Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Forced Induction - V8 V8 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 07-28-2010, 10:52 PM   #26
ipimpthisc
Banned

Drives: @twinturbo, cammed, intrcooled@
Send a message via AIM to ipimpthisc
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPSjeff View Post
Nothing new no. I have one PM to respond to but to protect the authenticity of the chart I am not going to add anything or "Up" power numbers without a graph being posted or certain additions being added to the manufacturers website. In other words, I don't want somebody to say "Oh yes, we include xyz too" if they don't include it in their kit description or break-down.
Jeff

PS -- Kits like the STS I just don't have any of the info to fill in and have not been contacted about doing so.
in all respect to u jeff, i know u did ur home work
ipimpthisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:12 PM   #27
ipimpthisc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granatelli View Post
Tran - The system admin frowns on venders making comparisons. Every time I blink I get a warning for something or another. We are shipping kits weekly and most of the “ready to buy” customers call the office to get that human touch. It seems to me Hellion said it best. There are many choices out there but it appears that is has come down to 3 companies. Hellion, IPS and Granatelli/TTi.

Hellions claim to fame is great customer service and SS 439 material. They say 439 is better because it is more impervious to corrosion. AHHHH OK but 439 is a ferritic stainless steel designed to resist corrosion in a variety of oxidizing environments from fresh water to boiling acids. This is titanium stabilized, chromium alloy and not intended to exceed 1200 degrees. That does not mean you can’t do it but how many of us drive 140 mph on 118mpg rated tires? No one really crashes and burns but would you want to keep doing it? NO

IPS created a comparo and even after speaking with our staff they still posted what they wanted to. That is why we chose not to get into anymore shoot outs with them.

Granatelli focus’s on real power numbers, we don’t tell people they should be making 795hp on a stock motor, understanding it can be done, but so what it is not a good idea and the customer should not be told otherwise. We say do it right or don’t do it at all. We sell our kits standard with PTE6265 65lb/hr turbos. That gets you instant power from 450 to 1300 based on your boost. Our quality, fit and finish has sold itself for 70 years. We are the same people that designed the famed Novi 2000, the first and only 1000hp 50 State Legal blower when we owned Paxton Superchargers. We are also the same company that has consistently produced the most 1000 hp plus 97-2010 Corvette turbo systems with our partners at TTi, 80% of the Mustangs that race, regardless of ¼ mile, top speed, road course or otherwise all use brackets designed or fashioned by or after our design. We have been known for setting the standard to which other are measured and we pride ourselves on that. We do offer Turbonetics turbos to those that want Turbonetics. Our material is T-321 but most don’t know what that is so we say 304 because it is the catch fraze material of choice. In fact, T321 material is highly nickel based and intended to withstand 1500 degree temps for hours on end.
We don’t honk our own horn and brag about stuff that has little to no bearing on your 2010 Camaro because we try to stay focused on the facts at hand. However, since everyone is going that direction, here is our hand built turbo kit on a 320 c.i. engine using T321 header material

So bang for buck. We are not the most expensive and we are not teh cheapest - we just feel we offer the best practical twin turbo kit for the Camaro Gen 5. Most have agrred so far.

If there is someone out there that feels we are running the wrong turbos (we are not) we are more then happy to accomodate your request and put whatever turbo you want in its place
i feel like i just blew smoke in your eyes and u shot me for it...but this wasnt against any person at all, but rather a freedom of info matter...and while i think u sound angry i rather u sound that way and spit facts, then stay quiet...so i welcome the info...and its doesnt have to be all camaro platform stuff...i think all ur credentials are impressive, and truly worthy of praise. Additionally I have a renewed respect for granatelli as a result. I think u should gloat in ur glory from the hard earned work and accomplishments. Kudos to u, and ur product is sweet
Old 07-29-2010, 09:21 AM   #28
IPSjeff

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Quote:

IPS created a comparo and even after speaking with our staff they still posted what they wanted to. That is why we chose not to get into anymore shoot outs with them.
What I need is a link from you where you itemize what TTi includes in the kits and I will edit it right away. I couldn't even find the kit on your site and on TTi's:

http://www.turbotechnologyinc.com/site/

the items in question are not pictured or mentioned in the write-up. I am not going to tell the people depending on the chart to be factual and fair things "Somebody said" without confirmation it is accurate. Show me something like this:

http://www.ipsmotorsports.net/produc...oducts_id=4309

so the customer knows exactly what is included and what is not. If TTi has it on their site then I will edit the chart right away.

