Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HAVOC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:36 PM   #1
ssdavidw
Camaro OCD

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS, RS, RJT
Chrome Power Bar - Looking for Feedback

Every Chevrolet I've ever had has had a chrome power bar running across the grille. I wanted to see how the Camaro would look with a subtle one.

I just mocked this up with chrome tape to see how it would look. It's not going to last more than a few drives.

A thin strip of chrome with some 3M tape behind it would be a more ideal way to do this.

I've attached some iPhone pics for now. I'll take it outside and get some pics with a real camera when the sun comes up.

But I'm looking for feedback. Let me know what you think!
Attached Images

2010 Camaro - Red Jewel Tintcoat, 2SS, RS, Auto, Black Interior, Cyber Gray Rally Stripes
ssdavidw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:02 PM   #2
supaman

Drives: CGM w/IOM rally 2LT/RS
here you go, bro. its already developed and super easy to install.
http://www.pfyc.com/pc/CA1076/CAEXT/...g+Package.html
i have no connections to this vendor. I am just a really big fan of this kit. Hope it helps.
supaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:07 PM   #3
ssdavidw
Camaro OCD

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS, RS, RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by supaman View Post
here you go, bro. its already developed and super easy to install.
http://www.pfyc.com/pc/CA1076/CAEXT/...g+Package.html
i have no connections to this vendor. I am just a really big fan of this kit. Hope it helps.
Nice! Just when you think you've visited every Camaro site, and have seen every accessory... there's still more.

I'm not 100% sold on it yet. If I do like it I will pickup that kit at the link you sent me though. Thanks!

2010 Camaro - Red Jewel Tintcoat, 2SS, RS, Auto, Black Interior, Cyber Gray Rally Stripes
ssdavidw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:17 PM   #4
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Hrm...what if I just wanted the chrome cross bar and not the other peices?? No way I'm paying 120 bucks for just the bar lol.
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:09 AM   #5
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
I contacted PFYC.com about just purchasing the center portion (minus the blacked out headlights and the chrome around the headlights) and they said they would sell it to me for $45 + shipping.

Wouldn't call it cheap, but its not bad. I wish the picture was a bigger shot so I could get a better view. Looks to be just a thin piece running along the front. Person I contacted described it as a peice of smoked vinyl with black chrome.

So...has anyone else tried something like this? I'm no fan of putting lots of chrome on my car either, but if done right, I think I kind've like this lol. May not look too bad on my ABM with the silver strips I already have. I dont know..I'm on the fence.

IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote