Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

The Sports Lounge Sports talk

Old 09-04-2010, 11:11 AM   #1
Jcalk052
Waiting No Longer!

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS here, 8/25/10!
Fantasy Football Question!!

Guys,

I drafted my fantasy team last night in a 12 team PPR, no bench league (free agents used as subs). I've won this league 3 times and feel my team is solid:

QB- Jay Cutler
WR-Randy Moss
WR- Steve Smith (NYG)
RB- Rashard Mendenhall
RB- Ryan Mathews
FLEX- JerMichael Finley
K- Mason Crosby
D- Chargers

I had Arian Foster (RB Texans) on my radar and amazingly he never got drafted! I'm thinking about using 1 of my free trades right away to swap Finley for Foster...I would probably win the rushing title for sure. What do you guys think?!?!?

J.P.
Jcalk052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:22 AM   #2
Shardik2SS
How U Doin?

Drives: #21,644
I would definitely drop Finley for Foster. Cutler could either be boom or bust. As you know he's turnover prone and in a Mike Martz defense the QB needs time to find his receivers. Warner had an issue with turnovers under Martz and I'm afraid Cutler will too. The Bears offensive line is soft.
Shardik2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:43 AM   #3
Jcalk052
Waiting No Longer!

I agree with the Cutler pick, but only Kolb was available at that point as far as decent QBs go. Since it's a PPR league I held off at QB since I didn't get 1 of the big 3. I'm a Bears fan so it didn't feel as bad as it is! I'll drop him for Kolb at the 1st sign of trouble.

I'm leaning towards Foster. Our league pays out Overall Receving Yards, Rushing Yards and Passing yards. I figure I have a decent shot at Rushing/Receiving title this year and 1 or the other will put me over the top in their respective categories. If I get Foster I should lock up Rushing, with Finley, Moss and Smith, Receiving could be a lock. If Moss and Smith blow up, I shouldn't need a 3rd pass catcher, and Foster may add some receiving yards anyways.....God!!! This is a hard decision!!!
Old 09-04-2010, 11:51 AM   #4
Shardik2SS
How U Doin?

Don't get me wrong, I like Cutler personally, but he's scary to own. You never know what he'll do. good luck with your league!
Old 09-04-2010, 11:57 AM   #5
cm5217
2K10 SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 SIM black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
I would definitely drop Finley for Foster. Cutler could either be boom or bust. As you know he's turnover prone and in a Mike Martz defense the QB needs time to find his receivers. Warner had an issue with turnovers under Martz and I'm afraid Cutler will too. The Bears offensive line is soft.
You heard it hear first Finley will be the number one TE in the league this year so think long and hard before you drop Finley and if you didnt know the texans just picked up D. Ward off wavers from tampa may take a few touches away from foster. hey dont get me wrong i think foster is a stud but so is finley.
Tuned with HP tuners...LS3 Conversion With PAS spec 227/239 603/617 113 LSA comp cam...Circle D 3600 T.C....1 7/8 Kooks LT headers...Rotofab CAI W/ADM Scoop...VMax TB...Magnaflow 3" Catback...RX catch can...BMR Trailing Arms...BMR Toe Rods...BMR Pro rear cradle bushing kit...Smoked Lenses...Black Chrome SS rims...Black Bowties...Painted Stripes...Barton shifter...Hydro Dipped engine cover...Clear Shield bra (front clip and hood)...
cm5217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:22 PM   #6
Shardik2SS
How U Doin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm5217 View Post
You heard it hear first Finley will be the number one TE in the league this year so think long and hard before you drop Finley and if you didnt know the texans just picked up D. Ward off wavers from tampa may take a few touches away from foster. hey dont get me wrong i think foster is a stud but so is finley.
I like Finley but I highly doubt he'll be number one. Gates will see more catches than normal since Jackson is out and Dallas Clark is always a stud. Finley will be #5 at best. He still has Gonzo and Celek ahead of him too. I'd be surprised if Ward steals many carries from Foster. I'd be more worried about Slaton than Ward but Foster should be solid regardless
Old 09-05-2010, 12:05 AM   #7
Jcalk052
Waiting No Longer!

I banked on Finley being a number 1 TE, he is a monster! But I think from a pure touches standpoint, Foster will push me over the top. I made the switch this afternoon and I feel solid about it. I that pass attack will open up a lot of running lanes and dump off passes in Houston. Catches plus touches, I think he will pay off in the long run.....but I will have Finley flagged just in case.

Side note....C.J. Spiller is still out there too!