I have no "Agenda" with the chart other than combining all the information into one place. As long as it comes off the manufacturers website or if it is dyno information posted with a graph on here that is good enough for me

Last edited by IPSjeff; 07-29-2010 at 11:08 AM.
IPSjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 01:31 PM   #29
IPSjeff

I just left George over at TTi a VM so once he returns my call I will change whatever needs changed right away,
Jeff
Old 07-29-2010, 02:16 PM   #30
ipimpthisc
Banned

Good retort Jeff, I personally await this info, because my hands are itching for what kit to buy, they each have sum pluses and minuses, and i think the consumer will eventually choose what works best for them as far as power range, potential, cost, look, easy of install, credibility, durability and so on. I thank all the sponsors for their info. I wana also say thanks to Jeff who called me personally to discuss options. My hats off to granatelli and cole for their kits, which are mighty impressive as well.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:26 PM   #31
HELLION TURBO

Drives: Twin Turbo SS
I wanted to clarify the options for our Hellion system as I was just informed of this thread by a customer of ours.

-Twin 58mm turbos standard -capable of 1000 hp.

- (We have customers with 58mm turbos running mid 9’s at over 150 mph with daily driven manual transmissions vehicles)

-Optional 61mm inducer along with an upgraded exducer-capable of over 1200 hp.

-Both turbos come with an unmatched “unconditional one year warranty" from Turbonetics. If anything happens to a turbo, it will be fixed without question within one year from purchase.

-T-3 turbine inlet standard

-38mm Turbosmart wastegate standard. (Capable of controlling from 400 hp to over 1200 hp.

-31x12x3 inch intercooler standard, 4 inch optional. (Standard intercooler capable of cooling 1000 hp)

-All tubing is mandrel bent stainless, and comes with a lifetime warranty

-The TB inlet pipe is polished 4 inch stainless steel.

-Turbo intake tubing is high temp reinforced silicone ducting

-K&N filters standard

-MAF housing included in Polished inlet pipe

-Washer bottle included

-Push lock oil fittings

-High temp oil return hose

-Protective shield for turbo air inlets standard

-Heat protection for trans lines included

-Tuning using Diablo, SCT, or HP tuners available.

-52# injectors standard ( up to 120# injectors available)

Hellion Power Systems has been building custom twin turbo kits for over a decade and we have offered "on the shelf" low-mount twin turbo systems for several years (Mustang GT500, Dodge Challenger/Magnum/Charger and Chrysler 300C twin turbo kits). By providing excellent customer service and support, quality components and craftsmanship, and systems that perform and install flawlessy, Hellion Power Systems has been coveted by many as the company that has revolutionized the Mustang turbo market. We look forward to working at and gaining that title in the Camaro market as well.

If anyone has any questions please PM me.

Thanks!

Jeff
HELLION TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:38 PM   #32
IPSjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@HellionPowerSystems View Post
I wanted to clarify the options for our Hellion system as I was just informed of this thread by a customer of ours.

- (We have customers with 58mm turbos running mid 9’s at over 150 mph with daily driven manual transmissions vehicles)

-Both turbos come with an unmatched “unconditional one year warranty" from Turbonetics. If anything happens to a turbo, it will be fixed without question within one year from purchase.

-38mm Turbosmart wastegate standard. (Capable of controlling from 400 hp to over 1200 hp.

-31x12x3 inch intercooler standard, 4 inch optional. (Standard intercooler capable of cooling 1000 hp)

-K&N filters standard

-Washer bottle included

-Push lock oil fittings

Hellion Power Systems has been building custom twin turbo kits for over a decade and we have offered "on the shelf" low-mount twin turbo systems for several years (Mustang GT500, Dodge Challenger/Magnum/Charger and Chrysler 300C twin turbo kits). By providing excellent customer service and support, quality components and craftsmanship, and systems that perform and install flawlessy, Hellion Power Systems has been coveted by many as the company that has revolutionized the Mustang turbo market. We look forward to working at and gaining that title in the Camaro market as well.

Thanks!

Jeff
Jeff,
Is this same info available on your website? If it is my apologies for any mistakes I might have made when I originally entered everything in. I don't have enough columns to add add all the "Upgrades" and "Foot-notes" but I will make sure it is 100% accurate for you otherwise

EDIT: Looks like I had it right based off the site:

http://www.hellionpowersystems.com/i...bo-systems/172
Old 07-29-2010, 05:03 PM   #33
ipimpthisc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@HellionPowerSystems View Post

-K&N filters standard

-Washer bottle included

-Push lock oil fittings

Thanks!

