Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 07-09-2012, 07:45 AM   #11051
nohemihere

Drives: 2010 camaro ss white/purple
Andy

Who's gonna teach me to drive!!!! Seriously hope everything works ours for you. You will be missed
nohemihere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:50 AM   #11052
spike III
COTW 6/25/12

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
spikeIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmginc View Post
You gotta do what you gotta do...hope it all works out!
Good Luck with everything. I'll just leave it at that for I Hell of a family & friend that treated me like one of their own.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:53 AM   #11053
kelleyvalley

Drives: 2012 Black Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gchambery View Post
Like these numbers and letters better than the old ones

NICE LUV!!!!
kelleyvalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:57 AM   #11054
ZED SLED

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 Vert M6, 2015 Terrain
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
So I have been looking into future mods and I came across high flow cats and realized there is some controversy(sp) over them with inspections and such. Does anyone know if high flow cats are legal in NY?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
Solos are supposedly legal in all 50 states. That being said, I read that Federal law, probably something in the CAFE standards, states that it is illegal to remove or replace an emissions device unless there is a malfunction with the OEM device. Since I read it on the internet, I know it has to be true. Like Joe said, as long as the 02s are hooked up, there shouldn't be an issue. I can't imagine every podunk backwoods garage that does inspections to know what the cats are supposed to look like on every single car. A dealer, maybe. I usually have mine inspected by my dealer and it's due next month. I'll be going to JimBob's House of Inspection Stickers for this one though. I'll keep you posted on the outcome.
So, got my car inspected Saturday. Instead of going to the dealer like I usually do, I took it to a local shop, keeping my fingers crossed on the cats and the other enhancement that shall be nameless They didn't even put it on the lift. Lights and horn and no issues when they pinged the tree-huggers in Albany. Could be more lax because of low miles, but I'll take it. Good to go for another year.

(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)
ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:31 AM   #11055
stmbtwilli

Drives: 2SS 45th Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3CamarosOnHand View Post
hello gang i need to say some bad news here ,,, iam stepping down and becoming inactive for a while , need to get things straightened out with my life,,, just got a reality check that somethings are more important than friends and cars ,,, Iam going to miss all of you very much but i neeed to do this ,,, Yes Jeff even You ,, some of you have my # you can call if you like ,,,, i may surprise you at the beach but dont count me in for anything for a while ,,, possibly even canada,,, made a lot of close freinds that have become more brothers and sisters than my own .....

Have already contacted Tran and Mark C to let them in on this and to have control of the site transfered to a nother account ,,,,,, i will be ok after things work out dont know how long ,,, GOOD BYE
It has been a pleasure getting to know you Andy. Hope everything turns out for the best and that we meet again somewhere down the road.
Walt
Old 07-09-2012, 08:37 AM   #11056
2010CAMAROJ

Drives: 2006 HHR LT, 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
hello gang i need to say some bad news here ,,, iam stepping down and becoming inactive for a while , need to get things straightened out with my life,,, just got a reality check that somethings are more important than friends and cars ,,, Iam going to miss all of you very much but i neeed to do this ,,, Yes Jeff even You ,, some of you have my # you can call if you like ,,,, i may surprise you at the beach but dont count me in for anything for a while ,,, possibly even canada,,, made a lot of close freinds that have become more brothers and sisters than my own .....

Have already contacted Tran and Mark C to let them in on this and to have control of the site transfered to a nother account ,,,,,, i will be ok after things work out dont know how long ,,, GOOD BYE
Hope everything works out for the best! You will be missed and will talk to you soon! Thanks for everything you have done for us!
Old 07-09-2012, 08:39 AM   #11057
kelleyvalley

Quote:

ITS NOT APRIL FOOLS!! sooooo not cool
Old 07-09-2012, 08:50 AM   #11058
spike III
COTW 6/25/12

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
spikeIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
So, got my car inspected Saturday. Instead of going to the dealer like I usually do, I took it to a local shop, keeping my fingers crossed on the cats and the other enhancement that shall be nameless They didn't even put it on the lift. Lights and horn and no issues when they pinged the tree-huggers in Albany. Could be more lax because of low miles, but I'll take it. Good to go for another year.
Just had mine inspected last Thurs. at chevy dealership in drivers village. Have same solo pipes& headers as person mentioned. They put car on lift pulled front&rear wheel. Had slight leak in hook-up from solos to headerson one side they tightened it up and engine light went out passed Ins. no problem.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:22 AM   #11059
kelleyvalley

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohemihere View Post
Andy

Who's gonna teach me to drive!!!! Seriously hope everything works ours for you. You will be missed

Teach u to drive??? What about me?????????
Old 07-09-2012, 09:33 AM   #11060
nohemihere

Drives: 2010 camaro ss white/purple
Kelly
Dan can teach you!!!
nohemihere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:46 AM   #11061
Duncan420

Drives: 12 45th 2SSRS /11 SW 2SSRS SLP Vert
Quote:

I hope everything works out.You will be dearly missed.Your family will be in our hearts and prayers.Thanks for the good times,we'll be waiting for your return.
Duncan420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:52 AM   #11062
Duncan420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Robinson1 View Post
I'm totally down to go... Let me know the day. You can count Joe in also.
The test and tune is Sunday July 29th.Gates open at 8:00 am.From what I understand,talking with the racers I park with the admission for that day is only 15.00 dollars.There is no points racing,it's open to anyone who wants to make passes down the track!
Old 07-09-2012, 09:54 AM   #11063
Duncan420

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohemihere View Post
I'll go to track with you guys to watch. Too chicken to go down the strip!!!
Chris you can be the photographer.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #11064
Duncan420

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleyvalley View Post
Teach u to drive??? What about me?????????
Kelly I'll teach you.I'll take you down the drag strip!!!!!!
Old 07-09-2012, 09:59 AM   #11065
Duncan420

Chris you can go for a ride too
Old 07-09-2012, 10:09 AM   #11066
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Andy, I am very sad to hear this news :(

You were one of the most welcoming forces in getting me into this club, and the PM's that we had as I waited and waited to order, and finally have my car built really helped build up the excitement for me.

You've helped to build an amazing club, and we won't let you down in keeping the Upstate C5 group what it is!

Do what you have to do to get things in order, we have ALL most likely been there. I know I have. If you ever need anything you have my number. I hope that our paths will cross again.

Best of luck to you and your family.

and Thank you so much for everything you've done for us.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:29 AM   #11067
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
.... but dont count me in for anything for a while ,,, possibly even canada.....GOOD BYE
Umm........NO! Don't make me drive over there!