Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2010, 07:23 PM   #15
ProudLS
 
ProudLS's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro SS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: TX
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
Holy crap... and I thought 3kPa was bad!
Which parameter you are talking about? I thought I only need to recalibrate the MAF when changing the CAI..!!
ProudLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:11 AM   #16
DSteck
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2006 Corvette Z06
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudLS View Post
Which parameter you are talking about? I thought I only need to recalibrate the MAF when changing the CAI..!!
We're talking about manifold absolute pressure during WOT. Typically, you want to see MAP as close to barometric pressure as possible... the bigger the difference between the two, the more restriction you have.
DSteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:00 AM   #17
2SSCAMARO

 
2SSCAMARO's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro Auto
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fl
Posts: 1,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
I get pissed when I see my manifold pressure drop from 99 to 98 by 7200rpm.
Are you saying that maintaining 100 for the entire run after launch is achievable? I hit 100 at launch but then varies between 98, 99, 100 to the traps.
2SSCAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:24 AM   #18
DSteck
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2006 Corvette Z06
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSCAMARO View Post
Are you saying that maintaining 100 for the entire run after launch is achievable? I hit 100 at launch but then varies between 98, 99, 100 to the traps.
Desired, yes. Achieved... sometimes. With the key on and engine not running, I see 99kPa. During a WOT pull, I can maintain that 99 until about 6500, where it drops to 98.

It's more worthwhile to compare MAP to barometric pressure, instead of just thinking about MAP in the number itself.
DSteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:20 PM   #19
ProudLS
 
ProudLS's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro SS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: TX
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
Desired, yes. Achieved... sometimes. With the key on and engine not running, I see 99kPa. During a WOT pull, I can maintain that 99 until about 6500, where it drops to 98.

It's more worthwhile to compare MAP to barometric pressure, instead of just thinking about MAP in the number itself.
Are you referring to BARO High and Low? I have it set as 98 and 84 kpa in my stock tune, should I adjust these parameters? Is there other parameters I should look at beside this? Thanks a million.
ProudLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:14 PM   #20
DSteck
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2006 Corvette Z06
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 590
You don't have to adjust anything. It's ju...


Nevermind. I'm too brain mushed today.
DSteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:52 PM   #21
ProudLS
 
ProudLS's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro SS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: TX
Posts: 193
aha ok I am just keen to know every single detail
ProudLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:06 PM   #22
ProudLS
 
ProudLS's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro SS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: TX
Posts: 193
Just to make sure that I got that right, do I need to do anything besides recalibrating the MAF for installing new CAI? Thanks,
ProudLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:23 PM   #23
2SSCAMARO

 
2SSCAMARO's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro Auto
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fl
Posts: 1,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudLS View Post
Just to make sure that I got that right, do I need to do anything besides recalibrating the MAF for installing new CAI? Thanks,
You need to do a proper cruise log to see where your long term fuel trims are at after adding the CAI. Some can be cause of positive fuel trims (lean condition). This on it's own is not cause for worry BUT positive fuel trims get added to the open loop/PE tables during wide open throttle operation and can be cause for an undesireably rich AFR. Log your LTFT's and adjust accordingly to get them around -2.
2SSCAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:15 PM   #24
DSteck
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2006 Corvette Z06
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudLS View Post
Just to make sure that I got that right, do I need to do anything besides recalibrating the MAF for installing new CAI? Thanks,
Not really. Just make sure the car is in pure MAF mode when you're doing it. You might have to play with the P0068 criteria to prevent reduce engine power from happening after WOT pulls.
DSteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:13 AM   #25
ProudLS
 
ProudLS's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro SS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: TX
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSCAMARO View Post
You need to do a proper cruise log to see where your long term fuel trims are at after adding the CAI. Some can be cause of positive fuel trims (lean condition). This on it's own is not cause for worry BUT positive fuel trims get added to the open loop/PE tables during wide open throttle operation and can be cause for an undesireably rich AFR. Log your LTFT's and adjust accordingly to get them around -2.
Got that already but I was worried if I missed anything related to CAI tune in WOT mode. Thanks
ProudLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:27 AM   #26
ProudLS
 
ProudLS's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro SS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: TX
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
Not really. Just make sure the car is in pure MAF mode when you're doing it. You might have to play with the P0068 criteria to prevent reduce engine power from happening after WOT pulls.
You are the best..
ProudLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:56 AM   #27
Pro Street
 
Pro Street's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Booker,TX.
Posts: 633
I have the CAI installed now and just maybe if I get some time this weekend I will get back started on the tune. It has been raining here but to be clear the next couple of days!
ProudLS what part of Texas you in?
__________________
2016 ZO6 2LZ A8






CamaroFest II-III-V
Pro Street is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:43 AM   #28
DSteck
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2006 Corvette Z06
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudLS View Post
You are the best..
Let's not say things we can't take back.



Just because it's raining doesn't mean you can't begin to calibrate the MAF. WOT is a nightmare to do in the rain, obviously, but everything else is still easy enough. Please, please, please tell me you have a wideband to install before the catalytic converter to do your WOT tuning!
DSteck is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
l99

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Think about this and the Z28 5th gen 13F20 Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 41 09-04-2010 01:59 AM
Over 230 Satisfied 2010 Camaro Customers! Paddock Chevrolet has 40 in stock NOW camarojoe Dealer Camaros for Sale 2 05-24-2010 06:58 PM
Installation Camaro Needed for Manual for a Justice Install Package in SF Bay Area Info@PeddersUSA.com USA - California 6 04-30-2010 09:02 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 08:33 PM
Pedders Suspension Benchmark Track Testing and New Jersey Track Day Info@PeddersUSA.com USA - NY / NJ / PA 35 10-26-2009 06:20 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.