Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Old 06-29-2010, 03:59 PM   #1
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
OCC fans, re-runs are back on Discovery

OCC fans, re-runs are back on Discovery

They have been playing them pretty hard, several shows a day, at different times.

In Aug they come back to TV with competing shops, Sr shop and Jr shop.

Which is dumb cause when they did that stuff before, fans always voted for JR stuff.

IM just glad SR is no longer blocking them from showing re-runs.

He didn't want anyone who had left getting airtime. Which might disprove that’s its all him. He does it all, it was all his designs and work, everyone else was just riding his coat tails; including his sons.
http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/v6...-all-over.html

----------------------------------------------
"In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate.
In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law.
To pursue... natural justice.
This is not vengeance.
Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response.
No, not vengeance.
Punishment."
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 04:08 PM   #2
Chrisrp454

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS M6, 98Z28 M6
new season starts aug 12th its ooc sr vs jr, two diff film crews than discovery puts the show together, jr is making bikes too.

Ordered 5/23/2009
3400 with TPW of 08/03/09
3800 8/11/2009
Arrived 8/21/2009 2SS/RS/Aqua Blue/Grey Interior
Chrisrp454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:01 PM   #3
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
It's really sad that they fell apart. They both share the blame in it, but Sr. clearly could never just drop it and move on. I'm glad the show is coming back.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:17 AM   #4
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
So, will the show be about bike building again? I stopped watching when the focus became the family problems.

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:23 AM   #5
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
So, will the show be about bike building again? I stopped watching when the focus became the family problems.
Gonna almost be a biker build off type show with SR shop n JR new shop.

But not allot of family stuff as SR n JR are still sueing each other.
Mikey was fired.

Only drama still is JR wants to keep his 20% in OCC and SR wants to buy him out while times are tough.

There may be some sort of grudge war side bet to settle that though.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:26 AM   #6
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Might actually watch it again then.

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
Old 06-30-2010, 12:32 AM   #7
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Quote:
Might actually watch it again then.
You know they are gonna toss in some bits of drama to bitch at each other through TV, since they don't talk.

But with them building 2 bikes per episode or what ever, should make for less drama, as we get to know the new guys and watch them hunker down to build the best bikes.

Id KaPlots if they tossed Vinny n Codys shop into the mix, a 3 way battle royal.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:34 AM   #8
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Taylor Made SLDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgenz28 View Post
You know they are gonna toss in some bits of drama to bitch at each other through TV, since they don't talk.

But with them building 2 bikes per episode or what ever, should make for less drama, as we get to know the new guys and watch them hunker down to build the best bikes.

Id KaPlots if they tossed Vinny n Codys shop into the mix, a 3 way battle royal.
This would be neat.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:12 PM   #9
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

The moving into the new bulding one is on now and funny, before most of the drama, but SR already went off cause he wants his tools box n tiny lift up front so he can sit at his desk with his feet up and watch them collect dust, while the big lifts that actualy get used gotta move

This is not vengeance.
No, not vengeance.
Punishment."
Old 07-01-2010, 03:11 PM   #10
AZCamaroFan
Coming Soon

Drives: Camaros
I noticed reruns are on, but i can't watch anymore after what sr. did. That guy is such a jerk. He's even feuding with his son that runs the steel business.
I am sure Jr. will win any competition. The bikes they build with that kid jason designing look okay, but everyone remembers the bike's jr. did like the Fire bike, and the Stealth bike, and the Black Widow.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:19 PM   #11
1bad65
Banned

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Jr is the one who let the fame get to his head, not Sr. He would even bring his agent on the show.

That gal he is with had him ready to buy her a boutique, and they aren't even married! That idiot is the epitome of ***** whipped.
1bad65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:24 PM   #12
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
Jr is the one who let the fame get to his head, not Sr. He would even bring his agent on the show.

That gal he is with had him ready to buy her a boutique, and they aren't even married! That idiot is the epitome of ***** whipped.
They both have gigantic egos, but JR's is more justified than SR. JR is the one who designed the bikes that made OCC famous while SR threw temper tantrums and made BS decisions.

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
Old 07-01-2010, 03:40 PM   #13
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Quote:
Jr is the one who let the fame get to his head
JR was like that from the very first show, he is an artist and how most good ones act, they are slow to start but once in the right mood they just take off and wonders happen.

SR is a laborer and just wants it done ASAP to start the next job.

Art is not a 9-5 job that can be held to some strict guide lines which is all SR knows.

LIke Michelangelo doing the Sistine chappel.

"When will it be done?"

"When its done."

SR would of took a roller to the place n been out in a week.

JR would of been there as long as it took to be right.

This is not vengeance.
No, not vengeance.
Punishment."
Old 07-01-2010, 03:45 PM   #14
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
I have not seen that show in a long time, I did not know that SR. & JR. were not together on the show, guess I'm outside to much
Old 07-01-2010, 04:33 PM   #15
1bad65
Banned

Quote:
They both have gigantic egos, but JR's is more justified than SR. JR is the one who designed the bikes that made OCC famous while SR threw temper tantrums and made BS decisions.
Sr has built two successful businesses. It sure looked like Jr was headed for bankruptcy when he left OCC, heck the guy was designing dog parks and grills.

