Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 07-06-2010, 12:25 PM   #1
Amanda
Givin em hell since 87'

Drives: 2011 SW 1SS M6
Getting Antzy

My car will finish its railroad journey today in West Chicago Illinois at 1:34 ( or so the UP trace system says!!!) I live near Madison so the trip up here SHOULDNT take more than a few hours... but something tells me I still have a few days. What were ya'lls experience with the delivery of your car once it is done with the RR portion of delivery? I would really like to pick up my car tomorrow or thursday!!!

Amanda

p.s. camaro tracking has not updated yet today thats kind of annoying!
Amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:01 PM   #2
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
My car will finish its railroad journey today in West Chicago Illinois at 1:34 ( or so the UP trace system says!!!) I live near Madison so the trip up here SHOULDNT take more than a few hours... but something tells me I still have a few days. What were ya'lls experience with the delivery of your car once it is done with the RR portion of delivery? I would really like to pick up my car tomorrow or thursday!!!

Amanda

p.s. camaro tracking has not updated yet today thats kind of annoying!
Your car could be delivered to the dealer right away if there's an almost full car hauler ready to go OR it could take a few days up to a week to load a "fresh" car hauler going in your direction. It's pretty much luck of the draw.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:04 PM   #3
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
it's almost that time
Old 07-06-2010, 01:17 PM   #4
~Stacy~

Drives: 10 camaro 13 cruze
CAR

The waiting part is the hardest. I signed my contract on Thursday and had to wait till Monday night to take delivery. It seemed like FOREVER Now I have been a proud owner for 5 months and going on 6. Early congrats! Get the camaro on the road soon
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:25 PM   #5
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Does Madison get it's cars from the Chicago yard too? I could take up to another week.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:58 PM   #6
Rockies4

Drives: PT Cruiser 02
Mine took a couple of weeks to reach California. Once it arrived in the state, it was about 2 days before it arrived at the dealership (central California).

Tell your sellsperson that you want to take a picture of it on the truck when it arrives.

And look around at everyone once you drive it off the lot. It's a real kicker.

Enjoy!

Rockies4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:17 PM   #7
Amanda
Givin em hell since 87'

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Does Madison get it's cars from the Chicago yard too? I could take up to another week.

When I call the UP it says something like "delivered to industry in West Chicago"

I REALLYYYY hope it gets here soon! It just seems too close to take another week but I understand their not gonna drive the truck with only one car on it...
Old 07-06-2010, 06:26 PM   #8
Huck1974
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
When I call the UP it says something like "delivered to industry in West Chicago"

I REALLYYYY hope it gets here soon! It just seems too close to take another week but I understand their not gonna drive the truck with only one car on it...
At least you get something. Mine was produced on the 28th and left on a train. Beyond that, it does not tell me anything. I had a vin and confirmation it hit a train on the 29th. I also know that my dealer ordered a full truck load with mine. Maybe tomorrow.

Cam kit is sitting in the living room with the wheels and tires. Top mount turbo headers coming soon. Time to stockpile parts has already come.

I'm having a Cam party with my buddies next Saturday.

Keep us posted.
Called my dealer but he was on the golf course and said he would check on things in the morning.
Huck1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:45 PM   #9
Amanda
Givin em hell since 87'

I did not get my info from camarotracking... I had to call the CP or UP railroad customer service number... just click on the rail car number next to your status and it tells you the number to call and what numbers to punch in... My freaking camaro tracking has not updated since the 29th. If you have trouble finding the number I can get it for you.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:10 PM   #10
Huck1974
Account Suspended

been there, done that..
I get "status unavailable"

I'm sure I can get some kind of status from my dealer tomorrow.

Keep us posted.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:11 PM   #11
recontango

Drives: Synergy Green
Pics with you and the car when you get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2010, 09:00 PM   #12
Orange5thGen

Drives: 2011 Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Yep about a week.....I Think....I can go get some pics in the yard if it's still here somewhere......hehe
Come see me at www.chicago5thgen.com TEAM LLT, , 2011 Covertible 1LT RS, JDM Color Shift Halo's, Showstopper Camaro Bowtie Led Mirrors, Side Markers and Engine Cover, Pace Setter Catback Exhaust, BK Coilover Kit, 21" Full Crome GM wheels, Tinted windows, I WIN BEARS Plate. Full amber ABL dash and door update with IOM interior panels.
Orange5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:44 PM   #13
Kurushio

Drives: 2011 CGM 1LT RS (M6)
How bad is it when I'M excited for a complete stranger to be getting the Camaro soon lol. Cant wait to feel what you do lol.
Kurushio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:55 PM   #14
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Interesting to know that they come through Chitiown, but then again, the rails around here are owned by CN now, so I guess not that surprising. Perhaps that means that I can see mine before it gets to Camaro Scotty!!

Hope yours gets there soon!
Toasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:57 AM   #15
Huck1974
Account Suspended

Finally got a response from the rail lines this morning. Mine was unloaded three hours away from here yesterday afternoon. I'm sure I'll see it today or tommorow.