Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2010, 11:34 PM   #26
sting808

 
Drives: 4 wheels
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 809
Just got the spacers in the mail today. They look great as compared to my backyard butchered pieces. I can finish off the front before car goes into body shop.

OT,
Mike, was that you in the Street Customs 69 GTO body on a 2006 chassis episoide? Now, that car looked great, except for the star logos. Classic looks with a modern rolling chassis and interior. Hate to see the price tag. Should've gotten a 2010 Challenger or Camaro. (Mopar deserves respect, too)
Attached Images
 
sting808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:58 AM   #27
mikepage0007


 
mikepage0007's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: port st lucie ,florida
Posts: 4,274
hey sting, glad you got your stuff...where you @ mike...was doing some reading and was wondering if the yellow bushings are Nolathane ...i def would rather have the red urethane if that is the case.....will call you tomorrow so i can let extreme know whats up...they still have my catch can ,raptor light and a few other things..but nned to get car out by this friday
mikepage0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:06 AM   #28
1977and2010
Tampa Gulf Coast Family
 
1977and2010's Avatar
 
Drives: 1977 Z28, 2SSRS 2010 M6
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dunedin FL
Posts: 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by sting808 View Post
Just got the spacers in the mail today. They look great as compared to my backyard butchered pieces. I can finish off the front before car goes into body shop.

OT,
Mike, was that you in the Street Customs 69 GTO body on a 2006 chassis episoide? Now, that car looked great, except for the star logos. Classic looks with a modern rolling chassis and interior. Hate to see the price tag. Should've gotten a 2010 Challenger or Camaro. (Mopar deserves respect, too)
What's the purpose for the spacers? Is it to raise the d-bushings up to fit the clamps better next to the frame? I just ground the clamps down to slide between the swaybar and frame.
__________________
1977and2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:16 AM   #29
mikepage0007


 
mikepage0007's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: port st lucie ,florida
Posts: 4,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977and2010 View Post
What's the purpose for the spacers? Is it to raise the d-bushings up to fit the clamps better next to the frame? I just ground the clamps down to slide between the swaybar and frame.
if sways walk , they can rub in specific areas..spacers are used to keep all clearances intact
mikepage0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:20 AM   #30
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,046
I'm sorry - I'm lost...

Are these spacers supposed to be used with the clamps or are these supposed to take the place of the clamps? Also, I'm a little confused with the new Solution B swaybars - are they revised further?

Thanks everyone
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:26 PM   #31
1977and2010
Tampa Gulf Coast Family
 
1977and2010's Avatar
 
Drives: 1977 Z28, 2SSRS 2010 M6
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dunedin FL
Posts: 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I'm sorry - I'm lost...

Are these spacers supposed to be used with the clamps or are these supposed to take the place of the clamps? Also, I'm a little confused with the new Solution B swaybars - are they revised further?

Thanks everyone
Me too, I got the clamps with mine and had to grind the bottoms down to fit between the bar and frame. This is the first I've seen of the spacers.
__________________
1977and2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:46 PM   #32
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 14,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
thanks for input sting...thanks for staying on top of this mike and good communication with me...i,m not mad at pedders or mike , was just getting a little frustrated...i will call extreme perf. today as i am back in florida and let them know parts are coming..i know friday they had the coilovers on but not sure if they got all my bushings in ...but not in rush as long as i know brackets are in transit...thanks
It's my fault you didn't get everything in a timely manner, I knew there was a fix coming but never got with Mike.

Use the yellow and if anyone asks, tell them you have Pedders custom fabbed skunkworks bars
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Great Racing Quotes

"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time."
"I was doing fine until about mid-corner when I ran out of talent."
"Don't brake until you see God, just don't meet him"
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:46 PM   #33
Info@PeddersUSA.com
 
Info@PeddersUSA.com's Avatar
 
Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New England
Posts: 1,904
The spacers are to be used with the clamps so no modification of the clamp is necessary due to the very close tolerances of the bar to the subframe

Hope that helps

mike
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:27 PM   #34
Info@PeddersUSA.com
 
Info@PeddersUSA.com's Avatar
 
Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New England
Posts: 1,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by sting808 View Post
Just got the spacers in the mail today. They look great as compared to my backyard butchered pieces. I can finish off the front before car goes into body shop.

OT,
Mike, was that you in the Street Customs 69 GTO body on a 2006 chassis episoide? Now, that car looked great, except for the star logos. Classic looks with a modern rolling chassis and interior. Hate to see the price tag. Should've gotten a 2010 Challenger or Camaro. (Mopar deserves respect, too)
No that was Pete. He gets all the fun stuff! LOL The build was quite cool and drove seriously well!. They had the GTO on display at SEMA. It always amazes me that talent and creativity we see with so many of the outstanding builders.

mike
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:31 PM   #35
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.White@PeddersUSA.com View Post
The spacers are to be used with the clamps so no modification of the clamp is necessary due to the very close tolerances of the bar to the subframe

Hope that helps

mike
Got it - thanks
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:31 PM   #36
Info@PeddersUSA.com
 
Info@PeddersUSA.com's Avatar
 
Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New England
Posts: 1,904
Revised Pedders Sway Bar Install Sheet for Camaro

Below is our revised Pedders Sway bar Installation Instructions. We have updated them for the front and rear locking collars, and front spacers to adjust for clearances for the collars.





Here is a closer shot of the front bracket assembly. The larger face of the bushing points inward. The spacer pictured is our prototype. The actual unit is color matched



Here is a closer look at the bracket assembly as it would appear installed



Why has Pedders gone thru all this effort? The concerns are welding collars on a piece of spring steel at a very stressed area with bar deflection, can create weakness in that area. We are being very picky about it, but this is our concern. Adding the spacers allows perfect clearance, good geometry, and easiness of installation.

thanks to all

mike
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:44 PM   #37
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.White@PeddersUSA.com View Post
Below is our revised Pedders Sway bar Installation Instructions. We have updated them for the front and rear locking collars, and front spacers to adjust for clearances for the collars.





Here is a closer shot of the front bracket assembly. The larger face of the bushing points inward. The spacer pictured is our prototype. The actual unit is color matched



Here is a closer look at the bracket assembly as it would appear installed



Why has Pedders gone thru all this effort? The concerns are welding collars on a piece of spring steel at a very stressed area with bar deflection, can create weakness in that area. We are being very picky about it, but this is our concern. Adding the spacers allows perfect clearance, good geometry, and easiness of installation.

thanks to all

mike
Thanks - I believe that makes your concerns very clear as far as why you went this direction.
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:58 PM   #38
Info@PeddersUSA.com
 
Info@PeddersUSA.com's Avatar
 
Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New England
Posts: 1,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Thanks - I believe that makes your concerns very clear as far as why you went this direction.
thanks,

By the way, what brakes does the front look like on your Signature Picture??

thanks
mike
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:02 PM   #39
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.White@PeddersUSA.com View Post
thanks,

By the way, what brakes does the front look like on your Signature Picture??

thanks
mike
I was going to be a smart @$$ and post a pic' of those brakes on your Pedders car, but I don't have one with those brakes Good call on that - it makes total sense, to me, for them to use those. I wonder if they're going to keep the rear binders and rotors though; I imagine they'd be just fine. KUDOs to you guys.
Attached Images
 
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:07 PM   #40
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,046
BTW - I got a day-long ride in Mindz's car, with your Xas, and, umm... yeah - that was bad @$$!!! Not once did I feel the suspension crash and bottom out. There was one on-ramp, in particular, where he rolled onto the throttle, right in the middle of it, and we rode over a huge dip and it didn't upset the car one, single bit. I thought for SURE we were going to slide right across the freeway into the median, but shit - we didn't. That f'ing car seemed to bite harder the faster we went through the curve, and it didn't even have the complete content of one of your solutions. I'm sold now - without a doubt. Z28 is going to have to handle like one bad SOB in order for me to not work really hard to go with some Xas/Supercars!
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:15 PM   #41
Info@PeddersUSA.com
 
Info@PeddersUSA.com's Avatar
 
Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New England
Posts: 1,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
BTW - I got a day-long ride in Mindz's car, with your Xas, and, umm... yeah - that was bad @$$!!! Not once did I feel the suspension crash and bottom out. There was one on-ramp, in particular, where he rolled onto the throttle, right in the middle of it, and we rode over a huge dip and it didn't upset the car one, single bit. I thought for SURE we were going to slide right across the freeway into the median, but shit - we didn't. That f'ing car seemed to bite harder the faster we went through the curve, and it didn't even have the complete content of one of your solutions. I'm sold now - without a doubt. Z28 is going to have to handle like one bad SOB in order for me to not work really hard to go with some Xas/Supercars!
Thank you for the complement! Pedders works hard at making the Camaro the best we can and will continue this process for a long time!

I have been waiting for someone to comment on the brakes and the picture for a while. Also, I am not surprised on how many guys I have chatted with that are like you and waiting for the Z28! Have one guy who already has already installed a complete Pedders track kit, and loves it. But will trade it in for the Z28 because he has to have the best! The Z28 will be soooooo cool!

mike
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:52 PM   #42
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.White@PeddersUSA.com View Post
Thank you for the complement! Pedders works hard at making the Camaro the best we can and will continue this process for a long time!

I have been waiting for someone to comment on the brakes and the picture for a while. Also, I am not surprised on how many guys I have chatted with that are like you and waiting for the Z28! Have one guy who already has already installed a complete Pedders track kit, and loves it. But will trade it in for the Z28 because he has to have the best! The Z28 will be soooooo cool!

mike
Well - even on a car that didn't have the full complement of your catalog on it, I was more suprised than I can express. KUDOs to you guys

Well - in Post 6 I didn't really suggest where I've seen those before, but those were one of the things I looked at first, lol
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:00 PM   #43
Info@PeddersUSA.com
 
Info@PeddersUSA.com's Avatar
 
Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New England
Posts: 1,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Well - even on a car that didn't have the full complement of your catalog on it, I was more suprised than I can express. KUDOs to you guys

Well - in Post 6 I didn't really suggest where I've seen those before, but those were one of the things I looked at first, lol
Great. Hopefully all questions should now be answered. If not, they just need to ask

thanks again

mike
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:07 PM   #44
sting808

 
Drives: 4 wheels
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 809
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977and2010 View Post
What's the purpose for the spacers? Is it to raise the d-bushings up to fit the clamps better next to the frame? I just ground the clamps down to slide between the swaybar and frame.
I decided to wait for the permanent fix. Machined piece looks a lot nicer than my butchered steel bar. I can be very difficult and picky at times.

Now the million dollar question... Centri or PD? Still weighing in pros/cons. Plus, wife wants to go on another extended trip next year. I actually considered shipping car to CA to drive across country. But I told her I'd do that after I put the FI in... Sad thing, my wife has immediate family in Valdosta GA and couldn't swing the timing.

FI vs Vacation

Back on topic, the new front clamp mechanism matches the back and completes the SwaybarB package. Good swaybar solution especially at that package price point.
sting808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:14 PM   #45
Info@PeddersUSA.com
 
Info@PeddersUSA.com's Avatar
 
Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New England
Posts: 1,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977and2010 View Post
Me too, I got the clamps with mine and had to grind the bottoms down to fit between the bar and frame. This is the first I've seen of the spacers.
The purpose of the spacers is to give the clearance so not cutting or grinding has to be done to the brackets. We really want it to be seamless. Adding the spacers, will make it so.

Thanks
mike
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:30 PM   #46
mikepage0007


 
mikepage0007's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: port st lucie ,florida
Posts: 4,274
picked up car tonight , what a nice feeling...took a exit ramp about 65 just to get a feel , no roll , planted smoothly thru ramp..but damn were my tires screaming...NOW i gotta get some tires...i could see how suspension could almost give you a false security, did not feel like i was hardly moving but my speedo and tires told me differently ..so far very happy...mike , what would you rec for daily driving settings on the coilovers? i would search the posts but i know you will see this and give me a good amswer..thanks ..soon as wife gets back in town i will take some snapshots and post them thanks for getting it right mike...if you want i will take a pedders cap and wear with my GET SCREWED kb sc shirts
mikepage0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:41 PM   #47
JusticePete
CamaroCross Founder
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977and2010 View Post
What's the purpose for the spacers? Is it to raise the d-bushings up to fit the clamps better next to the frame? I just ground the clamps down to slide between the swaybar and frame.
Yes, if you send an email to Jacie she will send you a set straight away.

Jacie@PeddersUSA.com
__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:45 PM   #48
JusticePete
CamaroCross Founder
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
picked up car tonight , what a nice feeling...took a exit ramp about 65 just to get a feel , no roll , planted smoothly thru ramp..but damn were my tires screaming...NOW i gotta get some tires...i could see how suspension could almost give you a false security, did not feel like i was hardly moving but my speedo and tires told me differently ..so far very happy...mike , what would you rec for daily driving settings on the coilovers? i would search the posts but i know you will see this and give me a good amswer..thanks ..soon as wife gets back in town i will take some snapshots and post them thanks for getting it right mike...if you want i will take a pedders cap and wear with my GET SCREWED kb sc shirts
Start at 15 front and rear. Drive the car a day or two. Drop them down to 3 and drive it a day or two. Raise them to 27 front and rear. Drive the car a day or two. Now you have a good feel for the range of the adjustment and can set your car to exactly where you like it.

Thank you for choosing Pedders for you Camaro. We appreciate your trust and thank you for your business. Welcome to the Pedders Nation!!!
__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:48 PM   #49
mikepage0007


 
mikepage0007's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: port st lucie ,florida
Posts: 4,274
..thanks pete...will do that..hardest thing is that this car is a year old and has 1800 miles.not really a daily driver.. but i will make effort to drive it everyday to get that feel.
mikepage0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:56 PM   #50
Info@PeddersUSA.com
 
Info@PeddersUSA.com's Avatar
 
Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New England
Posts: 1,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
..thanks pete...will do that..hardest thing is that this car is a year old and has 1800 miles.not really a daily driver.. but i will make effort to drive it everyday to get that feel.
Enjoy your new ride!

mike
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
5th Gen Suspension -- The Book JusticePete Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 148 09-04-2013 03:28 PM
PEDDERS SUCCESSFULLY FITS 305s ON ALL 4 CORNERS! Info@PeddersUSA.com Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 467 06-11-2013 10:45 PM
Installation Camaro Needed for Manual for a Justice Install Package in SF Bay Area Info@PeddersUSA.com USA - California 6 04-30-2010 09:02 PM
The DEFINITIVE EXPLANATION OF CAMARO SUSPENSION, ISSUES, AND UPGRADES Info@PeddersUSA.com Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 106 10-19-2009 07:08 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.