Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vector Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6) Driveshafts | Differentials | Gears | Rearends | Clutch | Shifters

Old 10-30-2014, 07:31 PM   #1
TommyTheCat
SLWMARO

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Any recommendations for an M6 LFX Clutch upgrade?

I've got to tear open the transmission for another issue, but I figure while I'm there it may be worth it to upgrade the clutch to something nicer. Any recommendations? Or should the stock be OK for pushing more power? I'm looking to add turbos in the future and would rather not have everything upgraded all at once to avoid a huge bill
Old 10-31-2014, 09:44 AM   #2
hazy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I have a Katech LS9X clutch, and am happy with it.
hazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 11:12 AM   #3
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

Drives: dangerously
This is for a v6 not a v8, I believe monster and spec are the only options, price is not bad but you have to get a new fly wheel so your talking 1200 ish. The stock clutch will tap out pretty quick on that setup. Lotta bolt on guys report clutch slippage and they are not close to that kinda power.

Sent from the desert.
o; Slp loud mouth I|maganflow x-pipe|Injen long ram intake|tinted tail lights | brembo brake upgrade| russell s.s. lines|2LT polished 19's |
'10 2Lt Camaro; being beat up by the woman......
'77 T/A 6.6;,kre-d port heads|10.5 compression. forged rotating assym.|hydro. roller valve train| 850 quad-zilla.
Vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 11:31 AM   #4
Joey@Tick

Drives: All GM Performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
I've got to tear open the transmission for another issue, but I figure while I'm there it may be worth it to upgrade the clutch to something nicer. Any recommendations? Or should the stock be OK for pushing more power? I'm looking to add turbos in the future and would rather not have everything upgraded all at once to avoid a huge bill
Monster hasn't came out with a clutch yet for the V6 variants but they assured us they are working on it. And VROOM is right SPEC has a ton of options for your application but only sell them with the ALUMINUM FLYWHEEL option so any clutch you go with can be a little on the pricey side, but they offer a STAGE 1,2,2+,3, 3+,4, 5 ranging from 340ftlbs all the way up to 649ftlbs for the level 5. Let us know as we are a carrier for SPEC if you want to go that route and we'll see what kind of pricing we can get for you. Either call us mon-fri 8am-6pm est. at 336-719-0599 or shoot us over an email support@tick-performance.com we'd be happy to help you.
Joey@Tick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 06:17 PM   #5
TommyTheCat
SLWMARO

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey@Tick View Post
Monster hasn't came out with a clutch yet for the V6 variants but they assured us they are working on it. And VROOM is right SPEC has a ton of options for your application but only sell them with the ALUMINUM FLYWHEEL option so any clutch you go with can be a little on the pricey side, but they offer a STAGE 1,2,2+,3, 3+,4, 5 ranging from 340ftlbs all the way up to 649ftlbs for the level 5. Let us know as we are a carrier for SPEC if you want to go that route and we'll see what kind of pricing we can get for you. Either call us mon-fri 8am-6pm est. at 336-719-0599 or shoot us over an email support@tick-performance.com we'd be happy to help you.
I will definitely contact you before doing anything. I think I'm going to hold off on the clutch for a while but definitely on the to-do list
Old 11-02-2014, 10:33 AM   #6
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 Summit White 2LT/RS
Shoot sycraft a pm... He has a twin disc clutch for our cars from RAM clutches. That will be what I do.
Mods: VMAX Ported Throttle Body, K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Solo High Flow Cats, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Caliper Conversion, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, Custom 2.5"/3" Magnaflow Exhaust

Next: Wheels / Tires, or boost.

DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote