Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission Tune and diagnostics for engines and auto transmission.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2010, 06:18 PM   #1
naga
Always be positive!!!
 
naga's Avatar
 
Drives: IMB 1ss/ MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: west palm beach/ FL
Posts: 189
Exclamation Got My Diablo Sport Tunner today!!!

hey guys I have a question?? the guy who installed the diablo tunner on to my car, he installed the the tune called diablo tunne... is that the right tune for my car?? i mean i have seen 89, 91 and 93 octain tunnes but on my device didnt have anything like that!!! all it had was a tune called diablo!!! so would like to know if that is the correct tune???
naga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:30 PM   #2
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,882
That's the 93 tune... so if you are running 93 you are good to go..
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:31 PM   #3
naga
Always be positive!!!
 
naga's Avatar
 
Drives: IMB 1ss/ MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: west palm beach/ FL
Posts: 189
awesome thanks man!!!! appriciate that!!!!
naga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:44 PM   #4
maxpower5
 
maxpower5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: peoria, il
Posts: 425
diablo, superchip, hypertech, etc - these are all flash tunes you can buy and do yourself (not sure why you had someone else install your diablo tune - if you can read, you can do it) - they are all generic tunes - you need a custom tune - send that flash tune back and get a custom tune.

i HAD a diablosport predator - my custom hp tune kicks its ass.
maxpower5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:03 PM   #5
naga
Always be positive!!!
 
naga's Avatar
 
Drives: IMB 1ss/ MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: west palm beach/ FL
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower5 View Post
diablo, superchip, hypertech, etc - these are all flash tunes you can buy and do yourself (not sure why you had someone else install your diablo tune - if you can read, you can do it) - they are all generic tunes - you need a custom tune - send that flash tune back and get a custom tune.

i HAD a diablosport predator - my custom hp tune kicks its ass.

I can read !!! He installed it so that I could check it out on my way back home!!! i would love to get a custom tune, but the thing is that I do not want to lose my warrenty on my car!!! If something happens to my car i might have to take it back to the dealers and get it fixed, with diablo i can reinstall the factory tune!!!
naga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:14 PM   #6
2SSCAMARO

 
2SSCAMARO's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro Auto
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fl
Posts: 809
Let me guess..... this thread will now go on for a long long long time!
2SSCAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:36 PM   #7
06MonteSS_2
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2006 Monte Carlo SS
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 41
Send a message via AIM to 06MonteSS_2 Send a message via MSN to 06MonteSS_2 Send a message via Yahoo to 06MonteSS_2
you can get a custom tune made specifically for your car that you can use with your diablo predator!

that way, you can still restore the original backup stock tune to your car at any time, plus have the added benefit of the custom tune with more giddy-up... quicker throttle response, faster acceleration, stronger/harder pull, and better mileage to boot!

Last edited by 06MonteSS_2; 07-30-2010 at 08:20 AM.
06MonteSS_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:02 PM   #8
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06MonteSS_2 View Post
you can get a custom tune made specifically for your car that you can use with your diablo predator!

that way, you can still restore the original backup stock tune to your car at any time, plus have the added benefit of the custom tune with more giddy-up... quicker throttle response, faster acceleration, stronger/harder pull, and better mileage to boot!
Nice First Post Monte... Welcome to the Forums...

NAGA - enjoy what you have... the Diablo tune is a good one.

If you get into modding your car some more like LT Headers then you can get a custom tune loaded into your Diablo and still have the ability to restore it to stock any time you want.
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:17 PM   #9
maxpower5
 
maxpower5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: peoria, il
Posts: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by naga View Post
I can read !!! He installed it so that I could check it out on my way back home!!! i would love to get a custom tune, but the thing is that I do not want to lose my warrenty on my car!!! If something happens to my car i might have to take it back to the dealers and get it fixed, with diablo i can reinstall the factory tune!!!
i understand your concern - i waited until i had my car almost a year and about 14,000 miles before i wanted to possibly void my warranty. there are many cases that the tune will not void your warranty - but you never know. ive talked to guys that put on performance parts and tune vehicles for a living - they've told me that in many cases, when a camaro they put headers on or tuned or both in which the owner later had a prob, the factory warranty covered it.

in the end you'll obviously do whats right for you. the difference between the diablo tune and the custom hp tune is night and day and i wanted you to know that.
maxpower5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:23 PM   #10
naga
Always be positive!!!
 
