Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

tandtperformance.com
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:18 AM   #1
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Paranormal Activity....

http://www.paranormalmovie.com/

The first one freaked out a lot of people...I wonder if this one will top it...

Old 06-30-2010, 10:21 AM   #2
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2001 Maxima

Just the trailer freaked me out.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:26 AM   #3
kryptonian
awsome!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
thats why i need a dog.

if you look in the mirror at the end, theres something written in the carpet and the baby is in the mirror and not in the bed on this side.
kryptonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:39 AM   #4
Shardik2SS
How U Doin?

Drives: #21,644
Shardik2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:42 AM   #5
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
May I suggest some real scary movies to you all? Wait, everyone list their top favorite horror/scary films of all time. Here are mine.

1. The Excorcist
2. Prince of Darkness (clive barker)
3. The Omen (original)
4. Amittyville Horror (original)
5. Alien
Old 06-30-2010, 10:43 AM   #6
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2001 Maxima
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
thats why i need a dog.

if you look in the mirror at the end, theres something written in the carpet and the baby is in the mirror and not in the bed on this side.

True... Good eyes...
Old 06-30-2010, 10:50 AM   #7
Shardik2SS
How U Doin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
May I suggest some real scary movies to you all? Wait, everyone list their top favorite horror/scary films of all time. Here are mine.

1. The Excorcist
2. Prince of Darkness (clive barker)
3. The Omen (original)
4. Amittyville Horror (original)
5. Alien
I don't find any of those scary. The Exorcist and Amityville scared me as a kid but I can't watch the Exorcist now without laughing through some of the scenes.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:01 AM   #8
kryptonian
awsome!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
read the amittyville horror police report. its scary. the movie sucked.
kryptonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:18 AM   #9
purplhaizcraz3

Drives: 2010 2LT CHEVY CAMARO BABY!!!!
Paranormal Activity sucked. I laughed through the entire thing. I take craps that are scarier than that.
purplhaizcraz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:17 PM   #10
Shardik2SS
How U Doin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplhaizcraz3 View Post
Paranormal Activity sucked. I laughed through the entire thing. I take craps that are scarier than that.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:39 PM   #11
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 2013 Tahoe 79 Scout II
paranormal activity was kinda disappointing as far as scary goes. My all time scariest movie is Dark Remains. I saw it once and swore to never watch it again that was 3 years ago so I wasn't a kid.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:46 PM   #12
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
I am afraid of scary movies.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:03 PM   #13
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
I LOVE scary movies but --
Dead Silence....nothing scarier then ventriloquist dummies trying to kill you.....fcking things are scary on their own....(and I like puppets.....just not those ones....*shiver* creeeeeeepy)
Old 06-30-2010, 01:04 PM   #14
Bandit78

Drives: Black, Beautiful, Fast
I never saw Paranormal Activity. I hate the ones shot like that one was because they never scare....or even seem that good. Blair Witch, Paranormal Activity....etc. Look, it's great you can use a handicam to make a movie with no real plot and have the country watch it....but that doesn't make it 'good.'

When the Blair Witch came out, my friends and I went to see it as a group and one of the group got mad because the rest of us were laughing throughout the movie.
Bandit78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 01:08 PM   #15
Shardik2SS
How U Doin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit78 View Post
I never saw Paranormal Activity. I hate the ones shot like that one was because they never scare....or even seem that good. Blair Witch, Paranormal Activity....etc. Look, it's great you can use a handicam to make a movie with no real plot and have the country watch it....but that doesn't make it 'good.'

When the Blair Witch came out, my friends and I went to see it as a group and one of the group got mad because the rest of us were laughing throughout the movie.
Hard not to laugh at that crap.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:12 PM   #16
Bandit78

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
thats why i need a dog.

I'm assuming the baby's name is "Hunter" because the writing (upside down and backwards) says "What is happening to Hunter?"
Old 06-30-2010, 01:14 PM   #17
Bandit78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang_Killer View Post
Hard not to laugh at that crap.
What was scary to me, is that I was chatting online with a chick from Australia around the time that movie was released.

She was dead set convinced it was real. I made fun of how it was shot and how lame it was and she replied "What do you expect? They just found that footage in the woods!"

I was like
I had to explain to her that the people in the movie had already been hosts for an MTV awards show -- after the movie, so they couldn't possibly be dead.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:14 PM   #18
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
You have never been scared until you see "Paranormal Activity" first hand for real. Not some movie.

Oh we all have thought we saw something in the dark or heard something but until you see something for real, you have no idea what real fear is.

Paralyzing fear is real, your whole body, mind heart, breathing and thinking just locks and its not cool or fun. You do not want to ever experience “Paranormal Activity” first hand. Its totaly screws with you mentaly.

Im freaked just memberin it.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 01:15 PM   #19
Bandit78

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgenz28 View Post
You have never been scared until you see "Paranormal Activity" first hand for real. Not some movie.

Oh we all have thought we saw something in the dark or heard something but until you see something for real, you have no idea what real fear is.

Paralyzing fear is real, your whole body, mind heart, breathing and thinking just locks and its not cool or fun. You do not want to ever experience “Paranormal Activity” first hand. Its totaly screws with you mentaly.

Im freaked just memberin it.
I'll call your bluff. I've seen it -- or what could pass for it (unexplained) and I wasn't scared at all. I was more curious, actually.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:28 PM   #20
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Quote:
I'll call your bluff. I've seen it -- or what could pass for it (unexplained) and I wasn't scared at all. I was more curious, actually.
Maybe it depends, but if you saw someone close to you, that you know is dead, might be the difference.

It wasn't just something strange, I can deal with strange.

As nice as it may sound to be visited by the dead, its not something I enjoyed that much, though nice in a way.
Happened twice and Im still not cool with it yet.

Id say it would have to be like seeing real alien's walk out of a UFO or something no one would ever belive you but you know it was as real as you and me.

And I can only talk about it some here, id never tell friends or family as, if they told me that, id have them sent to the loony bin.

Its sort of like the Matrix moment when Neo freaked out saying " I don't believe it, it isn't real" trying to convince yourself its not, when your core gutt tells you different, you hope you can trick your mind into thinking its not.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:06 PM   #21
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I've had many things happen or heard, seen, felt, smelled things or whatever, that I just couldn't explain. But I've had FAR more that after a while, I was able to explain it later and found the explanation for it. There is an explanation for everything. Some, you just can't figure out.

Creepy invisible beings dragging someone from their bed are BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That being said, when me and Bonnie watched the movie, I kept saying, "I'd have my gun with me", And of course Bonnie would say, "What good would it do". FINE, It wouldn't do any good, but at least it would make me FEEL better.

BTW, I'd have gotten the F*** out of that house and took the footage to anyone who would watch it. lol If Bonnie argued and refused, I'd knock her ass out somehow and get the hell out.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:08 PM   #22
bigearl

Drives: 10 Camaro 2lt
Paranormal Activity was actually better on your own tv set in your own house with all the lights out then it was on a movie screen. It is downright freaky to watch on a smaller screen. I think the big screen made you lose the feel of the home camera type set up. And that section of the movie where the time ticks off 3 hours and the wife is just standing there perfectly still over her husband.....creepy.
bigearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:19 PM   #23
Shardik2SS
How U Doin?

Quote:
What was scary to me, is that I was chatting online with a chick from Australia around the time that movie was released.

She was dead set convinced it was real. I made fun of how it was shot and how lame it was and she replied "What do you expect? They just found that footage in the woods!"

I was like
I had to explain to her that the people in the movie had already been hosts for an MTV awards show -- after the movie, so they couldn't possibly be dead.