Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:30 PM   #1
Edlocs
IECC

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM
Center Console gets HOT

Anyone else have their center console get hot to the touch after running for an hour or more in traffic? Been stuck in traffic coupe of times and I have noticed the center console, where the cup holders are at gets hot. I haven't taken it to the dealer, yet, need to make an appointment. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue. OR maybe its normal.
Mods: CAI Intake, Eibach Springs and Sway bars, Clear Bra, Borla Sport Catback, AAC Side Markers, DJG Phantom Hidden Headlight Grille, Suncoast Creation Functional Hood, Anvil Notched Spoiler, Custom Painted Stripes, Mail Slot Delete, 3D Carbon Fender Vets

Edlocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
jtzako

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
Havent noticed but my drives are only 30-45 minutes so maybe just not long enough.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:58 PM   #3
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edlocs View Post
Anyone else have their center console get hot to the touch after running for an hour or more in traffic? Been stuck in traffic coupe of times and I have noticed the center console, where the cup holders are at gets hot. I haven't taken it to the dealer, yet, need to make an appointment. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue. OR maybe its normal.
Maybe you have an insulation issue or exhaust leak right under the console?
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 02:05 PM   #4
firefighter1

Drives: 625 rwhp red jewel ss COTW 11-8-10
Yeah I have noticed this the last two times I have driven it on long road trips. Something I noticed yesterday though was that the heat was concentrated more on the drivers side of the console. The passenger side of the console was cool to the touch but the drivers side was hot!!!
Old 07-11-2010, 05:44 PM   #5
Edlocs
IECC

Its mostly on the passenger side I feel. The cup holders get hot/warm to the point it would be pointless to put a cold drink in there. I made an appointment, hopefully I'll get an answer this week. I will post what the dealer says/does.
Mods: CAI Intake, Eibach Springs and Sway bars, Clear Bra, Borla Sport Catback, AAC Side Markers, DJG Phantom Hidden Headlight Grille, Suncoast Creation Functional Hood, Anvil Notched Spoiler, Custom Painted Stripes, Mail Slot Delete, 3D Carbon Fender Vets

Old 07-11-2010, 06:58 PM   #6
jtzako

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
Well, the clamps from Cats to Exhaust are right around that area of the car though they arent quite that for toward center. Maybe double check they are tight. There should also be silver heat shielding under the car in that area so make sure it is still in place.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:03 PM   #7
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
I took my 2011 2LT/RS, automatic, on a 2 1/2 hr drive yesterday, and also noticed that the center console was very warm compared to the passenger side. I am taking it in on Saturday to see if something was not put on during assembly.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:30 PM   #8
LC
ou mai gad

Drives: SW 2SS x2
It's normal... check your door codes for the coffe cup heater accesory..
Old 07-12-2010, 11:49 PM   #9
siriusdish

Drives: Nothing "On the site for my Dad"
same here 2ss L99
siriusdish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:42 PM   #10
Edlocs
IECC

OK, I took my car into the dealer. At first they tried to give me several excuses why it maybe hot from " the center console is lighted" to " the center console has lots of cables running through it" . I told them I wanted checked out and they did. 3 hours later they call me saying the console has all the insulation that is required and that they could not find a problem. (NOT SURPRISED) at the point. They told that I could bring it back when the symptoms occur. SO now I need to find some traffic before they close and hope the car gets hot :(.

Old 07-13-2010, 05:49 PM   #11
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC View Post
It's normal... check your door codes for the coffe cup heater accesory..
Old 01-09-2012, 09:14 PM   #12
ManOfTheMinute

Drives: 2012 Ashen Grey L99
I know its been a while, but has anyone discovered what caused this problem?
ManOfTheMinute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:08 AM   #13
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
When I did some wiring work in the center console where I was feeling it was warm I noticed that there is no insulation on the transmission hump. Right below that area are the CATS. The only thing there was some carpet. I am going to put some Dynamat down in that area and it will be better.

Of course when I took it to the dealer they could not duplicate the problem as you have to drive it for about an hour or more and I was not going to let them joy ride.

Yes, I could have taken it on a long drive, but when you get to the dealer you have to wait to see a service advisor, and worse it takes longer to get the car into a mechanic, and by that time it is cooled down.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote