Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 07-11-2010, 06:29 PM   #1
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk LS3 SS
What can be causing this squeaking?

Alright folks, my 2010 LS3 M6 has developed a squeak. It seems to be coming from the tranny area or possibly a little further. It happens pretty much every time I take off in 1st gear as the clutch is engaging, sometimes downshifting into 2nd or 3rd also.

I thought it might be the exhaust so I got under there and loosened every clamp, readjusted and made sure there was approx 1/2" clearance everywhere, but it still squeaks.

I was thinking though, if it was from the exhaust rubbing up against something wouldnt it also happen when going over bumps or dips in the road as the chassis flexes?

I was worried it might be the MGW shifter but I checked all the bolts and everything is tight and I have good clearance between the tranny and the shifter, I tried maintaining pressure on the shifter while in gear to see if it was just loose or something and it still squeaks.

Im not sure if Im on the right path but if it only happens when I am taking off or down shifting as the clutch engages it has to be something in the driveline, correct?
Old 07-11-2010, 06:55 PM   #2
jtzako

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
Could still be something like exhaust rubbing. That moves more when you start moving than it does any other time. Though without someone able to see under there while it is happening it might be hard to find.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:18 PM   #3
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk LS3 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtzako View Post
Could still be something like exhaust rubbing. That moves more when you start moving than it does any other time. Though without someone able to see under there while it is happening it might be hard to find.
any thing I can try to see if it is the exhaust?