Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Forced Induction - V8 V8 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 07-30-2010, 08:17 PM   #51
bi11ymc
"Silver Street"

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
The thing is, inflating your results might get you a sale or two, but when those customers are unhappy because they could not reach what the inflated results said, then the word gets out and many, many future sales could be lost. Giving honest factual information leads to happy customers, which leads to referrals, which leads to many, many more sales. Sales 101.

I personally am loyal to those who are honest with me and I send them referrals. Those who are not, lose a lot more than just my business.

CAI Inc., ARH LT Headers with Cats, Borla Touring Cat-Back; Pfadt Coil Overs, Sway Bars, End Links, and Trailing Arms; Comp Cams Blower Cam, Dual Springs, Push-Rods, and Lifters; GM LS2 Lifter Trays, 6.2 MLS Head Gaskets, Crank Bolt, and LS2 Front Cover; 3-Bolt Conversion Timing Gear, Katech C5R Timing Chain, ARP LS2/LS3 Head Bolt Kit, Melling Hi Volume Oil Pump, TVS 2300 Supercharger (Black); Build by Vengeance Racing; Custom Tune by Vengeance Racing
bi11ymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:01 PM   #52
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by bi11ymc View Post
The thing is, inflating your results might get you a sale or two, but when those customers are unhappy because they could not reach what the inflated results said, then the word gets out and many, many future sales could be lost. Giving honest factual information leads to happy customers, which leads to referrals, which leads to many, many more sales. Sales 101.

I personally am loyal to those who are honest with me and I send them referrals. Those who are not, lose a lot more than just my business.
Preach'n to the chior
Granatelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:12 PM   #53
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipimpthisc View Post
I agree with midgard...gentlemen, perhaps we are losing site of the task....which to me is the best all around kit for the street, considering power, durability, eng longevity, ease of operation, installation and tuning, and all the factors that make a great kit. No doubt i think all the kits , twins and singles have pros and cons. Since i dont intend to be a drag racer 1/4 traps are cool but not the last word for me...but nonetheless for argument sake, with slicks will the demonstrate the total capability of the packages offered.
Jeff : I would agree that granatelli doesn't base his bus on another company solely...so perhaps u erred in judgement on that...just a shot in he dark, it doesnt take away from u or make u a bad guy...

granatelli: in defense of jeff..i don't think he is stalking you, that's a lil accusatory...perhaps he is eager to show his products and do business, and might come off a lil brash or over zealous.....I think we should stop this squabble, and move along with making great set-ups and power...I for one have am waiting fo more videos, dyno numbers , facts, pics etc...and again I thank u gentleman for your r & d in the car I love
No cons to the twins. Jeff and I agree on that as well. The big singles are more drag race oriented because they will have less bottom end than good twins. Thta means they will have a shorter power band and be a bit more "peakey"

Stalking to me is following me on the website, then calling me at work repeatedly, then PMing over and over, then calling my partner, then misconstruing his words in your favor, and lastly making false accusations about me. - I am over it
Old 07-31-2010, 02:33 PM   #54
ipimpthisc
Banned

Drives: @twinturbo, cammed, intrcooled@
Send a message via AIM to ipimpthisc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granatelli View Post
No cons to the twins. Jeff and I agree on that as well. The big singles are more drag race oriented because they will have less bottom end than good twins. Thta means they will have a shorter power band and be a bit more "peakey"

Stalking to me is following me on the website, then calling me at work repeatedly, then PMing over and over, then calling my partner, then misconstruing his words in your favor, and lastly making false accusations about me. - I am over it
well there is a con...the con is cost related (my statement there was in a very broad interpretation)....in performance we all agree, that 2 is better then 1 especially do to spooling times and low end end torque...hmm I dunno if that what happened in regards to Jeff...but if...again "if" that happened I say u have a valid point. Either well "G"...I hope I can say G without offending u....I have a deep respect for u and your product....and any1 that asks me will get nothing less
ipimpthisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 03:27 AM   #55
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipimpthisc View Post
well there is a con...the con is cost related (my statement there was in a very broad interpretation)....in performance we all agree, that 2 is better then 1 especially do to spooling times and low end end torque...hmm I dunno if that what happened in regards to Jeff...but if...again "if" that happened I say u have a valid point. Either well "G"...I hope I can say G without offending u....I have a deep respect for u and your product....and any1 that asks me will get nothing less
Old 08-02-2010, 10:31 AM   #56
IPSjeff

