Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Fabberge
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 07-03-2010, 12:24 AM   #1
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Why is it always.....

I went to order my 2011 this week...I know some time has passed, but figured I would share my experience for others who plan to do so soon....I just want to know why is it always like pulling teeth?

I arrive well prepared for a fight...and while I didn't get a fight, the blatant ignorance was somewhat annoying. I arrive with the 2011 figures, and the sales person prepares to tell me she doesn't have the pricing. Also that she really doesn't want to discuss pricing too much, until those numbers are provided to her...

I present her with the pricing provided by the good friends at Camaro5. She seems shocked...and honestly, I do believe she didn't know. She knew that little about the camaro. Her manager who is responsible for building/ordering vehicles there however did know, because she immediately returns with exact MSRP.....and that pissed me off. Because it was made blatantly clear their goal was to see how high I could go. Already on the right foot...I mean at what point do you see a guy with a huge stack of papers and specs on a car who knows what he wants, knows the price..and you still pull that shit.

I made it simple as pie....I said want a 2011 2SS/RS IBM A6. That's it...nothing more, and I won't pay over MSRP. Yet I still manage to sit there for 2 hours and we aren't even discussing financing yet. Then I see a huge figure one room down...it's Vince Carter of the Orlando Magic...now it makes sense. Every salesperson wants a piece...

After what I can only assume was a intimate orgy of sales and Mr. Carter...my salesperson returns. She proceeds to tell me my car should be built mid July if the order is accepted. I informed her of the summer shutdown in Canada and again...another blank stare. Regardless she returns with an offer of 37k. Which for what I was buying...I was happy with. She then decides to conclude by offering me some 399 dollar UV protectant which I decline. Many of you may think I am crazy...but in the long run, I got what I wanted. A car at or below MSRP selling for less than many of their 2010s on their lot. I don't think the salesperson was being deceptive, the manager on the other hand concerned me, although when he saw how prepared I was he seemed to realize any up-selling was a lost cause. I didn't need a camaro gu-ru to sell me the car, because I knew what I wanted and what I needed.

There were some more issues I had, but those questions were all later answered by the GM parts managers...and this post is getting to long to discuss.

I just wanted to post to give anyone who is going in to order soon a heads up...come prepared...come with pricing and the options you want ALREADY SELECTED. Pick the price you are willing to pay and do not deviate from it...period

Here is my question to dealers on this website who have experience ordering....when you track your order can you see the specifics? Can you see what order details..such as color and options? I know what the paper says that they handed me...I just have a feeling im going to get a completely wack ass order and its going to be in synergy green.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:05 AM   #2
The Viz

Drives: Everything
yes, when you look up an order number, it shows a list of option codes

"God help the child who grows out of everything"
The Viz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:06 AM   #3
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
I went to order my 2011 this week...I just want to know why is it always like pulling teeth?

I arrive well prepared for a fight...
Well, that could be a reason right there. Just saying. If you look for a fight, you'll probably find one. Not picking sides, just sayin.
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 03:19 PM   #4
brantley847
v It bites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
Well, that could be a reason right there. Just saying. If you look for a fight, you'll probably find one. Not picking sides, just sayin.
I actually came in with EXTREMELY high spirits because I had been in contact with this dealer for months..and hell people...we are ordering a CAMARO!! if that doesnt get you in a good mood I don't know what will....but in the back of my mind I just wondered "will they pull that same sleaze". Sure enough, tried WELL over msrp (not just a few thousand over), tried 700 dollar dealer fee, and tried the 400 dollar "paint sealant". They have 2010 1SS without an RS package or Ground FX on their lot for 45k. Are you sh--ing me? (before I get burned I did not see that until I was leaving....and yes, I got a signed paper with my sig, the sales persons sig, and the managers sig that this price of 37k would not change.

The saleswoman even told me she would have my order accepted and ready for production next week. I told her the plant was on a two week shutdown..and yet another blank stare. Now...I had no problem waiting because if I wait..I just put a larger down payment on the vehicle. I have waited my whole life for my own camaro, whats another 2-3 months?

I agree there are absolutely some GREAT salespersons and dealerships across the country. But when one asks you for a 1000 dollar deposit (refundable or NOT) without giving you any pricing or not even wanting to discuss it until she saw I had a full GM pricing sheet...then the about face.

If I had not came prepared for that, I would have been rammed in the ass, period....so I agree as a salesman yourself you have a different perspective, and you don't want to pick sides...but this is not one of those dealers where I would stick my neck out for.

This post was only a warning to others who are going to dealerships that are not quite as friendly as you, Camaro Scotty, and some other reputable individuals I have seen posting here.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:22 PM   #5
brantley847
v It bites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Viz View Post
yes, when you look up an order number, it shows a list of option codes
Thank you sir...

I was just curious because I fully anticipate my imperial blue met. to be a synergy green, pink, or purple...just because
Old 07-03-2010, 04:12 PM   #6
Bluestreak 2010

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro LS
Gotta love IBM! I ordered mine and had no problems with any of my options being messed up, definitely the way to go.
Attached Images

Bluestreak 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:16 PM   #7
Texhawk

Drives: 69 Camaro, 87IROC, 96 SS, Z06 & 2LT
Why don't you just ask the dealer to print you a copy of the order. Mine did.

Also, there was no deposit or firm commitment to buy.
The dealer said he had an allottment to order 4 Camaros on Thursday, so just tell him what options I wanted and he would order one of them like that. If I liked it when it came in, I had first choice.
Texhawk is offline   Reply With Quote