naga's Avatar
 
Drives: IMB 1ss/ MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: west palm beach/ FL
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06MonteSS_2 View Post
you can get a custom tune made specifically for your car that you can use with your diablo predator!

that way, you can still restore the original backup stock tune to your car at any time, plus have the added benefit of the custom tune with more giddy-up... quicker throttle response, faster acceleration, stronger/harder pull, and better mileage to boot!

how do i do that!! at the moment i have an atak exhaust and a K&N CAI and possibly LT headers in the future!!! my question is? is it ok to get a custom tune with the mods that i have? because i dont see much of a difference with the diablo stock tune!!!! where and how do i get the custom tune done into my diablo??
naga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:24 PM   #11
naga
Always be positive!!!
 
naga's Avatar
 
Drives: IMB 1ss/ MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: west palm beach/ FL
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower5 View Post
i understand your concern - i waited until i had my car almost a year and about 14,000 miles before i wanted to possibly void my warranty. there are many cases that the tune will not void your warranty - but you never know. ive talked to guys that put on performance parts and tune vehicles for a living - they've told me that in many cases, when a camaro they put headers on or tuned or both in which the owner later had a prob, the factory warranty covered it.

in the end you'll obviously do whats right for you. the difference between the diablo tune and the custom hp tune is night and day and i wanted you to know that.
ohhh ok i understand now!! thanks
naga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:28 PM   #12
naga
Always be positive!!!
 
naga's Avatar
 
Drives: IMB 1ss/ MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: west palm beach/ FL
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Nice First Post Monte... Welcome to the Forums...

NAGA - enjoy what you have... the Diablo tune is a good one.

If you get into modding your car some more like LT Headers then you can get a custom tune loaded into your Diablo and still have the ability to restore it to stock any time you want.

the thing is that I do not see much of a difference with a diablo stock tune and i did not know that I could get a custom tune done for my diablo kit!!! I also would like to know whether is it ok to do a custom tune with the mods that I have (current mods ATAK exhaust, K&N CAI). would love to know if its ok to get a custom tune and where & how can i get it done??? please!!!
naga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:39 PM   #13
maxpower5
 
maxpower5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: peoria, il
Posts: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by naga View Post
the thing is that I do not see much of a difference with a diablo stock tune and i did not know that I could get a custom tune done for my diablo kit!!! I also would like to know whether is it ok to do a custom tune with the mods that I have (current mods ATAK exhaust, K&N CAI). would love to know if its ok to get a custom tune and where & how can i get it done??? please!!!
a custom tune will help your b/c of you exhaust and not sure if it will benefit your cai. you'll prob pick up 15 rwhp from the tune alone. despite the claim that the diablosport predator tune itself will give you 20 rwhp - its just not true - not at all. cant help you with findng someone to help with a custom tune, but i used to live in ft lauderdale - davie specifically.

good luck.
maxpower5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:50 PM   #14
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by naga View Post
the thing is that I do not see much of a difference with a diablo stock tune and i did not know that I could get a custom tune done for my diablo kit!!! I also would like to know whether is it ok to do a custom tune with the mods that I have (current mods ATAK exhaust, K&N CAI). would love to know if its ok to get a custom tune and where & how can i get it done??? please!!!
You can get a custom tune any time you want, but you've already spent money for a good tune that is about as good as it gets for your car now. Contact Monte or Jannetty Racing and they can send you one through e-mail. I have a Jannetty Tune on mine right now...

You're also not going to notice it in the seat of your pants but you should see improved gas mileage and track times etc. If you have an Auto, the Trans Tune is where you will really feel the difference. Diablo is supposed to have that part complete sometime in the next couple of years.

