Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Fabberge
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 05-14-2007, 10:19 PM   #1
elvism

Drives: 08 BMW X5, 05 MUSTANG GT
Any new news from dealers on taking deposits

or waiting list? been quiet lately. i guess i just cant wait for this car to come out
elvism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:58 PM   #2
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
All depends on the dealers in your area and their policies on taking the deposit. Personally, I wouldn't put a penny down unless it was fully refundable and you had a guaranteed price under, at, or above MSRP. Actually, I wouldn't put a deposit down unless I was at the dealer placing my order and I had to make the deposit to hold my Camaro when it arrived at my dealer. Don't put yourself in a bind. Not worth it.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:56 AM   #3
AFSNightrod
Back in Black

Drives: 2005 Cadillac CTS-V
Send a message via AIM to AFSNightrod Send a message via Yahoo to AFSNightrod
Exactly. I'm waiting. Plus if I can I am ordering mine as direct from GM as I possibly can get. If they mark it up too much I'll go buy a Dodge Challenger through AAFES on my next deployment for under MSRP. Dealers are doing the same thing with my Harley. They are marking it up to nearly $20000 when MSRP is $16500. I got mine from AAFES for $15200. After the extended service plan, the added on security system, and delivery fees, etc., I'm paying $17200 out the door. I hate dealers. Especially ones that try to treat you like you're a retard. Basically I'm looking for one to go through the motions to get me my car. I've done my research, and if they can't meet my demands, I'll find somebody who will.
AFSNightrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:59 AM   #4
stevenm357

Drives: 98 Trans am 00 Trans am 01 corvette
Another reason for me to really dislike harley!!!

At this point I'm a GMAC Realtor. so i'll probabally get below MSRP on the car. I too want to order one from the factory with the things that I want not some simple package.
stevenm357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 12:40 PM   #5
AFSNightrod
Back in Black

Exactly. Custom ordering is the way to go. Especially if you are keeping the car for a really long time. Who knew that those custom ordered GTO Judges from 1969-70 would be worth so much? Plus it makes the car truly yours.

As far as HD goes, its just the dealers that I can't stand. That and the fact that the wife won't let me get a Hayabusa. To me one drag bike is as good as another. I'm not trying to be the fastest thing on two wheels.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:25 PM   #6
stevenm357

As a person who looks for most bang for my buck the harley folks around here are always bragging about their bike. this, that. when almost any import will wlak all over them for under 7K i can buy a bike that will trounce theirs. that and i don't like the loud assed pipes, it's just rude in most cases... i love a good amount of engine sound. but not ear piercing. Then after experiencing a BMW cruiser... i can't laugh enough at harley's .. bi comfy bike that will do 170MPH and 50 MPG... well maybe once i get my camaro i'll look that way!!!
Old 05-15-2007, 02:11 PM   #7
AFSNightrod
Back in Black

Yeah I'm not too into the loud pipes chopper type Harleys. The only ones I really like are the VRSC models. They're racy and unique. I plan on turbocharging mine and running it at the track. As far as the Japenese sportbikes go, I like those too but I can't fit on half of them. I rode my buddy's '05 GSXR 1000 and my elbows were hitting my knees the whole time. I'm not even that tall (6ft). I love the Hayabusa and ZX-12, but the wife won't let me get a bike that fast, but she's letting me turbocharge my Night Rod Special. Go figure. The turbo is good for 165 at the rear wheel and about a 10.1 in the 1/4, which is plenty fast for me. Now to get back on topic, I hope Chevy speeds things up a bit. Only 288 days until the official unveiling of the production Challenger. I'm getting extremly impatient for a new musclecar.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:57 AM   #8
svtjackal
in love with Olivia now.

Drives: 2010 SIM camaro-2001 svt Lightning
hi a newbie here, like some of you I am waiting for the new camaro to come out and I went to the dealer yesterday and put down a deposit for one, I got in writing that the price will be at MSRP (don't know how much yet) and I will get first dibs of the first batch of cars that the dealer gets, needles to say I can't wait to get my car.

Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin Camaro Owners check out www.chicago5thgen.com
svtjackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:33 AM   #9
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtjackal View Post
hi a newbie here, like some of you I am waiting for the new camaro to come out and I went to the dealer yesterday and put down a deposit for one, I got in writing that the price will be at MSRP (don't know how much yet) and I will get first dibs of the first batch of cars that the dealer gets, needles to say I can't wait to get my car.
Actually, shouldn't you get first dibs on ORDERING one of the first Camaro's the way you want it rather than taking what they get on the lot?

PS- Welcome to the site.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:23 PM   #10
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
Actually, shouldn't you get first dibs on ORDERING one of the first Camaro's the way you want it rather than taking what they get on the lot?

PS- Welcome to the site.
Welcome to the site as well! And yes...I would imagine that if I were paying for a brand new 30K Camaro, I'd be getting what I wanted. Make sure it's to ORDER your new Camaro and not to just take what they have...unless that's okay with you.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:58 PM   #11
stevenm357

No way in hell i would just put down a deposit on a car that's a LOT of money to me. Who knows if you'll even get your choice of color, or even transmisison or engine.

My luck they would make a dog shit brown in n automatic transmission with the 5 cylinder out of the Hummer and that would be MY new camaro.

2001 Corvette
Heads,Big cam, 4:11, Custom Exhaust, MGW Shifter Baer Eradispeed +2 2 pieces rotors, Hotchkiss swaybars. and a few other little things.

