Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

LSR Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:35 PM   #1
dad2bjo

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Ordering 2011 for a raffle

Brand new to this site and the info is great. I am not a Camaro driver but hope those of you who are can help me.

We are planning on ordering a new Camaro for a drawing to benefit a local youth sports program. We chose the Camaro because it is new and fresh and a gret looking car. I have the car priced out and ready to order and so far here is what we have: 2011 2SS/RS Package, sunroof, automatic red in color with the black hockey stripe. The dealer said we can order this car anytime and get it in about 8 weeks from the order.

Our plan is to start the raffle in the early fall, sell tickets all winter and have the drawing at the end of March or first part of April.

With all that I have read, it looks as if the "hot" 2011 could be the Z28 but it does not look like it will be availible until the end of '11. Also it looks as if there is talk of a convertible?

What we dont want, is a car that the "car guy" (or "car gal") does not want i.e somthing that is not different or the "latest and the greatest", however that is why we chose the Camaro over a Corvette.

Feedback is appreciated on what I currently have for options, color etc. I am thinking a manual over auto but dealer said the auto would be better. We kind of need to stick with red/black color or possibly white/red/black combo's since those are the orginizations colors. Also if there is a place I can look at different color combo's that would be great as well.

Thanks in advance. Also suggestions as to where we can advertise the raffle once we get it all set would be great as well.

Thanks

Jim
dad2bjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:33 PM   #2
jackka

Drives: 2011 Black/Black 2LT/RS M6 w/Sroof
I think the Rally Stripes would be so much better than Hockey Stripes.

IMO, the Hockey Stripes ruin the look of the Camaro.

I think the longer you wait to do the drawing, the harder it'd be to avoid the upcoming new models such as the convertible or the Z28. Also the interior is getting a facelift for the 2012 models, which will probably start being built in June of 2011.

Maybe you can make the drawing earlier to avoid those, or later with a 2012 to when the first 2012s are available?
jackka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:42 PM   #3
Danprh427

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Every kid will want to win a camaro or bug momy and dady to buy a raffle to try to get one i know i would support the local cause with the benefit of the camaro.
Danprh427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:52 PM   #4
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackka View Post
IMO, the Hockey Stripes ruin the look of the Camaro.
yeah.. me too this looks terrible.

Good thing I have such dark windows, wouldn't want anyone to see me driving this heap.

OP... Victory Red with the hood and hockeys looks GREAT... but its not for everyone. Rallys are more popular but nowhere near as mean and muscle looking. I'd stick with the auto... broaden your base. Don't sweat the Z28 or convertible. Not everyone wants a drop top or a race car. Stick with the 2SS/RS, its FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:53 AM   #5
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Convertible production starts Feb 2011
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:38 PM   #6
Rockies4

Drives: PT Cruiser 02
In my opinion, I would go with the automatic over the manual if you want a Carmaro to appeal to the majority of men and women. The last time I looked, the automatic was outselling the manual.

I would not go with the sunroof because you will lose a couple of inches or so in headroom.

And I would agree on the rally stripes over the hockey stripes.

Again, in my opinion, there are probably more members that have the rally stripes instead of hockey stripes. Personally, I like both, but I chose not to have any stripes on my 2SS Camaro.

Now for marketing, you will need to contact your local television station in your area, so they can create a human interest story on what you are trying to accomplish.

Next, go to your local community college and contact the instructor who teaches marketing and ask if he/she would like a "real world project" for the next semester.

This will increase the value of everyone's resume in the course. Set up a date perhaps during the first two weeks in the semester and be "the client."

Ask the instructor to perhaps divide the class into two or more groups to generate more ideas for maketing your cause. This would be considered one of the 5 nontraditional marketing strategies (cause marketing).

Finally, ask the marketing class to help implement their strategies. This can be a great experience for everyone involved: students, instructor, youth organization, and the community. You'll be surprised on how many connections the students will have in the community.

At the end of the semester, have each group make a PowerPoint presentation on their ideas and why they will be effective. Each group needs to "sell" you their ideas.

My marketing class does projects like this from time to time and the students really love it. Students learn more when they actually apply the material.

My class just marketed Antioch University last semester and they will be implementing some of their marketing strategies next semester (one-day event).

Drop the suggestion that it would be great if the students could put on a one-day event at the college where all proceeds go towards the youth organization.

I wish you success and good luck and let us all know how everything turns out.

Rockies4
Rockies4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:58 PM   #7
fixxer56
Thin Blue Line

Drives: ABM 2LT/RS #10094
Send a message via AIM to fixxer56
Hey , if your looking to hype up the sales, why not a Rally Yellow 2SS/RS with the bumblebee look just in time for the transformers 3 ( a 3D movie) July 1, 2011 ? I think the kids would love it too!
Here's a link about it

http://www.superherohype.com/feature...3-release-date
Old 07-06-2010, 08:03 PM   #8
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Stay with the Hockey Stripes, looks much better.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:54 PM   #9
Danprh427

Drives: 2010 Camaro
yea i know a few dealerships have the transformers and greens sitting on the lots because some people dont want those colors but for the kids they prob go crazy for an transformer car.
Danprh427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:15 PM   #10
dad2bjo

Thanks for ALL the feedback!

Color: Red/Black or a combo of such is what we need to go with since those are the team colors.

Stripes: Choose hockey stripe because the sport is Ice Hockey!

jrhaus: thanks for the pictures! I would like to see a red one like that! Nice car!

Rockies4: Great ideas! Not sure if I can pull that off since we want to start marketing asap. However there may be some great tie in's with some local Jr. College programs we can tap into.

Timing: Our season starts in Oct and runs through March. my idea was to have ticket sales run through the season with a drawing at the awards banquette in April. Just in time for the snow to be gone and the "spring fever" to kick in.

As far as a target ticket buyer, it would not so much be the kids parents or grandparents in the program, but folks like you guys (and gals) who would pay a modest ticket price for a chance to win a cool car.

We will either do 2500 tickets at $50 or 5000 at $25. I personaly like the better odds but that is just me. Thoughts?

The local dealer has about 6 on the lot now and one with the HS (white/blk stripe) and several with rally's. I did not really like the looks of the white with HS so any other pictures would be great. Where can I find some?

All of the looking has me sort of wanting one now. Looks like I could fit a couple hockey bags in the trunk. Cant do that with my Corvette!

Anymore ideas are sure welcome! Thanks
Old 08-17-2010, 10:55 PM   #11
dad2bjo

Car Raffle has started!

Car is orderd and the raffle has started! 2011 2SS/RS , red with white hockey stripes.

Drawing will be held on 4/9/11 in Beloit WI. This is a benefit for Beloit Youth Hockey and 10% of our profits will be donated to a local Veterans group. $20 per ticket and you can buy a ticket via pay-pal here:

www.winachevycamaro.com

I am not sure if it is ok for me to post this website however I have asked the admin about paying for advertising and have not heard anything back. If a mod or someone could help by sending me a PM it would be much appreciated.

Thanks for all the help and your support of BYHA and Veterans!