Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Forced Induction - V6 V6 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2010, 02:24 PM   #601
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Madness View Post
Is that how you get a COTW? I never though to start a build thread. I have one last major piece to mount, my front facia, then the car will look really sharp. Too be honest, I stopped looking at the COTW long ago as it seemed like same cars over and over. I'd vote for Gretchen once it actually runs..... oh the anticipation is killing me!
You think it's killing you...

Yours looks cooler than mine. However, watch out for phase 2 (suspension and appearance modes here I come).

Try to post something in the journal section over the holiday weekend and we can all vote for it. Then we can but the mods to get them to make it the COTW for 12/5/2010. That would be ..I think the first V6!
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:49 PM   #602
Edge.128

 
Edge.128's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,067
i think both of you should get it. Z for starting this whole thing and Gretchen for the twin setup. good work both of you so mods wherever you are make it happen!!
__________________
2010 Summit White Camaro LS / M6
MRT V2.0

Edge.128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:25 AM   #603
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture
 
stand-al0ne's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jamlando, FL
Posts: 1,093
I'm ready to see two build threads from Z and Gretchen with lots of pics!!!
__________________
EBC Brakes| DOT 4|Bigworm| SickSpeed| BMR | IPF | Vararam| MRT |MGW | Nitto | Rx |
Iggee |ZL-1 Sways| Hurst | Apex Racing|Past: Srt-4| 6.0L GTO- RIP | '98 Integra

stand-al0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:31 PM   #604
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by stand-al0ne View Post
I'm ready to see two build threads from Z and Gretchen with lots of pics!!!
This is pretty much Z's build thread. If we can tear him away from the sun and surf maybe he'll start a journal with all this pics.

Mine is at http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112151
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:07 PM   #605
Z Madness
 
Z Madness's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010, 2000, 1971 Camaros
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 532
Sorry guys, I was out of touch over the weekend. I'll try to take some recent pics and post up.
Z Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:18 PM   #606
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Madness View Post
Sorry guys, I was out of touch over the weekend. I'll try to take some recent pics and post up.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'd be "out of touch" too with all the bikinis running around.
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:17 PM   #607
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture
 
stand-al0ne's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jamlando, FL
Posts: 1,093
Z, how have things been??

Looks like this thread died down a bit. Anything new on the Camaro?

All the best,
__________________
EBC Brakes| DOT 4|Bigworm| SickSpeed| BMR | IPF | Vararam| MRT |MGW | Nitto | Rx |
Iggee |ZL-1 Sways| Hurst | Apex Racing|Past: Srt-4| 6.0L GTO- RIP | '98 Integra

stand-al0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:43 PM   #608
unrestrictedmotorsports
 
unrestrictedmotorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Comp 6 Turbo
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 307
Took the Comp 6 out onto the road coarse this weekend with NASA. All I have to say is wow! I was alittle concerned on the way the boost goes in and out when you let go of the gas pedal and unloading the car going into the turn. Did not have any issues at all with it. I will say that I can wait to put the catch can in since I did smell a little oil burning but its was not smoking or anything so I know the catch can will help lose the oil smell.

A bunch of guys at the track were asking all bunch of questions like, "is that a supercharger on your car?" to " Man that thing screems on the track and sounds awesome."

Next time boost controller installed with pushing the boost level to 7 psi.
unrestrictedmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:53 PM   #609
Alrighty Then
 
Alrighty Then's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 V6 M6 Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 72
Unrestrictedmotorsports, at one time I found your build thread for the Comp 6, now I can't find it anymore, but if its not too much trouble i bet everyone (I know I would) would like to see some video of this thing in action. So far the only real film I've seen of the STS V6 turbo system comes courtesy of Z Madness--which was pretty sweet.
Alrighty Then is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:33 PM   #610
Demon Hunter
 
Demon Hunter's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LT
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrighty Then View Post
Unrestrictedmotorsports, at one time I found your build thread for the Comp 6, now I can't find it anymore, but if its not too much trouble i bet everyone (I know I would) would like to see some video of this thing in action. So far the only real film I've seen of the STS V6 turbo system comes courtesy of Z Madness--which was pretty sweet.
__________________
Demon Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 03:13 PM   #611
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture
 
stand-al0ne's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jamlando, FL
Posts: 1,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by unrestrictedmotorsports View Post
Took the Comp 6 out onto the road coarse this weekend with NASA. All I have to say is wow! I was alittle concerned on the way the boost goes in and out when you let go of the gas pedal and unloading the car going into the turn. Did not have any issues at all with it. I will say that I can wait to put the catch can in since I did smell a little oil burning but its was not smoking or anything so I know the catch can will help lose the oil smell.