Jeff
i been watching u guys at Hellion...i am very impressed, hats off to you there...its gettin harder and harder for me personally to choose a kit..lol...thats good but then again..its bad..lol
Old 07-30-2010, 02:24 PM   #34
IPSjeff

Quote:
We are shipping kits weekly
Nick at TTi (Who actually makes "Your" kit) just posted that they have not shipped out any kits until the LS3 car is done:

"The kits are finished and ready to ship BUT we are not shipping ANY kits until we physically finish the install we are working on now to ensure no one has any problems with the system."

I have lost a few sales to you because I told clients we only had the LS3 car done and were not shipping anything out until the L99 car was finished. Turns out we are just as far along as "You" are we are just marketing it completely differently.

Maybe you should let TTi update potential customers on here since they are the ones doing the building / installing / testing of the kit and have a lot more control over when they will actually be shipping kits out?

Just a suggestion,
Jeff
Old 07-30-2010, 02:33 PM   #35
IPSjeff

Quote:
I just left George over at TTi a VM so once he returns my call I will change whatever needs changed right away,
Jeff
I talked to TTi today and they will be updating their site and shooting me a link so I can update the chart for them

Nice talking to you George
Jeff
Old 07-30-2010, 02:37 PM   #36
ipimpthisc
Banned

I see a storm abrewing
Old 07-30-2010, 02:42 PM   #37
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipimpthisc View Post
i feel like i just blew smoke in your eyes and u shot me for it...but this wasnt against any person at all, but rather a freedom of info matter...and while i think u sound angry i rather u sound that way and spit facts, then stay quiet...so i welcome the info...and its doesnt have to be all camaro platform stuff...i think all ur credentials are impressive, and truly worthy of praise. Additionally I have a renewed respect for granatelli as a result. I think u should gloat in ur glory from the hard earned work and accomplishments. Kudos to u, and ur product is sweet
Never Angry - sorry if I came off that way
Granatelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:47 PM   #38
ipimpthisc
Banned

Quote:
Never Angry - sorry if I came off that way
Not a problem...we are entitled to feel things brother....and especially if u have to defend or demonstarte ur credentials, its ok either way I am just glad all the good tt kits guys are on board..in the end we are in it for fun
Old 07-30-2010, 02:50 PM   #39
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Quote:
Nick at TTi (Who actually makes "Your" kit) just posted that they have not shipped out any kits until the LS3 car is done:

"The kits are finished and ready to ship BUT we are not shipping ANY kits until we physically finish the install we are working on now to ensure no one has any problems with the system."

I have lost a few sales to you because I told clients we only had the LS3 car done and were not shipping anything out until the L99 car was finished. Turns out we are just as far along as "You" are we are just marketing it completely differently.

Maybe you should let TTi update potential customers on here since they are the ones doing the building / installing / testing of the kit and have a lot more control over when they will actually be shipping kits out?

Just a suggestion,
Jeff
Just another example of Jeff Hyper focussing on Granatelli rather then his own business. I chose not to argue so he tried to go around us to TTi. Nick does not speak for nor determine what we ship. Please do not try to drive a wedge between us - that is just more bad business on your part
Old 07-30-2010, 02:55 PM   #40
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipimpthisc View Post
Not a problem...we are entitled to feel things brother....and especially if u have to defend or demonstarte ur credentials, its ok either way I am just glad all the good tt kits guys are on board..in the end we are in it for fun
i guess we all define good differently If you need to offer 3 or more different turbo as a marketing gimmic more power to you (them)

Tubes should not be crossing over under the car. The M6 and A6 kits are essentailly the same for us because we did not create fitments issues in the first place. It is disengenuous to put words in other peoples mouths adn misconstrue it all but that is what Jeff keeps trying to do.

It is all good on our end - in the end anyone one of these kits will make a ton of power - ours just does not drag on the ground over speed bumps
Old 07-30-2010, 02:59 PM   #41
IPSjeff

Quote:
Nick does not speak for nor determine what we ship.
So you ship out kits independent of TTi?

I assumed since they make the kit they would know what they have or have not shipped

Anyway, this thread is about comparing the specifics of the kits, which is why I chose to "Go around you" to talk to the place actually making it
Jeff
Old 07-30-2010, 03:10 PM   #42
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Quote:
So you ship out kits independent of TTi?

I assumed since they make the kit they would know what they have or have not shipped

Anyway, this thread is about comparing the specifics of the kits, which is why I chose to "Go around you" to talk to the place actually making it
Jeff
Yes

Please leave me alone. TTi does not ship kits for Granatelli. TTi and Granatelli have worked together on many projects - Ford, Dodge and GM dating back to when I own Paxton as well. They are a well round shop and as Granatelli formulated GMS and sold Paxton, we have become the same. It is redundant for both of us to make a TT kit for the camaro - now that is is done we can and do ship independant of eachother as well as share inventory.