Imo, the only thing that saved Jr was this new show. There is no way he could buy a shop on his own, I'm betting the network either bought him one or they leased out an existing shop that he can build bikes at for this new show.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:37 PM   #16
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

How much of that success SR 'built' is based on the show though? IIRC the shop from the first couple seasons was pretty much nothing. And it was JR's bikes that got them recognized. I haven't seen any of those episodes in a long time because SR didn't allowed Discovery or TLC to re-air them.

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
Old 07-01-2010, 04:39 PM   #17
fielderLS3

Drives: 02 Alero, 2011 Mustang 5.0
I used to watch the show, but stopped a couple years ago. Why exactly did they break up (I know they were both ego maniacs and that it was inevitable) but what was the exact incident that set it off?

Does this mean Mikey goes to work building bikes for Jr, or is he just going to draw for the rest of his life?

"The car is the closest thing we will ever create to something that is alive."eds.
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:50 PM   #18
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Quote:
Sr has built two successful businesses. It sure looked like Jr was headed for bankruptcy when he left OCC, heck the guy was designing dog parks and grills.

Imo, the only thing that saved Jr was this new show. There is no way he could buy a shop on his own, I'm betting the network either bought him one or they leased out an existing shop that he can build bikes at for this new show.

Nope thats backwards, OCC was the ones who almost went under as when folks called to have a bike built for a big corp, they asked for JR to do it like all the rest. And if you watched the last few shows. SR went on and on how it was JR fault that OCC almost went under as he wouldn't come in and design bikes. As at the end JR was a design consulant for OCC to keep those big Corp Theme bikes jobs coming in as they all wanted him to do it.
But he didn't do that cause SR was trying to low ball him on his 20% ownership in the business and so he walked.

And in such proved that he was a key player, OCC had to lay off almost everyone and nearly filed for bankruptcy.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:32 PM   #19
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Everyone knew Jr was the driving force of their designs. They split up during the worst times in the economy and that hurt OCC. The designs they made after Jr weren't as good. Every time I see the stealth bomber bike they made I think of how awful it looks (it looks like a dolphin!)and how Jr would have made it so much better. They were lucky enough to survive but even when Jr and Sr were working on a personal bike together Sr acted like a total jerk. Jr might not have had the best work ethic but the job always got done and he took the time to make sure it was right. Sr let it all go to his head and never gave his son the credit he deserved for helping make OCC what it was. I'm glad the show is coming back but I have a feeling it won't last more than a season. I think the worlds excitement with the chopper has faded and the reason they loved American Choppers was the family dynamic. With that gone I'm not sure it will last. I'll be watching though just like I did before.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:31 AM   #20
1bad65
Banned

Quote:
And in such proved that he was a key player, OCC had to lay off almost everyone and nearly filed for bankruptcy.
I think the econmy might have something to do with business being down. Those choppers are 'toys', and in a recession alot of people cut back on buying toys.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:27 PM   #21
Tecca

Drives: ...
Quote:

I thought I read that Vinney and Mikey are working with Jr. now???
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:54 PM   #22
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Quote:
I think the econmy might have something to do with business being down. Those choppers are 'toys', and in a recession alot of people cut back on buying toys.
Not really, the big corp theme bikes were their bread n butter.
Without them and JR, they would still be in that 2nd small shop upstairs.
The downstairs one was to small for much of anything.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:02 PM   #23
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teccboxx View Post
I thought I read that Vinney and Mikey are working with Jr. now???
Well Vin and Cody started their own bike shops long ago, VForce Customs.
Well before the big blow ups, they got out early while times were good.
Though they never showed or aired the Cody quites episode. Only the Vinny one. They never brought up his name again like it was banned.

Last known, once Mikey was out of rehab he was selling his art to make ends meet and the pre interview stuff had SR n JR both saying they wouldn't have Mikey around but it could be a joke for drama.

He may be back up to speed now that hes not boozin all day long.

Id like to see Mikey back in as comic relief.
-----

Also they started to show the old biker build off shows, which they dropped once Indian Larry died and Billey Lane killed that guy on a moped passing in a no passing zone drunk. Which had to of sunk him, in all the BL build offs, at every gas stop and every build sceen he had a coronna in his hand.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:48 PM   #24
1bad65
Banned

Quote:
Not really, the big corp theme bikes were their bread n butter.
Without them and JR, they would still be in that 2nd small shop upstairs.
The downstairs one was to small for much of anything.
You sure about that? They do make mass production bikes that are for sale to the general public. I'm sure they sell alot more of those than the few corp theme bikes we see.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:29 PM   #25
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Quote:
You sure about that? They do make mass production bikes that are for sale to the general public. I'm sure they sell alot more of those than the few corp theme bikes we see.
The mass production was late in the game and those bikes are cheap, less profit. Theme bikes they got paid around a mill each including a l the press they did for the company.

It was the theme bikes that bank rolled that big new shop, to start the cheap knock offs.