Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 07-28-2011, 03:42 AM   #57
eastwoodisme

Drives: 2010 LS3 CGM 2SS Camaro
Great post!!!! What exactly is voided in a warranty from electrical installs like this? That's been on my mind for quite some time since I got the car.
eastwoodisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:20 AM   #58
AACstyle

Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwoodisme View Post
Great post!!!! What exactly is voided in a warranty from electrical installs like this? That's been on my mind for quite some time since I got the car.
You are not modifying any factory electrical components so this by law can not and will not void your warranty.

1(800)407-5776
www.AACstyle.com
AACstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:43 PM   #59
eastwoodisme

Drives: 2010 LS3 CGM 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AACstyle View Post
You are not modifying any factory electrical components so this by law can not and will not void your warranty.
SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!! So my JL Audios and Sub Thumb box aren't going to be an issue either?????

But what if I were to splice into some of the factory wiring for other lighting applications. I'm guessing that's a no no for the warranty? What would it void? Just electrical?
eastwoodisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:37 PM   #60
Ph0enix

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Yes, you can unwind the white antenna for more range. If you have the box mounted behind the front grill area as in our instructions you should easily have 20-50ft range.

If you have shorter range, you are correct that the battery may need to be replaced in that case.
I remounted the control box as far into the front fascia as I could it's sitting right in front of the scanner now and the range improved to like you said, about to 20ft. Thanks for the tip!
Old 08-02-2011, 10:38 AM   #61
AACstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph0enix View Post
I remounted the control box as far into the front fascia as I could it's sitting right in front of the scanner now and the range improved to like you said, about to 20ft. Thanks for the tip!
Good to hear

If you need any further assistance please be sure to let us know!

1(800)407-5776
www.AACstyle.com
Old 09-03-2011, 07:07 PM   #62
AACstyle

Bump for SPYDERMAN1

1(800)407-5776
www.AACstyle.com
Old 09-10-2011, 10:20 PM   #63
Tom0662

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
So a question. How has everyone been mounting these? Using double sided tape? or just letting the 2 slots hold it. Just wondering because it could be tough to remove if double sided tape is used. Usually you use some thread etc behind the item to cut through the tape to remove mounted things but with this you may not be able to get behind it..

I just got a scanner this past friday, havnt installed it yet. Also was wondering if it is possible to maybe grilla glue some sort of fastener to the back of the scanner and mount it that way. Just questions and ideas...

Also talk of a formed scanner to fit the angle of the mail slot. As I said I havnt installed mine yet but I did this with a cup. HEY !!! dont laugh at me, lol... Still taped to cup so dont know if it will hold shape or not. Want to leave it like that for a day or 2.
Attached Images

Tom0662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:23 AM   #64
AACstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom0662 View Post
So a question. How has everyone been mounting these? Using double sided tape? or just letting the 2 slots hold it. Just wondering because it could be tough to remove if double sided tape is used. Usually you use some thread etc behind the item to cut through the tape to remove mounted things but with this you may not be able to get behind it..

I just got a scanner this past friday, havnt installed it yet. Also was wondering if it is possible to maybe grilla glue some sort of fastener to the back of the scanner and mount it that way. Just questions and ideas...

Also talk of a formed scanner to fit the angle of the mail slot. As I said I havnt installed mine yet but I did this with a cup. HEY !!! dont laugh at me, lol... Still taped to cup so dont know if it will hold shape or not. Want to leave it like that for a day or 2.

^Okay, this is not a bad idea but guys we do not want you bending these before you install on the Camaro. You run the risk of cracking the circuit board if you bend it too much and crack the PCS the manufacturer will NOT warranty if that happens. We have tried to get the manufacturer to replace for some members that have broken their circuit board and it is just not going to happen so don't take the risk.

The PCB will be safe if you bend it after it is installed in the slot location. If you want to pre-bend your scanners you do so at your own risk the scanner can and should be installed straight. The scanners fits flush in the mailslot and will shape to it when installed.

To help the scanner lay flat in the slot you can install then park the car in the sun for a few hours then, when the scanner is warm, push it down around the "V" shape gently. The warm scanner will retain its shape after it cools.

As for the question about gorilla glue, remember the bumper is going to hold the scanner in, additional adhesive is not a bad idea but even with no adhesive the scanner is not going anywhere. A small amount of tape or glue will do the job.

1(800)407-5776
www.AACstyle.com
Old 09-11-2011, 07:36 PM   #65
Tom0662

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AACstyle View Post
^Okay, this is not a bad idea but guys we do not want you bending these before you install on the Camaro. You run the risk of cracking the circuit board if you bend it too much and crack the PCS the manufacturer will NOT warranty if that happens. We have tried to get the manufacturer to replace for some members that have broken their circuit board and it is just not going to happen so don't take the risk.

The PCB will be safe if you bend it after it is installed in the slot location. If you want to pre-bend your scanners you do so at your own risk the scanner can and should be installed straight. The scanners fits flush in the mailslot and will shape to it when installed.

To help the scanner lay flat in the slot you can install then park the car in the sun for a few hours then, when the scanner is warm, push it down around the "V" shape gently. The warm scanner will retain its shape after it cools.

As for the question about gorilla glue, remember the bumper is going to hold the scanner in, additional adhesive is not a bad idea but even with no adhesive the scanner is not going anywhere. A small amount of tape or glue will do the job.
Ok, I understand what you are saying. Here is the results, picture attached after removing from the cup.
After removing I connected it to my battery pack and tested all functions, worked great. got the car ready and cut holes with a dremel and inserted the scanner to where I wanted it. Connected power and ground and tested all functions, working good. Wire tied the wiring and used a piece of velcro for the module and mounted it. Retested scanner, all functions working good.
Before installing plate back into car I removed the wires and installed eyelets on wire ends and reinstalled wiring. Retest, not working.
Figured maybe ground was not very good so removed it and touched it to thermostat housing. Some of the leds came on but not flashing or anything. Kept trying to ground and differant colors would light up but no flashing. After trying a fews time I decided to cut ties and remove scanner to check all wiring and make sure nothing got cut or damged from wire ties etc, no problems found.
Reinstalled plastic piece back in mail slot and called it quits. Brought scanner back in house and tried battery pack again. Some leds would light up, some bright, some not. Checked along the scanner during testing and found the 7th led in from where wiring goes into scanner is getting hot. Anyway, you guys make the call if its my fault or not. Worked great when it did. Thanks, Tom
Attached Images

Tom0662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:07 PM   #66
Mark A Collier Sr
Retired Army, 101st ABN

Drives: 2 SS/RS w/sunroof
I like it!!!
BORN ON 4 NOV 09 at 12:26pm VIN:63460~ HOME on 18 NOV 09!
"101BABY"
Mark A Collier Sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:22 PM   #67
ivanrivera35

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS/IOM 6M
I just got my scanner v2 but I don't know where or how to connect red cable in the fuse box for my 2010 camaro. Can somebody take some pictures or diagram and post it in here?

Thanks for your time and support.
Black Interior / White Stripes
PSL, Florida
ivanrivera35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:50 PM   #68
AACstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanrivera35 View Post
I just got my scanner v2 but I don't know where or how to connect red cable in the fuse box for my 2010 camaro. Can somebody take some pictures or diagram and post it in here?

Thanks for your time and support.
Easiest way is the power lug right in the front of the fuse box.

Here you go:

1(800)407-5776
www.AACstyle.com
Old 09-30-2011, 08:12 PM   #69
valnzula
4Cs Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Which one do I order?
valnzula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:08 PM   #70
AACstyle

New scanner video from one of our customers!

1(800)407-5776
www.AACstyle.com