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgard View Post
What really needs to be done is to show the 1/4 pass times vs. RWHP for all the turbos....this might open up some eyes. Gather as much data as possible for each type of turbo....in the long run, I think we will have a more important statistic.
I agree. Trap speeds don't lie ET's are a little tricky since every driver's abilities will differ but that is obviously a given.

That being said, we hope to have the prototype car out in the next week or two (Owner driving) and see how she does
Jeff
IPSjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:38 AM   #57
Bushidopupil

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Coupe
Jeff,

I'm still waiting to see the results of the L99 dyno... I know you guys are working hard, just impatient is all.
Bushidopupil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:33 AM   #58
IPSjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushidopupil View Post
Jeff,

I'm still waiting to see the results of the L99 dyno... I know you guys are working hard, just impatient is all.
It is getting there. Turbos are on and fuel system is getting done now. If he could stay on it the car would have been up and running right now but we are juggling 25 other projects at the same time -- including a LSx 427 TT Camaro
Jeff
Old 08-02-2010, 11:45 AM   #59
IPSjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bi11ymc View Post
I agree 100%. Once there are 5-15 kits floating around out there will you see a really solid "Average" that essentially will rule out dyno differences and tuner differences and air temp/humidity etc etc. I am honestly thinking due to our dyno being a bit on the low side our initial #s will end up being conservative if anything

Track times / trap-speeds are even better!
Jeff
Old 08-03-2010, 12:44 PM   #60
JAFOnomore

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPSjeff View Post
I agree 100%. Once there are 5-15 kits floating around out there will you see a really solid "Average" that essentially will rule out dyno differences and tuner differences and air temp/humidity etc etc. I am honestly thinking due to our dyno being a bit on the low side our initial #s will end up being conservative if anything

Track times / trap-speeds are even better!
Jeff
So you are saying you think ou have the most conservative dyno but still make 50 to 100hp more then similar kits at the same boost? Cool, those most be some awesomely large turbos.

I agree MPH in the 1/4 tells a big story - Does anyone know what each MPH works out to be in extra HP?
JAFOnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:59 PM   #61
IPSjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFOnomore View Post
So you are saying you think ou have the most conservative dyno but still make 50 to 100hp more then similar kits at the same boost? Cool, those most be some awesomely large turbos.
Not as much "Large" as efficient

I don't think we have the most conservative dyno out there, just in the lower % when you talk about cars getting on a number of different dyno's at different shops around the country.

Add to that the less humid fall air that is right around the corner and the numbers are only going to go up
Jeff
Old 08-10-2010, 06:35 PM   #62
IPSjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTI Nick View Post
Jeff you need a warranty category underneath turbochargers so customers know that with Precision turbochargers you get a one year warranty and with Garrett, well, they don't have a warranty- at least that's what you'll find out after you send back the units for "warranty inspection" or what I like to call "warranty rejection". Not to mention they have to go from your hands to a distributors hands and then to Garrett. $30 to each business and the time it takes to ship them adds up VERY quickly! I'm sure Hellion would also like this category since they are running the Turbonetics units!

You can also note on our section that the kit can come with Turbonetics units as well. We'll put whatever turbocharger the customer wants on it including Garrett.

You should also note what type of gas was used for the dyno numbers.
Sure. I can add a warranty section. I would assume the end-user would be more interested on a "Kit" warranty and not a "Pump" or "Turbo" or "Injector" warranty but I can add in either way. Good idea

I think I just said "Pump" gas even though that varies depending on what part of the country you are at.
Jeff
Old 08-10-2010, 07:25 PM   #63
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPSjeff View Post
Sure. I can add a warranty section. I would assume the end-user would be more interested on a "Kit" warranty and not a "Pump" or "Turbo" or "Injector" warranty but I can add in either way. Good idea

I think I just said "Pump" gas even though that varies depending on what part of the country you are at.
Jeff
Goes to WHO is doing the warranty. The kit builder or each component manufacturer
Old 08-11-2010, 12:11 AM   #64
Markushi

Drives: a beater :(
what is the difference between a regular turbo and a ball bearing turbo?
Markushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:44 AM   #65
IPSjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granatelli View Post
Goes to WHO is doing the warranty. The kit builder or each component manufacturer
Obviously.