A bunch of guys at the track were asking all bunch of questions like, "is that a supercharger on your car?" to " Man that thing screems on the track and sounds awesome."

Next time boost controller installed with pushing the boost level to 7 psi.

You running the STS rear mount kit or what turbo set up do you have?
__________________
EBC Brakes| DOT 4|Bigworm| SickSpeed| BMR | IPF | Vararam| MRT |MGW | Nitto | Rx |
Iggee |ZL-1 Sways| Hurst | Apex Racing|Past: Srt-4| 6.0L GTO- RIP | '98 Integra

stand-al0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:19 PM   #612
Demon Hunter
 
Demon Hunter's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LT
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by stand-al0ne View Post
You running the STS rear mount kit or what turbo set up do you have?
I'm pretty sure he's running the STS kit.
__________________
Demon Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:50 PM   #613
Z Madness
 
Z Madness's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010, 2000, 1971 Camaros
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 532
Yes, UM is running the STS kit. They did a nice job ceramic coating all of their piping (saw the awesome Comp6 at SEMA). I haven't been active as I was really busy the past few months with a RallyX build as we just opened an off-road track here on Oahu. I did take the 2010 V-6 out on the Autocross and I'm trying to get a vid to post. Also, I have the catch can in from RX so I'll probably get it on this month then head to the Dyno for an updated number on around 7-8 psi. boost. Will post vids then. Will also try to get other vids.

And by the way (to Unrestricted Motorsports), the Camaro is scheduled to be in the body shop from tomorrow getting the front end installed/painted/meshed. I'm trying to finalize the stripe that I want, single or double. Will post pics when done. Will also try to post a thread on the new Camaro V-6 site.

Aloha!
Z Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:58 PM   #614
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Madness View Post
Yes, UM is running the STS kit. They did a nice job ceramic coating all of their piping (saw the awesome Comp6 at SEMA). I haven't been active as I was really busy the past few months with a RallyX build as we just opened an off-road track here on Oahu. I did take the 2010 V-6 out on the Autocross and I'm trying to get a vid to post. Also, I have the catch can in from RX so I'll probably get it on this month then head to the Dyno for an updated number on around 7-8 psi. boost. Will post vids then. Will also try to get other vids.

And by the way (to Unrestricted Motorsports), the Camaro is scheduled to be in the body shop from tomorrow getting the front end installed/painted/meshed. I'm trying to finalize the stripe that I want, single or double. Will post pics when done. Will also try to post a thread on the new Camaro V-6 site.

Aloha!
Great news Z! We are all waiting to hear your results.
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:17 PM   #615
Alrighty Then
 
Alrighty Then's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 V6 M6 Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 72
New Camaro V6 site...? Is there a sweet website I don't know about yet?
Alrighty Then is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:39 AM   #616
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101
 
rtcat600man's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Clarkston, Michigan
Posts: 8,138
Just started yesterday, many of the V6 guys are jumping over there to have a V6 only place of our own. Come join the party. I plan to attend both parties. I like this one to much, no sense leaving it.

http://www.*************/
__________________
rtcat600man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:55 PM   #617
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture
 
stand-al0ne's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jamlando, FL
Posts: 1,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
Just started yesterday, many of the V6 guys are jumping over there to have a V6 only place of our own. Come join the party. I plan to attend both parties. I like this one to much, no sense leaving it.

http://www.*************/

I was approached about the site as well. I'll sign up, but plan to spend most of my time here as there is alot already established.

