Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:43 PM   #1
jokerswild

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM M6
Finger is ON the trigger...

After dealing with a handful of local salesmen over email (and not getting the price or responses I wanted), I finally went into Bob Stall Chevrolet in La Mesa, CA.

I was straightforward and told him exactly what I wanted, and how much I was willing to pay for it, and that I knew we'd need to order it, since it was a 2011.

Well, he surprised me... not only was he able to match my "requested" price, but they had about 5 2011's IN STOCK and ready for sale!

Of course, they were all black interior only, and I'm thinking gray personally.

So I got my quote (2SS/RS, CGM, Gray interior)... and I just need to talk it over with the wife and show up with my deposit check. Hopefully it'll just be another week, and then the REAL waiting begins.

jokerswild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:46 PM   #2
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Oh the suspense!
Old 06-28-2010, 03:48 PM   #3
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for

Drives: Black SS
Finger is ON the trigger...

...hold your breathe and squeeze that trigger finger.

You WON'T regret it!
Old 07-09-2010, 05:00 PM   #4
jokerswild

I did it...

CGM 2SS/RS M6 with Gray interior has been ordered. Put my money down, now just waiting on a TPW.

Waiting sucks.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:02 PM   #5
2010 2-Tone

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS with Custom Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerswild View Post
I did it...

CGM 2SS/RS M6 with Gray interior has been ordered. Put my money down, now just waiting on a TPW.

Waiting sucks.
It gets worse by the day!!!!

-Custom Stripes, Eibach Drop Springs
-MagnaFlow 3" Catback with X pipe
-ADM CAI-Street Version, SLP 160 T-Stat
-Ragin Racin Custom Tune
-Kooks LT Coated Headers, Heritage Grille
-Barton Short Throw Shifter
-Slotted & Dimpled Rotors
-Powercoated Calipers by Mike
-Hawk Ceramic Pads
-Painted Roof
-Painted Gills & Back Panel
-3-M Clear Bra, AAC Plasma DRL's
404rwhp and 403tq
2010 2-Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:05 PM   #6
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.

Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS

:(

then...

It's all worth it brother!
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:09 PM   #7
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
tick

tock

tick
Old 07-09-2010, 05:11 PM   #8
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
Congrats!
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:21 PM   #9
svrds10

Drives: 2SS/RS M6 Wht/Slvr ext Wht/Gry int
Quote:
I did it...

Waiting sucks.
I dont have the patients to wait. I found exactly what I wanted on the dealer lot

Congrats. We better get some pictures posted the day you get it

'10 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS - Summit White W/ Silver Stripes
'
09 Dodge Challenger R/T - Hemi Orange
svrds10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:21 PM   #10
Huck1974
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS
Quote:
I did it...

Waiting sucks.
Congrats!

Be ready for a let down. I ordered basically the same car. 2ss non rs CGM m6.
It has been sitting in a rail yard 3 hour drive from here since Saturday. I was told it would be here first of this week. Now we will be going on first of next week. If it goes until next Friday, I'm going to get my 20 grand back I put down and go another direction. I don't like it when I'm told one thing and......

I also don't like my new car sitting in a rail yard getting pissed on for days when an entire truck load of new Camaros showed up at the dealer from the same train three days ago.
Huck1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:44 PM   #11
04Ram2500Hemi

Drives: 04 Ram 2500 & 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
I did it...

Waiting sucks.
I promise the wait will be over before you know it. I was hoping for 6 weeks with my car, and it came in at 8 weeks (it always takes longer to get a car to Montana). Driving the car now makes the wait worth every minute of pain that it was. I love this car, and I know you will too. I even thought about the Gray interior, but passed at the last minute and went with black. The CGM is an amazing color, just a little harder to keep clean than I had planned. Do yourself a favor and get a Clear Bra put on as soon as you can- I have heard some bad things about the paint chipping on these cars and I didn't want to take that chance so I had the Clear Bra put on right away, and almost 1900 miles later there isn't a rock chip to be found.
04Ram2500Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:47 PM   #12
jokerswild

Quote:
Congrats. We better get some pictures posted the day you get it
I doubt you'll get any pictures the DAY I get it, because I'll be too busy driving... but very shortly afterwards, I promise.

Quote:
Be ready for a let down. I ordered basically the same car. 2ss non rs CGM m6.
It has been sitting in a rail yard 3 hour drive from here since Saturday. I was told it would be here first of this week. Now we will be going on first of next week. If it goes until next Friday, I'm going to get my 20 grand back I put down and go another direction. I don't like it when I'm told one thing and......
Very sorry to hear that bud... sounds like you're getting the short end of the stick.

Hopefully I won't have the same problem, cause I'll be without a car after the sale of my truck in the next couple of weeks.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:02 PM   #13
Kurushio

Drives: 2011 CGM 1LT RS (M6)
Well it seems like the plant was shut down for a week or two so its going to be a bit longer than you may have thought. I ordered mine monday but he didnt get an allotment and i guess no dealers did either.
Kurushio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:21 PM   #14
Inferno Man

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post

:(

then...

