Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2011, 01:55 PM   #86
MikeL
 
MikeL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT/RS
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Carlos, CA
Posts: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardailsmith View Post
I found this link for a petotion on line to change the CA law regarding front plate requierment. http://www.petitiononline.com/caplate/petition.html
Sadly I doubt it will ever happen but thanks for the info!

I also updated the "Moving to California" section to include info for active military members (albeit not very helpful) from other states that are stationed here with their vehicle. Any information that is verifiable accurate to the law please let me know. Updated because of this thread:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186032

Also added a new section:

Headlight/Taillight Tint and/or Modification
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
....and I'd love to tell you all about what we're working on, but then there's that fleet of Black Suburbans that show up when one says more than they should...............
MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 05:23 PM   #87
Jay'SS Ride
 
Jay'SS Ride's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37S
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SacTown
Posts: 238
Where's the petition to allow long tube headers to be legal?
__________________
Sold but not forgotten
Jay'SS Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:24 PM   #88
kas
 
Drives: Camaro 2011 1LT
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 8
MikeL,I pmed you, probably should have just commented in here, but, I got a 2011 back in August shipped from a dealership in Arizona and the local DMV made me get the vehicle smogged. Not sure why or if it was really necessary but either way they made me do it.
kas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:35 PM   #89
MikeL
 
MikeL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT/RS
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Carlos, CA
Posts: 585
Updated to include additional information on smog issues. Thanks for the heads up Kas!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
....and I'd love to tell you all about what we're working on, but then there's that fleet of Black Suburbans that show up when one says more than they should...............
MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:05 PM   #90
reason
 
reason's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS / RS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 137
Just wanted to add a bit of additional information to the thread as i just moved to SoCal from colorado with longtubes on the car.

In order to register an out of state vehicle you need to first go through a VIN Verification by the DMV or an officer. I had already arranged a way of getting through the SMOG check, but couldn't find any information in regards to the VIN verification and what that entailed.

To avoid any issues, i pulled my intake off, threw on the factory and put the original engine cover back on to try and cover the Longtubes best i could. To my surprise the DMV employee popped the hood, poked around, pointed out the headers but still passed me.

So, looks like for the VIN verification portion of those moving in from out of state you can rest easy.
__________________
reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:11 AM   #91
monstertodd


 
monstertodd's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tega Cay, South Carolina
Posts: 4,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by firengnred View Post
You can open carry so long as gun is NOT loaded. But then every cop who sees you is going to aggressively stop you to find out why you're carrying and to verify the status of your gun (loaded or not).
Should probably point out that as of 2012 "unloaded open carry" of a firearm is no longer legal in the state of California.


Sent from my abacus using precise finger movements......
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:21 AM   #92
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!
 
Silver2SSRS6spd's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Silver/Black 2SS/RS Manual
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 2,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by reason View Post
Just wanted to add a bit of additional information to the thread as i just moved to SoCal from colorado with longtubes on the car.

In order to register an out of state vehicle you need to first go through a VIN Verification by the DMV or an officer. I had already arranged a way of getting through the SMOG check, but couldn't find any information in regards to the VIN verification and what that entailed.

To avoid any issues, i pulled my intake off, threw on the factory and put the original engine cover back on to try and cover the Longtubes best i could. To my surprise the DMV employee popped the hood, poked around, pointed out the headers but still passed me.

So, looks like for the VIN verification portion of those moving in from out of state you can rest easy.
I purchased a Corvette a few years back and had to go to a CHP office to get the VIN verified. The officer came outside and used a flashlight to look at a couple places of my engine compartment. Took about 5 to 10 minutes. The VIN is all over the car now a days so it shouldn't be too bad. The struts, rear end, sway bars and lots of other parts have the VIN on them on the new Camaro.

Good luck and welcome to California!
__________________
MagnaCharger TVS-2300 550rwhp 540 rwt and a radical suspension under the car.
Silver2SSRS6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:35 PM   #93
That My Babe
 
That My Babe's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CAMARO
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Imperial California
Posts: 38
Front plate

untill the change the lic Plate law in Cal I have the eliminator bracket from www.eliminatorbracket.com And Im going to hold my breath for the long tub headers!!!!
That My Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:20 PM   #94
miolady
 
Drives: '10 red jewel, L99, Borla axleback,
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Orange, Ca.
Posts: 17
Ca. laws, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribone View Post
Thank you very much!!! Very helpful and informative!!
If you buy out of state you'll be slammed with sales tax at 7.8% when you register. What a rip. Sale didn't even occur here? Okay, it's then termed "use tax".
miolady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:23 PM   #95
motorhead


 
motorhead's Avatar
 
Drives: Stormtrooper
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bartertown
Posts: 9,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by miolady View Post
If you buy out of state you'll be slammed with sales tax at 7.8% when you register. What a rip. Sale didn't even occur here? Okay, it's then termed "use tax".
Usually you don't pay tax in the state you bought if from though. It depends on the state though.
motorhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:27 PM   #96
miolady
 
Drives: '10 red jewel, L99, Borla axleback,
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Orange, Ca.
Posts: 17
Ca. laws etc

If you buy from a dealer they add sales tax, but you'll pay again in Ca. upon registering if car is 6 yrs old or less. What a rip.
miolady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:28 PM   #97
motorhead


 
motorhead's Avatar
 
Drives: Stormtrooper
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bartertown
Posts: 9,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by miolady View Post
If you buy from a dealer they add sales tax, but you'll pay again in Ca. upon registering if car is 6 yrs old or less. What a rip.
That is a rip.

Yet another reason to not live there. I really can't understand why anyone does.
motorhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:30 PM   #98
miolady
 
Drives: '10 red jewel, L99, Borla axleback,
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Orange, Ca.
Posts: 17
In my case, earning power and beaches. Also, I've been to Pa.......
miolady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:32 PM   #99
midnighter
Account Suspended
 
Drives: nothing
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: a hole
Posts: 17,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
That is a rip.

Yet another reason to not live there. I really can't understand why anyone does.
I am living in Cali because I clear $45,000 annually working only 4 months a year. This is working in my family's fruit farms in North Cal. Otherwise I'd be out of here for sure. This state is ridiculous! We hired Terminator for governor. Nuff said!
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:33 PM   #100
miolady
 
Drives: '10 red jewel, L99, Borla axleback,
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Orange, Ca.
Posts: 17
When my business concludes soon, I'm gone too. Things here often make no sense at all and people embrace that!
miolady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:47 PM   #101
motorhead


 
motorhead's Avatar
 
Drives: Stormtrooper
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bartertown
Posts: 9,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
I am living in Cali because I clear $45,000 annually working only 4 months a year. This is working in my family's fruit farms in North Cal. Otherwise I'd be out of here for sure. This state is ridiculous! We hired Terminator for governor. Nuff said!
Quote:
Originally Posted by miolady View Post
When my business concludes soon, I'm gone too. Things here often make no sense at all and people embrace that!
All I ask is if you guy do leave don't bring CA's mentality to the state you end up at.

Pa is starting to act a lot like CA. Rendell isn't here anymore so it's not quite as bad.
motorhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:50 PM   #102
midnighter
Account Suspended
 
Drives: nothing
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: a hole
Posts: 17,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
All I ask is if you guy do leave don't bring CA's mentality to the state you end up at.

Pa is starting to act a lot like CA. Rendell isn't here anymore so it's not quite as bad.
Don't worry, I am not into politics. I just want to work and keep my most of my money. I don't surf, grow weed, or take a liberal stand. I hate hate hate front license plates! I don't belong here.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.