Z, you rock. I'm anxious to see your vid. Also, what did you build up for the rally track??
__________________
EBC Brakes| DOT 4|Bigworm| SickSpeed| BMR | IPF | Vararam| MRT |MGW | Nitto | Rx |
Iggee |ZL-1 Sways| Hurst | Apex Racing|Past: Srt-4| 6.0L GTO- RIP | '98 Integra

stand-al0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:21 PM   #618
Z Madness
 
Z Madness's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010, 2000, 1971 Camaros
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by stand-al0ne View Post
I was approached about the site as well. I'll sign up, but plan to spend most of my time here as there is alot already established.

Z, you rock. I'm anxious to see your vid. Also, what did you build up for the rally track??
Subaru WRX. Those cars are fun as heck! So far, I was able to RallX, Time Attack and Sand Drag the Suby!

Regarding the other site, yeah, it will take a while to "build" but the point is to get active so we can attract vendor interest so I hope everyone will check it out and start to participate even though its just launching! Do it for the team!
Z Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:30 PM   #619
Demon Hunter
 
Demon Hunter's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LT
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Madness View Post
Subaru WRX. Those cars are fun as heck! So far, I was able to RallX, Time Attack and Sand Drag the Suby!

Regarding the other site, yeah, it will take a while to "build" but the point is to get active so we can attract vendor interest so I hope everyone will check it out and start to participate even though its just launching! Do it for the team!
Wont take long to establish it if we all jump in.
__________________
Demon Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:40 PM   #620
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Hunter View Post
Wont take long to establish it if we all jump in.
Signed up today and will do my profile asap.
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:05 AM   #621
MichaelH
SOCAL HT5
 
MichaelH's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 M6
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,491
so the v6 is holding up to the sts turbo at 7-8 psi now with no bad results b/c tht would be great news if it is
__________________
2013 ZL1 M6 - Mods-in the works

Old vehicles
2010 CGM Camaro (sold)
Other Vehicles:
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R-115 RWHP in mid summer
2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS- For Sale; Lots of extras
MichaelH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:47 PM   #622
Z Madness
 
Z Madness's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010, 2000, 1971 Camaros
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelH View Post
so the v6 is holding up to the sts turbo at 7-8 psi now with no bad results b/c tht would be great news if it is
Still having blowby issues with oil, but the catch can should do it. So far the tuning seems fine so I need to get it on the dyno to confirm. Once the catch can is installed, will head to dyno and see how it goes. For the most part, running the 5 psi. on a daily basis (I have a switch that activates the high boost and meth injection).
Z Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:58 PM   #623
WayneBrady
Super Mario Racing
 
Drives: 2013 Ashen Grey 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nova
Posts: 274
yes Z, now i am feeling the excitement again. I am so looking forward to how the tc works out at 7-8 psi when you are able to get that. A warranty is nice, and blowing past g37's, 335i's, and .... is alot nicer and more fulfilling
__________________
WayneBrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:55 AM   #624
MichaelH
SOCAL HT5
 
MichaelH's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 M6
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Madness View Post
Still having blowby issues with oil, but the catch can should do it. So far the tuning seems fine so I need to get it on the dyno to confirm. Once the catch can is installed, will head to dyno and see how it goes. For the most part, running the 5 psi. on a daily basis (I have a switch that activates the high boost and meth injection).
so i take it that its smart to get the catch can when u get the turbo
__________________
2013 ZL1 M6 - Mods-in the works

Old vehicles
2010 CGM Camaro (sold)
Other Vehicles:
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R-115 RWHP in mid summer
2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS- For Sale; Lots of extras
MichaelH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 01:40 PM   #625
Z Madness
 
Z Madness's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010, 2000, 1971 Camaros
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 532
Pictures of Sweetness

Here some recent pictures
Attached Images
       
Z Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Updated - Twins almost here! - STS (Twin Turbo) Camaro SS 5th Gen SS Forced Induction - V8 249 08-19-2012 10:45 PM
Granatelli / Turbo Tech Twin Bottom Mount Turbo Systems Granatelli Forced Induction 20 11-30-2010 07:47 PM
Why TT over SC? Jefe's SS Forced Induction - V8 10 10-02-2010 04:14 AM
STS Remote Mount Turbo Kit for V6 ZNOLMT Forced Induction - V6 102 06-09-2010 01:18 PM
ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE* TURBO Camaro SS -- 750hp Custom Single Turbo Kit (T04Z) Ultimate Performance Forced Induction - V8 496 10-11-2009 02:29 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.