It's all worth it brother!
Thats too funny!!!

2000 4/21/2010
3000 4/28/2010 TPW 5/10/2010
3300 5/5/2010
3400 5/10/2010
3800 5/11/2010
HOME 5/28/2010!!!!!
Inferno Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:49 PM   #15
oldfriend

Drives: 2010 SS BLK IO interior
Do not worry , just bite your finger nails then the toe nails and before you know you will do it again on the finger and toes for about 3 maybe 4 times and the and only then you will see the light in the tunnel waaaaaaaay far away but is coming!!!!!
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:26 PM   #16
jokerswild

So of course I put down my deposit on July 4th... just as the plants are all shutting down and dealers aren't getting any allocations.

It's been 2.5 weeks now, and my dealer STILL doesn't have a TPW for me... am I just being impatient? Did I have the worst timing in the world? Or should I have expected a TPW by now?
Old 07-22-2010, 12:36 PM   #17
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Quote:
I did it...

Waiting sucks.
Congrats
Old 07-22-2010, 02:33 PM   #18
Maa107
Someone give me a Camaro!

Drives: '09HHR
so if i want to pay a certain price i just walk into the dealer and say "hi i want a VR 2SS/RS Automatic and want to pay below invoice or invoice...but more perferably below invoice"? lol
Old 07-22-2010, 04:12 PM   #19
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Congrats - The wait will be tough, but you'll be happy that you got exactly what you wanted.

clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:53 PM   #20
TooCool5
Resident Gearhead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
I did it...

Waiting sucks.
I like my gray interior, gives it a brighter open feel.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:23 PM   #21
jokerswild

On Sat, it'll be 4 weeks from the time I put in a deposit to have the Camaro ordered... and still no acceptance from GM.

I emailed my salesman and told him to cancel my order, and that I'll be in tonight or tomorrow to pick up my deposit.

4 weeks of waiting just to find out how long I have to wait for it to be built is just too much for me. If I was given a TPW in a reasonable amount of time, I wouldn't have minded waiting... but it's been a month now, and it'll be another 6-8 weeks until it's built, and another week or so for delivery? And that's IF it were accepted today (which I'm assuming it hasn't been, or my salesman would have responded to the multiple emails I've sent yesterday and today).

So, I'm backing out of the ordering process. I'm looking around at the (other) local dealers for my car now... I'll just have to settle for the black interior instead of gray (not one dealer around here orders ANYTHING other than black interior).

I live in San Diego... if I were in someplace that routinely gets hotter (Vegas, Palm Springs, etc) I'd second-guess the black leather a little bit more - but San Diego is so mild 90% of the time, I doubt I'll have too much of an issue with it.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:39 PM   #22
Tallboy
Say "when"...

Drives: 11 2LT
Quote:
On Sat, it'll be 4 weeks from the time I put in a deposit to have the Camaro ordered... and still no acceptance from GM.

I emailed my salesman and told him to cancel my order, and that I'll be in tonight or tomorrow to pick up my deposit.

4 weeks of waiting just to find out how long I have to wait for it to be built is just too much for me. If I was given a TPW in a reasonable amount of time, I wouldn't have minded waiting... but it's been a month now, and it'll be another 6-8 weeks until it's built, and another week or so for delivery? And that's IF it were accepted today (which I'm assuming it hasn't been, or my salesman would have responded to the multiple emails I've sent yesterday and today).

So, I'm backing out of the ordering process. I'm looking around at the (other) local dealers for my car now... I'll just have to settle for the black interior instead of gray (not one dealer around here orders ANYTHING other than black interior).

I live in San Diego... if I were in someplace that routinely gets hotter (Vegas, Palm Springs, etc) I'd second-guess the black leather a little bit more - but San Diego is so mild 90% of the time, I doubt I'll have too much of an issue with it.
Man, that sucks. Sounds like they don't have allocation.

I hope you find the car you want.
Tallboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:48 PM   #23
FrankN

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:

I was out in San Diego a few weeks back and stopped by Jimmie Johnson Chevy in Kearny Mesa. They had over 50 Camaro's on the lot with a few gray interiors. I have no idea what trim level you are looking for but I test drove an IBM 2SS auto with gray. They also had (and looks like they still have) a white 2SS RS manual with gray. I ended up ordering almost the same exact car when I came back home.
FrankN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:51 PM   #24
rydahog

Drives: 2012 SS 45th..Auto
i think you should have gone with black int...gray is a bit like a taxi inside....

joking,,,have fun and enjoy!!..... and dont forget to get picts...
rydahog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:52 PM   #25
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 2-Tone View Post
It gets worse by the day!!!!
I will be a year ago August 29th when we got our car. We waited 6 weeks and it about killed us. However, this site kept us sane and when we first laid eyes on her, we fell in love. It's kinda like expecting a child.

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote