Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Nickey Chicago
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

View Poll Results: If offered through GMPP/GM Accessories, would you purchase the longer stripes?
Yes! I want my stripes to end on the front facia and I will pay more for them. 138 60.53%
No. The current hood length stripes are sufficient. 48 21.05%
I am not getting stripes. It does not matter to me, but I just wanted to answer a poll! :p 42 18.42%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 05:13 PM   #101
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
I agree with 70 COPO about not liking the short stripes. I cancelled the order for my stripes on the car. Now my plan is to get my local decal shop to make bumblebee style ones for me. Their work has been absolutely flawless in the past, and I am sure that they will do an awesome job in the future.
Of course, I am not a collector, so the fact it isn't dealer installed isn't a big deal to me. But I really could give 2 shits what someone 30 years from now might think about my car. I didn't commit to a 50 thousand dollar car (Thats what it works out to with tax when you live in Canada :( ) in the hopes that some mysterious space man from the future would go, "Oh those vinyl stripes aren't the same vinyl stripes that GM put on at a factory."
In closing, I hereby give everyone permission to do whatever they want to their Camaros. Do what you think looks cool, even if 50 other people think it looks like ass. YOU are spending the money, do what YOU want.
Peace out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
Old 12-13-2008, 06:11 PM   #102
CamaroSpike23
Mr. Nitpicky

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23

Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogwinters View Post
Read that link that Spike posted, it'll tell you everything you need to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:52 PM   #103
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
My only objection here is to this poll being called too small to be of any significance. The third choice "not getting stripes" is irrelevant, which leaves 158 votes that count, 79% of which are dissatisfied with the stripes. 158 is exactly 2% of total buyers (7800). What FDA medication blind test study includes 2% of the ailing population? At best the test number may be a few thousand out of hundreds of thousands or even millions with the illness or condition. If you assume this 158 is not representative of future buyers who may care less about the stripes, you can significantly diminish it. But GM evidently didn't have that attitude about the two blue colors or the polished wheels. Unfortunately any response by them now will be too late for the early buyers.

I'm cancelling mine. So now I'm hoping they at least come up with longer stripes in the near future and train people at dealerships to install them properly, because I know no one who installs vinyl at all, let alone frequently, professionally.

And painted stripes, my experience with them has been less than perfect, ending up with a somewhat rough edge. Anyone else?
Old 12-14-2008, 12:31 AM   #104
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
I agree with 70 COPO about not liking the short stripes. I cancelled the order for my stripes on the car. Now my plan is to get my local decal shop to make bumblebee style ones for me. Their work has been absolutely flawless in the past, and I am sure that they will do an awesome job in the future.
Of course, I am not a collector, so the fact it isn't dealer installed isn't a big deal to me. But I really could give 2 shits what someone 30 years from now might think about my car. I didn't commit to a 50 thousand dollar car (Thats what it works out to with tax when you live in Canada :( ) in the hopes that some mysterious space man from the future would go, "Oh those vinyl stripes aren't the same vinyl stripes that GM put on at a factory."
In closing, I hereby give everyone permission to do whatever they want to their Camaros. Do what you think looks cool, even if 50 other people think it looks like ass. YOU are spending the money, do what YOU want.
Peace out.
Bravo for speaking up!

I made this thread so everyone could speak their mind. I also made it in hopes copo and the others could get the option of longer stripes. I did it for YOU, copo...and for others who thought it to be a big deal.

No one should be afraid to speak up and say they don't want the stripes for fear they will be attacked by anyone. The only reason people are getting annoyed is because there is one constant voice trying to be heard. It's like...we got your point already....anyone else? And what do we hear, but a few people who are canceling their stripe order to have them made later on...not to cancel the car completely. Fine by me. I have no problem reading other members new posts about the issue. It's when we (I say we now seeing as though I'm obviously not the only one) have to read your posts over and over and over again which basically say the same thing over and over and over.

Now...I'm repeating myself over and over and we are getting nowhere.

If anyone else has thoughts on this, please feel free to speak up. We won't bite you for offering an opinion.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:31 AM   #105
70 COPO
Banned

Drives: Multiple Camaro's
Tag

The point I want to make (and then I will drop the smack) is that repeating the status quo is not productive, and the "status quo" again seems to be about trying to make this thread about ME. To quote the Gipper "there you go again". Just kidding you Tag..... Now put that club down....

Tag I am asking you right here to support one of the two following proposals for submittal to GM via open forum: (And sticky the entire thread)

Solution #1 Stripes offered via GMPP that are about 1.5 feet longer in all colors planned as an offering now. In addition this offering would need to include the factory only colors which are Cyber Grey and White. This would be an offering in vinyl, the same as GMMP plans now - just longer with more bulk stripe and the field addition of the (as of now) factory only colors.

1. This offering would need to come with a fitment instruction for the front of the car for striping alignment around the Mail slot area.

2. Fitment instructions for the Blade and High wing spoiler.

This stripe package would be dealer installation only and would allow the end user to pick longer stripes for the front of the car (the topic of this thread )and would allow for standardization of the striping application for the blade and the Hi wing and would provide the needed material to do both at the rear of the car. As Hilton has informed us both of these accessories are in need of a fix and this will do it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solution #2 GM assigns a simple subcontract for a striping stencel to a supplier, An RPO# is assigned along with a GM part number. The stencel would provide compound curves/edges for stripes around the mail slot or the front of the hood. Several rolls of striping tape would also be supplied with additional fitment instructions for both the blade and the Hi wing. Solution #2 provides an option for the Dealer or the vehicle owner to PAINT official stripes on the car either at the dealer body shop or at a paint shop of the owners choosing-with a color of the owner's choosing.

I feel option #2 is better for GM because it will be an addition and will not conflict with or cause changes to the existing RPO's already in the system on a cross selection basis. The result of the buyer selection would be a simple (--) for any of the other stripe packages on the vehicle order.

IMO...Simple, Clean, and Cheap. GM can do this one.

Anyone have other ideas Pipe up
Old 12-14-2008, 10:51 AM   #106
OldTimer

Drives: 2012 Victory Red ZL1 MG9
Bravo 70 COPO! Great ideas. If GM would do either of these I would include stripes on my order. If not, I will do as I have already done and leave them off. My biggest complaint, GM continues to show pictures of the car with items they either don't offer or the car does not have. There is a side view of the silver camaro on the chevy website that actually makes the rear gills look like they are open. The picture of the stripes backage that I believe originated from indy shows the rally stripes going over the mail slot. Both are inaccurate representations of the car.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:31 PM   #107
Rodrunner

Copo, although I have no problem with repeatedly voicing my opinion about the short stripes, or stating my belief in the validity of this poll, I'm not sure it's our place to suggest remedies to GM, you know, tell them how to run their business. If they feel there is a problem, I'm sure they'll come up with a solution that, while most likely not pleasing to all of us, will at least be acceptable to the majority and achievable at a reasonable cost to them and us. I'll stay with hoping they're listening.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:17 PM   #108
70 COPO
Banned

Rodrunner,

They are listening and they have told me so (in writing). The Moderators here have stated for the record that GM is watching these threads.

What I find to be remarkable is the clear agreement on this matter to date by the majority who took the time to vote.

As for telling anyone who wants my business what it is that I think will sell - I have yet to encounter a business owner or a management team member who was not open to that feedback. If you look at the forum as a whole the site is chuck full of people providing feedback about the product right now.

Reguargless of how it turns out the stripes need to be revisited to get them to work with the accessory spoilers. According to Hilton as they are now they are too short.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:31 PM   #109
camaropete
I love crepes

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Send a message via AIM to camaropete Send a message via Yahoo to camaropete
I have to give it to you Copo, you are one persistent bastard with this stripe deal.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:36 AM   #110
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 COPO View Post
Anyone have other ideas Pipe up
Yes...

We tell GM what we like or don't like about the 2010 model. Then let them fix the 2011 model as they see fit.

They took our input for this one via the disciples, and I'll be damned if they didn't produce one helluva car. Then they took our input and provided us with polished wheels with the RS package, and a TWO blue SSs. I think that proves they are capable of taking our input and making smart decisions. So I say we tell them what we want/like/don't like -- and leave the rest to them. Sound reasonable?
Old 12-15-2008, 06:57 AM   #111
70 COPO
Banned

I agree 100% Now someone please sticky the thread.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:02 AM   #112
NVMY68SS
Drives #296

Drives: 1968 Camaro SS - 350/5 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
I have to give it to you Copo, you are one persistent bastard with this stripe deal.

I think this is my new quote!!
#296 Delivered 6-1-09 Dynoed 10-3-09 384.56HP 387.65TQ with the bolt-ons listed, no tune.....yet!
Roto-Fab CAI (Install pics here), Doug Thorley Shorties, Flowmaster American Thunder 409S Cat Back Vid
Old 12-15-2008, 11:20 AM   #113
josh1147
Delivered 29June09

Drives: Early Order Camaro
Guys, don't you think GM has enough idiots telling them how to run their company (and ours for us stock-holders) without having to listen to us tell them how to design the "nitty-gritty" of their offerings?

Geez, have you forgotten that we are getting the Camaro back???? How about a little sympathy for the Firebird devotees??

Just trying to keep things in perspective.....

Delivered: 29 June 09 !!!

Current:
'57 BelAir 2Dr Post
'07 Avalanche LTZ (daily driver)
'10 Traverse (wife's demo)
'99 Harley FLHTC
Old 12-15-2008, 12:24 PM   #114
Rodrunner

Enough idiots.....maybe.....but certainly not of our caliber!!!!!!
Old 12-26-2008, 07:33 AM   #115
70 COPO
Banned

Upon review of current events there is an uproar over ABL here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...696#post225696

Notably others are going "vocal" on ordering intent or outright intent to cancel yet they are not attacked - as I was in this thread.

The best part is that both issues are cosmetic and I have not yet canceled my order over the short stripes and am willing to give GM a bit of time to get it fixed, yet for ABL people now they are posting they HAVE actually canceled orders and are getting soft glove treatment by the board bullys.

SO....Now I gotta ask....Just where are the stylized fan boy attacks I endured in this thread for weeks over the stripe issue that are now so absent for others on announcing order cancellation over ABL??
Old 12-26-2008, 08:20 AM   #116
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 COPO View Post
Upon review of current events there is an uproar over ABL here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...696#post225696

Notably others are going "vocal" on ordering intent or outright intent to cancel yet they are not attacked - as I was in this thread.

The best part is that both issues are cosmetic and I have not yet canceled my order over the short stripes and am willing to give GM a bit of time to get it fixed, yet for ABL people now they are posting they HAVE actually canceled orders and are getting soft glove treatment by the board bullys.

SO....Now I gotta ask....Just where are the stylized fan boy attacks I endured in this thread for weeks over the stripe issue that are now so absent for others on announcing order cancellation over ABL??
UGH you're still beating this dead horse?

Ambient Lighting was a feature that was confirmed to be included with the car. Not a feature that was shown on a 3 year old CONCEPT (Such as the big metal shifter). Now being that its something that the car is supposed to have but wont, but likely later cars will, its understandable to be a bit miffed when they haven't planned to price adjust the car accordingly.

That and everyone is not being a pain in the ass and bringing it up at every opportunity ever created.
I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS - Daily Driver
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1993 Volkswagen Fox - Race Car (yes seriously)

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Old 12-26-2008, 09:45 AM   #117
NVMY68SS
Drives #296

Drives: 1968 Camaro SS - 350/5 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
UGH you're still beating this dead horse?

That and everyone is not being a pain in the ass and bringing it up at every opportunity ever created.
Copy that Rogue Leader.......... it seems to be his lot in life......
#296 Delivered 6-1-09 Dynoed 10-3-09 384.56HP 387.65TQ with the bolt-ons listed, no tune.....yet!
Roto-Fab CAI (Install pics here), Doug Thorley Shorties, Flowmaster American Thunder 409S Cat Back Vid
Old 12-26-2008, 09:50 AM   #118
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.

Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
This applies here as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
Ok.

That'll do.

I can appreciate that there are valid concerns and complaints on both sides which is why this thread is allowed to continue. But antagonizing and insulting eachother are the quickest ways to give me the excuse I've been looking for to close this and the many other threads like it.

So, please, keep the personal attacks out of your posts.

Thanks,
Old 12-26-2008, 10:27 AM   #119
70 COPO
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
This applies here as well.

Thanks for Your support. I am quite confident that the Camaro Brand team wants honest feedback on the product.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:17 AM   #120
Rodrunner

Uh, Copo, I don't think that post was completely in your support.....you may have been a bit.....well.....antagonizing in your former post? Just.....MO
Old 12-26-2008, 11:25 AM   #121
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.

Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrunner View Post
Uh, Copo, I don't think that post was completely in your support.....you may have been a bit.....well.....antagonizing in your former post? Just.....MO
My post was directed at everyone.

We all have to exist with one another here. So we all need to play by the rules and be respectful.

Old 12-26-2008, 11:44 AM   #122
dieseldave24v
PowerStroke this Ford boy

Drives: Like Don Garlits "Big Daddy"

Hey big man let me hold a dollar
Old 12-28-2008, 09:18 PM   #123
littlecammi

Drives: '87 Pontiac Fiero GT
I posted this on 10/26/08 (over two months ago) and no one seemed to even care:

Anyone seen photo of actual rally stripes?

I'm trying to visualize rally stripes on a Camaro SS and I'm a little bit worried. I haven't seen any pictures of a Camaro with the actual rally stripes - just photoshops people have done. And I've read somewhere here on Camaro5 that the rally stripes do NOT extend onto the front fascia at all. The production rally stripes will not be like the stripes on the Bumblebee movie car. And most people doing photoshops extend them onto the fascia, which will not be like actual production. The first gen Camaro Z/28 stripes extended all the way to the nose of the car. And the second gen Z/28 stripes carried onto the fascia (my hugger orange '70-1/2 Z/28 had black stripes like that). I know it will be easier to install the stripes (both at the factory and at various dealers) if they don't have to mess with the gap between the hood and front fascia or the "mail slot" non-functional scoop in the fascia of the SS. But I'm afraid that they made the decision to limit the stripes to the hood (and rear decklid) for those reasons, and the stripes won't look as good as they would have if they were more like the second gen Z/28 stripes. I'm guessing that the few people who order their Camaros without stripes and then have them painted on will extend the stripes onto the front fascia because it will look better. What do you think?
Old 12-28-2008, 09:49 PM   #124
camaropete
I love crepes

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Send a message via AIM to camaropete Send a message via Yahoo to camaropete
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecammi View Post
I posted this on 10/26/08 (over two months ago) and no one seemed to even care:

Anyone seen photo of actual rally stripes?
I don't believe there have been any pictures of actual production stripes on an actual car. I believe there are some stripe pictures (CG) from the LPO launch. That's about as good as we have seen so far.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:44 PM   #125
One Mean Chevy
Future Vette Owner (201?)

Drives: A Mobile Road Block
I was going to get strips. However, For now I'm settling on straight Black. If I get strips they must come down to the bumps and will be paint on and custom from a local paint shop.

GM, WILL SURVIVE AND WILL BE BETTER THAN EVER.

2011 Camaro SS (6-Speed) w/RS Package. Its Great to be back in Black and a Chevy Again.

----------------------------

Closed Thread