1998 Trans Am A4 ( was STS turbo until the turbo and oil pump died)

2000 WS6 Trans AM under the knife ( sadly turned into long term project.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:43 PM   #12
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
How many of you have actually ordered a car from the factory before? I've always been curious about the process....and I really love having something unique. My turd-gens aren't the most sought-after....ok it's pretty much the bastard generation of the f-bodies now, but my convertibles always drew and eye because both were 1-of only a couple thousand made. Same with my Supra...not to many of those on the road, and I loved the attention she'd get pulling into a parking lot.

I want my next baby to be that. Whether it be paint scheme or options, I want it to be one that is not your run-of-the-mill dealership cars.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:25 PM   #13
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
My turd-gens aren't the most sought-after....ok it's pretty much the bastard generation of the f-bodies now,
I always thought that was more the 2nd Gens than 3rd?

91/92 were the 2 best looking years for the 3rd imo (I saw you had a 91).
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 02:37 AM   #14
svtjackal
in love with Olivia now.

Drives: 2010 SIM camaro-2001 svt Lightning
Quote:

PS- Welcome to the site.
yeah that is what I told them, but they said that they probably will be getting at least one or more of each color and in different trim packages, and if I don't like any of them then they order one of my choice.

BTW thanks for the welcome.

Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin Camaro Owners check out www.chicago5thgen.com
svtjackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 05:16 PM   #15
MerF
Go Rays!

Quote:
I always thought that was more the 2nd Gens than 3rd?

91/92 were the 2 best looking years for the 3rd imo (I saw you had a 91).
Yes, I really miss my '91, but alas...babies take precedence and fitting the stroller in the "trunk" of that car was a freaking joke when daughter was born. So had to buy an Accord till she got older.

2nd gens are making a huge comeback right now, they have that style that looks good dropped on Euro-style aluminum wheels with shaved moldings and a clean paintjob. Just throw a real engine in there (since about all of them were raped from the factory with engines) and you have a very decent car.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:12 PM   #16
izwar

Drives: Silver
Lists

Do you think their will be a waiting list for the car once it is officially announced with pricing and specs at dealer ships? just curious because i know this happens with european cars but ive never had an american car before so just wondering. And i only know of one chevy dealership in miami.
izwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 05:27 PM   #17
Stig

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
YES.

This is probably going to be one of the biggest car releases in history.

And not to mention, from what i hear it is going to coincide with The Transformers Sequal. So get ready to wait or pay.

however, its stupid to pay markups, just go to the dealer, order your car, get an agreement in writing from them, and then wait a month or two and get your exact car for your price.
Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 06:16 PM   #18
MerF
Go Rays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig View Post
And not to mention, from what i hear it is going to coincide with The Transformers Sequal. So get ready to wait or pay.
Oh wow, I never put that together. :eek:

The Camaro-haters in the office (read: Mustang and Challenger folks) are convinced that no matter what I say, there's no way anyone is picking up a Camaro at MSRP list to compare to the Mustang because of mark-up.

I'm getting more and more worried about that. I told them about our thread here to try to find the honest dealerships out there...which just means they will sell theirs faster, of course.

Old 07-23-2007, 06:42 PM   #19
izwar

Drives: Silver
oo, so even if their is a list i can just go and "order" one and just wait 2 months and get it? if that is the case then their is no problem lol, and if you order it im assuming their wont any attempts at ridiculous markups like the ones that arrive the first few weeks that are on the lot?
izwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 02:11 AM   #20
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Well...dealers differ. You have to look and find who the dealers are in your area. Call them and ask for a sales manager. Ask what their plans are. Tell them we have a site and are posting up their responses. It's free advertisement for them, so if they say MSRP, then post it up.

Now, a long time ago...I was told by the dealer that they only get "so many" of a certain vehicle per period. This might have meant that they only get 6 Camaros for Jan...6 Camaros in Feb, etc.... Still, you shouldn't have a problem by going into the dealer and saying you want to special order your Camaro. I've done it...and am planning on doing it again. Go for it. You'll wait 2 to 3 months, but it will be worth the wait!
Old 07-24-2007, 09:14 AM   #21
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Oh, there'll be waiting lists. :(

The dealer who I've bought my past 2 Camaro's from has had a customer offer to place a $10K deposit for a new Camaro. The dealer refused ot of course as pricing has not been set yet.

My feeling is that once pricing is announced, as well as the models and the options, the lines will start forming.

I'll place my order and wait. But as Tag said, it will be well worth the wait.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:27 AM   #22
MerF
Go Rays!

I'm wondering if the convertible will be also victim of mark-ups or if the coupe's release will be toned down enough by then.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:09 AM   #23
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Everyone that keeps worrying about markups really needs to relax. The carmaro is direct competition for the mustang, guess what, if you can buy a comparable mustang at MSRP the camaros won't sell. Dealers know this, sure there will be a few (god knows there are some screwed up dealers here in phx) that will overprice and sell a few to people who don't value a dollar. But there will be camaros available at MSRP when it is released. If your really that worried about it just check out here. Online dealer ordering at msrp and delivered to your local dealer. No hassle, No salesman, No goofing around.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:33 PM   #24
chevy4824

Drives: 1983 hurst olds
Send a message via AIM to chevy4824
i wonder how many people will preorder the car in 2008-9 after they relese the MSRP
chevy4824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 02:48 PM   #25
91redchevy

Drives: 1990 silverado SS/LS6 Conv.
I know of one person who is going to......
<----------------------------