I will post my "IPS" warranty that covers every single piece or part included in our kit once they are ready to ship out. If you are not going to include a "Kit" warranty and instead just fall back on the manufacturer of each kit component it tends to generate a lot of finger-pointing if/when something does go wrong.

We have found that when you use the absolute best components the probability of "Early" failure is extremely low.
Jeff
Old 08-11-2010, 08:48 AM   #66
IPSjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markushi View Post
what is the difference between a regular turbo and a ball bearing turbo?
http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob...o_tech101.html
Old 08-14-2010, 01:44 PM   #67
general23cmp

Drives: 2010 RS SS
What is a MVS-R wastegate? I know of MV-S and MV-R only.
general23cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:42 AM   #68
IPSjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by general23cmp View Post
What is a MVS-R wastegate? I know of MV-S and MV-R only.
If it is my kit they are MV-R's. I will update the chart this week to get that corrected
Jeff
Old 08-22-2010, 10:51 PM   #69
racrx451

Drives: 2010 white SS
why is there no info on the STS TT stuff?
racrx451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:02 AM   #70
Whorable MPG1975
I'd rather be Blown.

Drives: 1975 CAMARO 454ciBBC/TKO-600
Do these system retain the stock exhaust manifolds or use headers? Hellion has been grabbing my attention as of late.
Whorable MPG1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:59 AM   #71
HELLION TURBO

Drives: Twin Turbo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whorable MPG1975 View Post
Do these system retain the stock exhaust manifolds or use headers? Hellion has been grabbing my attention as of late.
The factory exhaust manifolds are utilized in these systems
HELLION TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:19 PM   #72
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Quote:
...because Jeff @ IPS made the chart- not STS. This chart that Jeff has made is very helpful but also very misleading/informing.

I would suggest, when doing your homework on which kit to buy, that you contact the manufacture and find out for yourself what is included with each system.
- is there an echo in here
Old 08-23-2010, 07:07 PM   #73
IPSjeff

Quote:
...because Jeff @ IPS made the chart- not STS. This chart that Jeff has made is very helpful but also very misleading/informing.
Wrong. It is actually because when I made it I couldn't find the first detail on STS' site regarding their kit. I checked this morning and there is a *Little* more info on it now (The Camaro has a section and a few tiny bits of info at least) so I will add that.

As stated in my very first post of this thread, I am only using info off the manufacturers website or graphs posted up here. If I couldn't find anything I wasn't going to add "Assumed" or 2nd-hand information.
Jeff
Old 08-23-2010, 07:26 PM   #74
Granatelli
Account Suspended

[QUOTE=TTI Nick;2251734]...because Jeff @ IPS made the chart- not STS. This chart that Jeff has made is very helpful but also very misleading/informing.

I would suggest, when doing your homework on which kit to buy, that you contact the manufacture and find out for yourself what is included with each system.[/QUOTE]

Say answer different time

Last edited by Granatelli; 08-31-2010 at 07:53 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:51 AM   #75
IPSjeff

I would suggest that if you are a manufacturer or re-seller of a TT kit for the 2010+ Camaro SS that you put detailed and accurate information about your kit on your website. The chart is a collection / summary of that info so if the chart is lacking or in anyway "Inaccurate" then your website (Including pictures taken of the kit components on it) is as well
Jeff

EDIT: For example, here is what info is posted on STS' site for their Camaro Kit:

http://ststurbo.com/2010_camaro_specs

That is enough to fill in 2 or 3 lines in the chart and "STS" turbos and WG's and BOV really tells me nothing. I will add it in none-the-less...