Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 07-14-2010, 12:20 AM   #1
3min3m2

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SIM L-99
Am I being too demanding??

So I've been having some "issues" with my dealer. Let me give a little background here:
Went camaro shopping over a year ago. Mark up at this dealer was INSANE, and no other dealers had them at the time. Ordering wasn't an option, and quite frankly i couldn't afford the car. They let me drive one that already had some miles(at the time a pure joy) so i was content for a while.

Fast forward one year, now a little more financially stable, I have the camaro i want(an IBM at that!!). I returned to the dealer, mostly because of how they had treated me, and my family having dealt with several of the managers there over a long time.

So sales was all nice and good, but service is where the issues come up....

Clutch stuck halfway to floor. Pedal has never been the same since. Some days its good, some days its bad...Take car in, have to call(aka they NEVER called me, even 30 mins before closing!!) to check on car, they say everythings fine nothing appears wrong. Car is moved a couple of spots over. So i say ok, W/E, they say if u have any more problems come back.

well i roll up on 1500, and go to get oil changed and diff fluid changed. Also looked at trans, they wanted $175 for it alone, which didn't happen. Kinda gave me this "WTF is this kid doing changing fluids at 1500??" look. Anyways all good so far, even a decent price in the end...

GF's car needs an oil change. Its a cobalt, and were already there, so figure why not. They changed it, for a decent price, but NEVER called EITHER of us, nor returned voicemails. We had to call REPEATEDLY to get ahold of them...

GF's car has an ECU issue. have to tow it, and there's no other dealer closer, so we go back. Needs a replacement ECU, gonna be $500. Well figure thats ok, get work done. FYI, they never called us, finally returned a voicemail after i cussed the guy i talked to(Which is out of character for me, i try to remain professional but i was pissed...

Finally call us when car is ready(Hey an Improvement!!) Everything still seems ok here...

So I'm cleaning off the living room table, happen to see the "invoice" for the oil change for hers....Turns out the used 10W-30....car and cap calls for 5W-30...

Now in an 80k mile cobalt its not the end of the world. Its going back soon, and I am DEMANDING it be changed to 5W-30(its what we paid for, a proper oil change) under MY supervision. Not to mention I have a list of stuff to be looked at on the camaro(mostly little stuff, minus the clutch problems) over the past few weeks. Am I demanding to much here??

I was assured(like everyone I assume) that this dealer would treat me right. I made a 30k+ purchase, based on that assumption as well. I could have went elsewhere, but returned due to how i was treated by sales staff both times i was there. Now I'm ready to shoot someone, especially if I find some oil change issue with the Camaro(which it was my oil anyways, but u never know about the ol' switcheroo...)

I'm having a conversation with the sales manager (person i directly purchased from) about there service department, and a conversation(ideally at same time) with the service manager about this. 4 different services, with only the last one resulting in a call back after a cussing....that seems ridiculous to me...

Borla S type, Volant CAI.
3min3m2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:18 PM   #2
Amanda
Givin em hell since 87'

Drives: 2011 SW 1SS M6
I find that if you express your concerns loudly when all of the customers are watching, you get the best service. That doesnt mean you should walk in like a raving banshee but give them a couple chances then go take care of business.

I have had problems with people giving me innacurate information or not even any info at all. I think it is mostly because people dont take me seriously, being a young woman lol. I have even had a salesman tell me to come back with my dad!!! Seems like most people who work at dealerships are more concerned with the things they believe are sure to make them money. (although there are a few good ones out there, even some on this forum)

The squeaky wheel gets the grease right?
Amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:37 PM   #3
67 Convertible

Drives: 67 Camaro Convertible
If I wasn't happy with the service department at a dealership after the first ordeal, I certainly wouldn't go back a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th time, even if it was the closest dealership or the most convenient....If I had to go to the dealer for service, i would find the next closest dealership even if it was a hour or two away.

As you stated, the difference between 10-30 and 5-30 is minimal and won't hurt the car. They will probably tell you they did put in 5-30 and the tech or service writer just wrote the wrong weight on your receipt.

I would never go back to that dealership for service, period.
1100 - 4/28/09
2000 - 5/01/09
2500 - 5/05/09
3000 - 5/05/09
3300 - 5/30/09
3400 - 6/05/09
3800 - 6/18/09
4000 - 6/18/09
4B00 - 6/18/09
4200 - 6/22/09
5000 - 7/01/09
6000 - 7/01/09 It's Home!!
0000 - 7/14/11 Traded in with 24,000 miles. Currently 5th Gen less
67 Convertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:05 PM   #4
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 Convertible View Post
If I wasn't happy with the service department at a dealership after the first ordeal, I certainly wouldn't go back.
/thread.
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:18 PM   #5
jackka

Drives: 2011 Black/Black 2LT/RS M6 w/Sroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
I find that if you express your concerns loudly when all of the customers are watching, you get the best service.
The squeaky wheel gets the grease right?
LOL awesome advice.
jackka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:59 PM   #6
3min3m2

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SIM L-99
I have other ones that are not too inconvienients, I just think it's bs...

Borla S type, Volant CAI.
3min3m2 is offline   Reply With Quote