taking my time) I had the entire job done including cleanup in about 3.5 hours... Took the car in this morning for an alignment and just got back from the test drive...

I cannot say enough good things about the way the car handles now!! I wish I would have done this months ago! The ride is not quite as compliant as prior, but it is not rough by any means. Just a bit firmer... The car does not feel quite as heavy as it did with the stock springs. Cornering is nice and flat. I cannot say enough good stuff about the engineering that Pfadt has put into these springs! The drop height and ride is perfect.

Many thanks again to Chase and Victoria at Apex!

Pfadt, you have a great product!

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by khislop007 View Post
Got my Pfadt lowering springs thanks to Chase @ Apex Motorsports. Did a self-install yesterday and was pretty easy. Any body can do it as long as you have a T50 torx wrench.....had to run into work to pick one up

Now the car handles like how it should.....feels like as if it were on rails and I don't know if its me or not, but I think it has a better ride quality than the stock suspension.....no bounce or pounding at all!!! I'd recommend these to anybody looking a good set of lowering springs....Pfadt nailed it on this one!!
khislop007's Camaro BEFORE Pfadt lowering springs:

khislop007's Camaro AFTER Pfadt lowering springs:

Old 11-12-2011, 04:03 PM   #278
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonUY793 View Post
Nice stance!

Thank you for your weekend orders Camaro5.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:09 AM   #279
Apex Motorsports

Thank you for your weekend orders Camaro5!

Old 12-18-2011, 04:50 PM   #280
bigwayne3000

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
First off, I've been thinking of doing a drop for awhile and thought it'd be rather expensive and than I found this thread and honestly cant believe its $300 SHIPPED for these. What a great deal and once I get the cash Ill be sure to purchase these from you guys. Quick question though, do people do just a front drop and leave the rear as is? In my head I wonder if it would work as the look of a higher rear end and lower front end to me would look good. I just dont know if anyones done it or if its recommended. Also, how hard are these to install yourself?
bigwayne3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 04:54 PM   #281
bigwayne3000

Oh and another question, what do the sway bars actually do? It is recommended to do sways and the drop at same time or is acceptable to do them at different stages?
Old 12-18-2011, 05:16 PM   #282
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwayne3000 View Post
First off, I've been thinking of doing a drop for awhile and thought it'd be rather expensive and than I found this thread and honestly cant believe its $300 SHIPPED for these. What a great deal and once I get the cash Ill be sure to purchase these from you guys. Quick question though, do people do just a front drop and leave the rear as is? In my head I wonder if it would work as the look of a higher rear end and lower front end to me would look good. I just dont know if anyones done it or if its recommended. Also, how hard are these to install yourself?
A set of lowering springs is all you need. I do not recommend lowering just the front. Doing so would alter the balance of the car and have a negative impact on the car's handling. The install isn't bad. Here is a link to the instructions.

Camaro Drop Springs

Quote:
Oh and another question, what do the sway bars actually do? It is recommended to do sways and the drop at same time or is acceptable to do them at different stages?
Sway bars torsion springs that connect the left and right sides of your suspension and resist body roll. They are one of the biggest bang for your buck mods for these cars. There is not reason they have to be done at the same time as lowering springs.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:29 PM   #283
bigwayne3000

Thanks for the quick response. Just a follow up question or 2. Can you price me for a split drop on these if thats possible? Also, is the difference between the front/rear THAT noticeable or would I and other "car" people be the only ones whod even notice it?
Old 12-18-2011, 05:34 PM   #284
bigwayne3000

1 last quesiton, do I need to or is it generally a good idea to change out the shocks along with these springs or does it not matter?
Old 12-19-2011, 05:27 AM   #285
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Thanks for the quick response. Just a follow up question or 2. Can you price me for a split drop on these if thats possible? Also, is the difference between the front/rear THAT noticeable or would I and other "car" people be the only ones whod even notice it?
Pfadt does not offer a "split" drop or even separate front and rear springs. You would have to look at BMR springs which will run $249.99 shipped. Your car would have a slight rake but most folks, even Camaro enthusiasts, would have to have it pointed out.

Quote:
1 last quesiton, do I need to or is it generally a good idea to change out the shocks along with these springs or does it not matter?
No. You do not need to replace the shocks. Pfadt springs are actually designed to work with your stock ones.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:31 AM   #286
Apex Motorsports

The weekend is almost here! Be sure to place your orders soon.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:11 PM   #287
SLO RYDE
SLO RYDE

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS 400hp+ / K&N CAI./
Just got mine installed the 23rd, in time for Christmas to myself.
I was alittle worried my 305 would not fit in the rear; however they did. The car looks and handles great. Awesome service from APEX Motorsports. I am happy and now I need to save for sways.
Attached Images

2011 2SS/RS IOM. / K&N CAI./ V Max Throtle Body / Pypes Headers & Pype Bomb exhaust. / Texas Speed 231/236 112 Ls3 cam/ RX Catch Can/ SLP Under Drive Pulley/ American Racing Torque M Wheels painted. / CBD Rear Wing, SunCoast Creations Bumbble Bee Hood, Heritage Grill/ SLP "SS" Badges and tuned by "TampaTuning.com" & Next Level Performance
SLO RYDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 01:36 PM   #288
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO RYDE View Post
Just got mine installed the 23rd, in time for Christmas to myself.
I was alittle worried my 305 would not fit in the rear; however they did. The car looks and handles great. Awesome service from APEX Motorsports. I am happy and now I need to save for sways.
Thank you for your business and the feedback. Your car looks great!
Old 12-31-2011, 07:51 PM   #289
Apex Motorsports

Happy New Years Camaro5!!!

Old 01-01-2012, 07:35 PM   #290
SoCal Swagger

Drives: RS
Do these work on the v6?
SoCal Swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:49 AM   #291
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Swagger View Post
Do these work on the v6?
PM sent.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:24 AM   #292
FootHawks

Drives: 2010 Camaro Synergy Green
Was actually wondering the same thing, if they work on a v6?

Thanks
Old 01-03-2012, 05:31 PM   #293
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootHawks View Post
Was actually wondering the same thing, if they work on a v6?

Thanks
Over the course of late MY2010 and MY2011 GM made a series of changes to the rear suspension on the V6 Camaro. These changes created about a half dozen different variations with no real way to determine which version a particular car has and therefore made it impossible for spring manufacturers to offer a blanket V6 Camaro lowering spring. To my knowledge everyone has pulled there V6 springs from the market and should you find a set you need to be very cautious. The only surefire options are coil overs or swapping your rear shocks for SS rear shocks (GM part #22737724) and running SS lowering springs.

If you have any questions feel free to hit me up.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:14 PM   #294
Apex Motorsports

It is HUMP day! Be sure to place your orders before the weekend.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:50 PM   #295
Black1SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS 6 Speed
What is the best you can do shipped to 29203
Thanks
Black1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:35 AM   #296
Apex Motorsports

Thank you for your weekend and Monday orders Camaro5.

Old 02-06-2012, 01:13 PM   #297
njdad61

Drives: '12 45th Ann. 2SS Coupe, '79 Z28
Will these work with the upgraded suspension on the 2012 SS?
CFM Painted Heritage Grille, JRE Custom Tune, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Doug Thorley LT Headers w/ Catless Midpipes, Borla S-Type Catback, RotoFab CAI, ADM Race Scoop, ADM W/W Reservoir Relocation Kit, MGW Short Throw Shifter, BMR Split Drop Springs(1/4" front/1" rear), BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Toe Rods, 6000k HID Bulbs, AAC P13W Plasma LED DRLs, AAC ABL Interior Lighting Kit (Dome/Footwells/Trunk), RPI Designs Charcoal Sidemarker Covers
njdad61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:50 PM   #298
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdad61 View Post
Will these work with the upgraded suspension on the 2012 SS?
Yes.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:33 PM   #299
Apex Motorsports

Thank you for your weekend and Monday orders Camaro5.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:30 AM   #300
Apex Motorsports

Tags
apex, pfadt, springs, suspension