Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Dyno Max
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 07-02-2010, 08:34 PM   #1
Medieval Peanut

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT2 RS
Rear Side Marker DIY?

I tried searching the forums and google and can't find anything on how to replace the rear side markers without removing the rear bumper.

I hear of a mythical "trap door" on the inside of the trunk.

On the front there was a space I was able to get a screwdriver through that doesn't appear to be in the back not to mention that I would need a much longer screwdriver than I own.
Medieval Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 02:05 PM   #2
Medieval Peanut

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT2 RS
so...gotta take the rear bumper off then I guess? I'll look up the tutorials for that was hoping there was some "secret" way of doing it like in the front which was pretty easy
Medieval Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 03:42 PM   #3
GSUNCSU
Watch This!

Drives: Super Charged 1SS/RS, M6, CGM
Be very cautious but I put a little tape around mine so I wouldn't scratch the paint and took my plastic trim tool and pulled the front side out until I could get a small screw driver to push the tab (the tab is about 1/3 back from the front side of the side marker) and I think I pushed the front part of the tab to the rear and they pulled right out. Of course they just pop back in.
K&N CAI, Wet Okole Seat Covers, MagnaFlow Street Perf. Ex. (Axle Back), MPD Hood, Gary's Customz ZL1 Fascia/Vented Fenders/Custom Stripes/Paint, AAC Afterburners/Fog Light Halos/Side Markers/Misc LEDs, Bee-Otch Air Freshener, Hurst Shifter and Line-Loc(APEX), RPI Splash Guards, MagnaCharger (Texas-Speed)(Installed by ME), Rx Catch Can and Breather, Billet Pulleys (SC2150), ARH Headers, LPE Twin Fuel Pump, Custom Blower Cam, Custom Tune TBArwhp, TBArwtorq, Boost Gauge and Single Pod (MTI)
GSUNCSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 05:38 PM   #4
amanc96

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS
You don't have to remove the whole bumper, just unscrew the sides and pop it out to get to the rear markers. Hopefully this helps.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=626
amanc96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 02:21 PM   #5
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
The mythical trap doors are really there. I too installed LED side markers and to make them blink I took apart the trunk lining. Lo and behold on each side is a "trap door." Each trap door has a rubber membrane on it and you can run the wire through this to get to the tail lights.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 04:35 PM   #6
hardt2788

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
here's how i did it:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99345
hardt2788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 12:23 PM   #7
CamaroSA

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS L99
just lay under the car and you will see the clip for the light push it and you will be done

just did mine few minutes ago
CamaroSA is offline   Reply With Quote