Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Flowmaster Exhaust
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 07-04-2010, 10:53 PM   #1
Pumpkin1LT

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Question Having a hard time deciding.. LED or CCFL!?

I'm all set to get my Halo's in my headlights and fogs. I already have the CCFL Afterburners. I don't particularly like the "dotted" look of the LEDs however I am concerned about the CCFL Halos becoming too hot and bursting from the heat and gas pressure in the tubes. That would be a huge mess and possibly quite dangerous. I have Xenon plasma 6K bulbs in my headlights and they get hot super fast. Granted I do not drive my car very much, but it doesnt take much time for these bulbs to get heated up. So, I am leaning towards the LEDs on a Key FOB remote. But i really want to keep everything "uniform" and go with the cleaner smoother look of the CCFLs. Am I doing the smarter safer thing by going with the LEDs!? Or am I just being overly cautious?

A happy wife is one in the garage getting dirty under her 2010 Camaro!
Pumpkin1LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 11:09 PM   #2
gregg37

Drives: 2010 Camaro - Synergy Edition
You really don't see the individual LED "dots" unless you are within a few feet of them or they they are on a steady low setting.
My halo and grill Lighting - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZgYRq8vP3g
gregg37 is offline   Reply With Quote