Also, you have already technically blown your drivetrain warranty... a tune is a tune. I doubt you will have problems though just want to be clear on that. Your original tune is always saved in the Diablo so you can restore, but whether the dealer actually checks to see if it's been tuned before is another story.
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:56 PM   #15
naga
Always be positive!!!
 
naga's Avatar
 
Drives: IMB 1ss/ MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: west palm beach/ FL
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower5 View Post
a custom tune will help your b/c of you exhaust and not sure if it will benefit your cai. you'll prob pick up 15 rwhp from the tune alone. despite the claim that the diablosport predator tune itself will give you 20 rwhp - its just not true - not at all. cant help you with findng someone to help with a custom tune, but i used to live in ft lauderdale - davie specifically.

good luck.
your right because I did not feel the 20RWHP gain!!! not at all!!! i hope my investment on this is worth:(...
naga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:52 AM   #16
06MonteSS_2
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2006 Monte Carlo SS
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 41
Send a message via AIM to 06MonteSS_2 Send a message via MSN to 06MonteSS_2 Send a message via Yahoo to 06MonteSS_2
Quote:
Originally Posted by naga View Post
the thing is that I do not see much of a difference with a diablo stock tune and i did not know that I could get a custom tune done for my diablo kit!!! I also would like to know whether is it ok to do a custom tune with the mods that I have (current mods ATAK exhaust, K&N CAI). would love to know if its ok to get a custom tune and where & how can i get it done??? please!!!
yes, it's perfectly fine to do a custom tune with your setup... replied to your PM...

Last edited by 06MonteSS_2; 07-30-2010 at 08:20 AM.
06MonteSS_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:01 AM   #17
06MonteSS_2
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2006 Monte Carlo SS
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 41
Send a message via AIM to 06MonteSS_2 Send a message via MSN to 06MonteSS_2 Send a message via Yahoo to 06MonteSS_2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Nice First Post Monte... Welcome to the Forums...

NAGA - enjoy what you have... the Diablo tune is a good one.

If you get into modding your car some more like LT Headers then you can get a custom tune loaded into your Diablo and still have the ability to restore it to stock any time you want.
hahahah... thanks mlee... this is 06MonteSS... had to create a new account cuz my other one got hosed up... so, 06MonteSS_2 is my new name here...

so yeah, this is actually more than my first post hahah....

Last edited by 06MonteSS_2; 07-30-2010 at 08:21 AM.
06MonteSS_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:37 AM   #18
Flynnaz
Wicked Camaro
 
Flynnaz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,412
Send a message via MSN to Flynnaz Send a message via Yahoo to Flynnaz Send a message via Skype™ to Flynnaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by naga View Post
your right because I did not feel the 20RWHP gain!!! not at all!!! i hope my investment on this is worth:(...
I felt the same way when I put my Diablo tune on, having a manual transmission. But I have tried taking it off and putting it on a number of times, and I can say it does get it some "balls" I do not know how to explain it better. Try it your self do the same road, same shift's.
Flynnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:24 PM   #19
nards444

 
nards444's Avatar
 
Drives: 1SS/RS Black
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New york
Posts: 2,128
Where can you get custom tunes to download to the diablo? Also I have the muffler delete and once i put the 93 OCTANE tune in i notice the popping noise in the exhaust went down.
__________________
2010 1SS/RS Black, CGM stripes, polished Rims, Tinted windows, Hurst shifter
nards444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:19 AM   #20
06MonteSS_2
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2006 Monte Carlo SS
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 41
Send a message via AIM to 06MonteSS_2 Send a message via MSN to 06MonteSS_2 Send a message via Yahoo to 06MonteSS_2
custom tunes need to be made from copies of YOUR tune files, because they are tied to a vehicles VIN and engine calibration ID's... so they just can't be shared or downloaded from anywhere... you'd need to get in touch with a diablosport CMR custom tuner for a custom tune...

Last edited by 06MonteSS_2; 07-30-2010 at 08:24 AM.
06MonteSS_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:52 PM   #21
tman52804
 
tman52804's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 169
So, I debate on SCT or Diablo? Which do you guys prefer and why?
__________________
2010 2SS/RS
3" MagnaflowComp Series Exhaust
Airaid CAI
MGW Short throw shifter
Kooks LT Headers/Hi flow Cats
Vmax TB
tman52804 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question about Diablo SPort Predator Tune ttazzijr700 Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission 26 05-23-2013 09:45 PM
Car Stalls After Installing Diablo Sport Tune willie247 Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission 11 06-30-2010 01:28 PM
Diablo sport Predator for sale USED RBC2010SSRS V8 - Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons, Tuning Equipment 3 05-04-2010 08:49 PM
Diablo Sport Tuning trudawg660 Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 64 12-04-2009 10:20 PM
Some are saying that customer order production started TODAY GLBL WMR Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 70 03-17-2009 01:07 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.