As an example Turbonetics is only 5 miles from GMS and we work with them as well on kits - that does not mean we ship all the kits for turbonetics sheesh

My problem is you created the thread and I find it very sinister why you IPS would want to "help" us all out on the vurtues of each kit when it is slanted you way.

That like Chevy adverting side by side with Ford - but in a friendly way sounds like an oxymoran

I think you are a nice guy and I have little to disagree on other then afew points - and I am not sure why you stalk me on this forum

Other than that - I am always happy to help everyone

Please focus on IPS and not GMS
Old 07-30-2010, 03:17 PM   #43
IPSjeff

Quote:

My problem is you created the thread and I find it very sinister why you IPS would want to "help" us all out on the vurtues of each kit when it is slanted you way.
"Sinister" way? Its a chart of factual information. Like I have stated to you and every other supplier, if you disagree with any of it then all you have to do is let me know.

George is in the process of doing that now...
Jeff
Old 07-30-2010, 03:19 PM   #44
IPSjeff

Please keep any further comment to a PM or phone call as I don't want to "Muck up" this thread any further.

My apologies for bringing up the shipping discrepancies in here -- I should have posted that in the "Other" thread.

Thanks!
Jeff

Last edited by IPSjeff; 07-30-2010 at 03:59 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:11 PM   #45
midgard

Drives: red jewel camaro
What really needs to be done is to show the 1/4 pass times vs. RWHP for all the turbos....this might open up some eyes. Gather as much data as possible for each type of turbo....in the long run, I think we will have a more important statistic.

To really just show maximum rwhp and rwtq can be extremely misleading.

9.96@ 142.01 when I had 775 rwhp/711 rwtq
Livernois 2nd Place Car Camaro5 Fest
SSJ1....Original Build 13 psi/nittos.....10.44@134
SSJ2....3.6KB/3.5 pulley/Stock t/b..Best 9.967@142.01

SSJ3...is done....mid 9s?Rossler 6l80E Transmission
KB 3.6LC,17" Bogarts, Thanks to Hendrix 9", Thanks to Pfadt
original T/b and converter, 419ci stroker (NO LSX Block)
midgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:14 PM   #46
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Quote:
George is in the process of doing that now...
Jeff
Whatever you say
Old 07-30-2010, 05:18 PM   #47
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgard View Post
What really needs to be done is to show the 1/4 pass times vs. RWHP for all the turbos....this might open up some eyes. Gather as much data as possible for each type of turbo....in the long run, I think we will have a more important statistic.

I agree - my point is each manufacture should focus on thier own kit. Not hyper focus on GMS

There is no banter between Granatelli and Hellion They talk up their kit and we talk up ours - period. I am sure if you call them direct they will slant it there way (rightfully so) and we should all do the same
Old 07-30-2010, 05:20 PM   #48
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Lastly - since 95% of the peeps here are focusing and hoping for 650 to 700 - there are many ways to get there
Old 07-30-2010, 08:02 PM   #49
ipimpthisc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgard View Post

I agree with midgard...gentlemen, perhaps we are losing site of the task....which to me is the best all around kit for the street, considering power, durability, eng longevity, ease of operation, installation and tuning, and all the factors that make a great kit. No doubt i think all the kits , twins and singles have pros and cons. Since i dont intend to be a drag racer 1/4 traps are cool but not the last word for me...but nonetheless for argument sake, with slicks will the demonstrate the total capability of the packages offered.
Jeff : I would agree that granatelli doesn't base his bus on another company solely...so perhaps u erred in judgement on that...just a shot in he dark, it doesnt take away from u or make u a bad guy...

granatelli: in defense of jeff..i don't think he is stalking you, that's a lil accusatory...perhaps he is eager to show his products and do business, and might come off a lil brash or over zealous.....I think we should stop this squabble, and move along with making great set-ups and power...I for one have am waiting fo more videos, dyno numbers , facts, pics etc...and again I thank u gentleman for your r & d in the car I love
Old 07-30-2010, 08:08 PM   #50
ipimpthisc
Banned

Quote:
I agree - my point is each manufacture should focus on thier own kit. Not hyper focus on GMS

There is no banter between Granatelli and Hellion They talk up their kit and we talk up ours - period. I am sure if you call them direct they will slant it there way (rightfully so) and we should all do the same
Agreed