Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2010, 11:50 AM   #188
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by rez333 View Post
Absolutely not. If you want that, go watch all the other boring and sterilized car shows out there. If you want to watch Top Gear, understand what kind of show it is before making such ridiculous statements.
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:54 AM   #189
RipperFox
Grrr!!!
 
RipperFox's Avatar
 
Drives: BLK/IOM '11 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: OK
Posts: 380
I watched the 370Z and the Camaro epidodes. They loved the 370Z on the track. "The handling, awesome...etc"

Jeremy did that review.

But the SS was .4 seconds slower than that 800# lighter car, and its a turd? This is amazing out of Jeremy.

Journalists? They have no integrity.

Every other car that is truely in the SS's class, Roush mustang, Viper, Shelby GT500 Mustang, was beaten

Used to watch the show with out fail, but now...idk
I know its just entertainment, but hypocrisy is something I cant stand.
RipperFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:19 PM   #190
xlr8nova
 
Drives: nova
Join Date: May 2009
Location: whitehall
Posts: 15
Actually I thought Clarkston went really easy on the Camaro. He didn't call it rubbish, he just was making a statement that it's not the kind of car a dignitary would drive. But that's what American Muscle cars are about. Cars that people can actually afford.

And very true, a more apples to apples would be for them to compare a Livernois, Ligenfelter, Hennesy, etc to an AMG Mercedes. They just do comparisions like that to stir the pot. Anybody that watches the show on a regular basis knows it.
xlr8nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:24 PM   #191
ares2596
 
Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT W/Black
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4
Well of course its twice the car its twice the freakin price... besides its a german car,
And could somebody PLEASE go out and test the 2lt already, everybody is talking about the V8 thich is soooo much heavier, but nobody goes out and tests the lighter V6 :bangdesk: :bangdesk:
ares2596 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:24 PM   #192
sik68
 
sik68's Avatar
 
Drives: 1968 Camaro, 2002 Subaru WRX
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 86
That Top Gear segment was an ego check. SS v E63 is an odd comparison yes, but they did mention multiple times that it was nearly twice the price. The episode was meant to show that there are multiple price points in the muscle car game. The SS is a level 1 or 2 muscle car...the E63 is simply on a different level. The price, the power, the handling, the comfort all reflect that.

PS: the E63 AMG is still actually a 6.2 liter, it's just Merc. naming semantics. Also, the Viper power lap was an extremely wet lap.
sik68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:30 PM   #193
electlatino
 
electlatino's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS with RS and Ground Effects
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 273
we all expected clarkson to hate it and hammond to love it. i think what most people are upset about is we didn't expect them to do a comparison. the comparison took away a lot that could have been reviewed about the camaro, and we all expected them to go over more.

i also don't think the comparison is fair, but it was still entertaining. i do wish they had used a LS3 and on my tv, it looked like a VR with black stripes, not IOM. maybe it was my tv.

we all buy the car we want, fully knowing there are other cars out there that are: more expensive, less expensive, more horsepower, faster times, more horspower, more torque, better features. but we buy what we like.
__________________
JBA full system, RotoFab CAI and w/w relocated, ADM scoop, tune, NLP spoiler....more to come
electlatino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:29 PM   #194
69copo
Sorry officer
 
69copo's Avatar
 
Drives: CTS/V 2SS/RS Collector
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cleveland OH
Posts: 115
Send a message via Yahoo to 69copo
Hello all....It's been quite awhile since I've been on here but I feel I must reply to this video. What did everyone expect to happen? It's a British show. Hammond is the only one who likes what he likes with out bias. Clarkson (the tall older one), has a bias towards anything not European. However the cars are very equal on paper and that was the grounds for the test. I own a few different cars and when you compare a Mercedes to a Camaro the Chevy does look like a little "unrefined". Sorry guys I know we love them but it's true. However if they would have compared the Camaro to the Mustang it would have been closer and more realistic. The AMG is a hand built and tuned vehicle. The Camaro is a mass produced sports car for the general population the AMG is not. Clarkson's comment that the Camaro is the car of murders is funny but I understand why he said it. Imagine that every time you saw a Jaguar it was being driven by some Mohawk wearing, middle finger waving, swearing and ignorant punk. What would your opinion be then. When are Camaro's shown? At drag races and running from the cops on the nightly news. They don't show the love and pride and responsible ownership that we here try to maintain. It's not AMG or M Power or even GM's own V-Series. The Camaro is a hairy chested, Metallica blasting slice of America and I wouldn't have it any other way .
__________________
Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.
69copo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:29 PM   #195
ChevyCobb
 
ChevyCobb's Avatar
 
Drives: Corvette Z06
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 52
For those that wanted them talk about the Camaro more...

What more would you want him to say that hasnt already been said in similar holden or vauxhall reviews?
ChevyCobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:33 PM   #196
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyCobb View Post
For those that wanted them talk about the Camaro more...

What more would you want him to say that hasnt already been said in similar holden or vauxhall reviews?
True - but I remember more positive comments about those reviews. I can see the bias that so many others have noticed, but I had an idea what to expect from them, and they didn't miss their mark. If someone doesn't like a car, they just don't.

It's an entertainment show - that is all.
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:46 PM   #197
PatrickfromMD
 
PatrickfromMD's Avatar
 
Drives: Navigator/Corvette/2010 Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 415
I looked up the test of the Mustang GT 500 w/ 500 hp. It was up against the Roush tuned GT 500.
Their time around the test track was 1:30 and 1:28 respectively.
I think that seeing the Camaro (at 1:27) beat out both those cars puts things in a better perspective.
(And look at the Dodge Viper SRT-10 at 1:28.5, not to mention the corvette at 1:26.8now that’s something)
__________________

***56K miles and still going strong***
2SS/RS IOM ext w/cyber grey stripes, tinted windows, IO int Auto
ProTorque prototype Converter, Chuck Mosello of Westchester Corvettes Custom Tune
T&T installed SLP Longtubes, Powerflow X Pipe, and Powerflow axle back
JL 10W3 in custom side sub box, new door tweeters, Alpine 5ch 600 watt
T&T configured ACS front Fascia w/ heritage grill, splitter, dual color halos, , led markers, taillight bezels , all accented in CGM
Gary Custom Z vented fenders. Vararam ver 2
PatrickfromMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:02 PM   #198
76z28
 
76z28's Avatar
 
Drives: 1976 camaro
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: bakersfield
Posts: 472
exactly why i dont like top gear...or motortrend
76z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:04 PM   #199
acamellis
IAMACE
 
acamellis's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black A6
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 147
Send a message via AIM to acamellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69copo View Post
Hello all....It's been quite awhile since I've been on here but I feel I must reply to this video. What did everyone expect to happen? It's a British show. Hammond is the only one who likes what he likes with out bias. Clarkson (the tall older one), has a bias towards anything not European. However the cars are very equal on paper and that was the grounds for the test. I own a few different cars and when you compare a Mercedes to a Camaro the Chevy does look like a little "unrefined". Sorry guys I know we love them but it's true. However if they would have compared the Camaro to the Mustang it would have been closer and more realistic. The AMG is a hand built and tuned vehicle. The Camaro is a mass produced sports car for the general population the AMG is not. Clarkson's comment that the Camaro is the car of murders is funny but I understand why he said it. Imagine that every time you saw a Jaguar it was being driven by some Mohawk wearing, middle finger waving, swearing and ignorant punk. What would your opinion be then. When are Camaro's shown? At drag races and running from the cops on the nightly news. They don't show the love and pride and responsible ownership that we here try to maintain. It's not AMG or M Power or even GM's own V-Series. The Camaro is a hairy chested, Metallica blasting slice of America and I wouldn't have it any other way .
brotha. Wouldn't have it any other way either.
I own an SL55 AMG and it is now the wife's car.
I love my mullet wearing, swearing SS!!!
acamellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:06 PM   #200
len56
 
len56's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010, or 2011 Yellow Camaro2LT
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 337
the sound coming out of that AMG....

the camaro was nice aswell
__________________
camaro love.
len56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:15 PM   #201
SilverTurtle
Reality Check Specialist
 
SilverTurtle's Avatar
 
Drives: '02 Z28, 2012 45th SS
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: ATX
Posts: 1,725
Send a message via AIM to SilverTurtle Send a message via Yahoo to SilverTurtle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin the BlueSS View Post
look at some of the cars the camaro beat out and it is pretty impresive... too bad TG didnt point that our...

BMW M3 csl 1.28.0
Roush mustang 1.28.0
WRX Sti 1.28.2
Mitsubishi Evo X 1.28.22
Dodge viper srt-10 1.28.5
Ford Shelby GT500 1.30.0
Vauxhall Monaro VXR 1.30.1
Aston Martin DB7 GT 1.30.4
BMW M3 1.31.8

not a bad list of cars to beat...

yeah, and that's just the L99 version... imagine what the LS3 car (which is lighter and more powerful) would do on the test track

all in all, I think the fact that the car is half the price of the AMG and only 3 seconds slower is pretty darn impressive
SilverTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:22 PM   #202
Info@PeddersUSA.com
 
Info@PeddersUSA.com's Avatar
 
Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New England
Posts: 1,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin the BlueSS View Post
look at some of the cars the camaro beat out and it is pretty impresive... too bad TG didnt point that our...

BMW M3 csl 1.28.0
Roush mustang 1.28.0
WRX Sti 1.28.2
Mitsubishi Evo X 1.28.22
Dodge viper srt-10 1.28.5
Ford Shelby GT500 1.30.0
Vauxhall Monaro VXR 1.30.1
Aston Martin DB7 GT 1.30.4
BMW M3 1.31.8

not a bad list of cars to beat...
But they are still bias in what they do. For example, the test they did with the Vauxhall Monaro VXR @ 1.30.1, the track was totally saturated with rain. Now is that fair? I would say there is at least a 2 second difference between a rain and dry track

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:27 PM   #203
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTurtle View Post
yeah, and that's just the L99 version... imagine what the LS3 car (which is lighter and more powerful) would do on the test track

all in all, I think the fact that the car is half the price of the AMG and only 3 seconds slower is pretty darn impressive
L99 lighter than the LS3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
But they are still bias in what they do. For example, the test they did with the Vauxhall Monaro VXR @ 1.30.1, the track was totally saturated with rain. Now is that fair? I would say there is at least a 2 second difference between a rain and dry track

mike
dms
I believe they claim their little Chevy Leceti (?SP?) sedan is four seconds slower in the rain than in the dry, so that makes sense.
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:30 PM   #204
PatrickfromMD
 
PatrickfromMD's Avatar
 
Drives: Navigator/Corvette/2010 Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
But they are still bias in what they do. For example, the test they did with the Vauxhall Monaro VXR @ 1.30.1, the track was totally saturated with rain. Now is that fair? I would say there is at least a 2 second difference between a rain and dry track

mike
dms
Mike,
Letís start a stamp collection drive and cover Petes car in enough Stamps to ship it over to Top Gear for the STIG to drive.
Rain or shine, Iím sure it will give a thrashing to many of the cars they have tested recently (including that Mercedes)
__________________

***56K miles and still going strong***
2SS/RS IOM ext w/cyber grey stripes, tinted windows, IO int Auto
ProTorque prototype Converter, Chuck Mosello of Westchester Corvettes Custom Tune
T&T installed SLP Longtubes, Powerflow X Pipe, and Powerflow axle back
JL 10W3 in custom side sub box, new door tweeters, Alpine 5ch 600 watt
T&T configured ACS front Fascia w/ heritage grill, splitter, dual color halos, , led markers, taillight bezels , all accented in CGM
Gary Custom Z vented fenders. Vararam ver 2
PatrickfromMD is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gran Turismo 5... No Camaro? 5thGenOwner 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 111 12-06-2011 11:06 AM
More info on Camaro Top Gear segment (and preview shot) (SPOILER ALERT) huggercamaro21 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 137 07-11-2010 09:05 PM
an awesome day on the pacific coast highway (aka my camaro review, long, pics) diddiyo Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 10 07-08-2010 08:54 PM
Ambient lighting (ABL) - the FINAL update = LIMITED TO DOOR PANELS CamaroScotty 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 338 04-15-2009 06:33 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.