Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Night Owl LED
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery All Camaro related pictures, videos and other assorted media.

View Poll Results: Which orange color would you rather be able to order on the Camaro.
Hugger Orange 97 61.78%
Inferno Orange Mettalic 43 27.39%
I like them both exactly the same 17 10.83%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2008, 12:48 PM   #51
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEARHEAD View Post
As I already stated he did verify that it was IOM, and I doubt he would lie.
Well I'll be damned..

Scott,

Is the IOM in the cutaway a good representation of what the IOM we will be getting on the Camaro is? Because the IOM on the Solstice and Hummer I've seen looks very different. More red. This looks like it isn't metallic and more like hugger or tangier orange than IOM.

Last edited by Supermans; 11-13-2008 at 01:58 PM.
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 01:03 PM   #52
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Drives: GM Toyz
Quote:
I sent him a PM, and here is his reply...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEARHEAD
Hello fbodfather,

Thanks for all of the info you provide. I am dying to know what the color on the cutaway Camaro is called. Do you happen to know? That is the orange that we were all envisioning on our Camaro's and I will do anything to get that color. If there is no possibility of Chevy adding that bright orange color to their lineup I will have mine painted that color, but it has already been stated by a few that we will gladly pay extra for that color if we need to. Thanks in advance.

Inferno Orange Metallic - -the color we're offering!
THAT is incredible news! I am SO happy to know he confirmed this color as IOM
Old 11-13-2008, 02:15 PM   #53
lakestar

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Color on computer photos can be a tricky thing since it is dependent on original lighting, camera quality; camera settings; file format, compression, and settings; monitor quality; and monitor settings.

That being said, after looking at these and other posts and photos on the site, it appears to me that the Camaro team is playing with IOM and it will not be the same IOM we are seeing on the Hummer and Solstice. It will be more orange and less red. We can only hope.
Black Hood and Hockey Stripes
Polished Aluminum Wheels
Orange Engine Cover
lakestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:36 PM   #54
1_2Many

Drives: 2008 Suzuki SX4
My Fuji camera tends to make red cars orange. I have came home from many a car show and said.."I don't remember that car being orange?".
Old 11-13-2008, 07:14 PM   #55
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2013 Acadia Denali
i would have bought hugger orange if they made it.

2012 Porsche Panamera 4
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:26 PM   #56
Sharpe

Drives: White/White '99 Z28 M6 Y3F
The only reason I'm not on the new Camaro boat until the second year is due to colors.

My first choice was white with victory red stripes and victory red interior. Then, I learned that they aren't offering white in the first run. And then, I learned they are not offering the victory red interior anymore.

So, my second choice was orange with white stripes and white leather (like the interior in the 'vert concept). I was still willing to order an orange '10 car. However, I saw the orange being offered on my computer screen and I said, "That's it. I'm out. No new Camaro for me this time around."

This cutaway color, as it appears on my computer screen, is awesome. I'm very disappointed that I can't get white leather with it, but I think I still would have gone for it, but there's too much confusion. I just don't know how it will really look.

So, I'm waiting. GM lost me as a first-run buyer (not that they care) over colors, and all I'm really interested in is the LS3. But, if I can't have my first or second choice, I'm not paying premium for a new car.

Here's hoping I can get a white/red stripe/red OR white leather car or an orange/white stripe/white leather car in '11. As it stands with me now, those are the only color combos that I will order new. Those are good combos that I think they should offer.
Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:34 PM   #57
swifttal
Man, this guy's a d!*k

Drives: '91 Z-28, '94 BMW 540i
Quote:
I sent him a PM, and here is his reply...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEARHEAD
Hello fbodfather,

Thanks for all of the info you provide. I am dying to know what the color on the cutaway Camaro is called. Do you happen to know? That is the orange that we were all envisioning on our Camaro's and I will do anything to get that color. If there is no possibility of Chevy adding that bright orange color to their lineup I will have mine painted that color, but it has already been stated by a few that we will gladly pay extra for that color if we need to. Thanks in advance.

Inferno Orange Metallic - -the color we're offering!
Thank you god, thank you Scott and thank you GM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
swifttal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:15 PM   #58
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
I hope this shows that there is an interest in Hugger Orange or anything that looks like hugger orange. Hugger orange is not bland, flat or boring and is preferred by enthusiasts on this forum almost 2:1 over Inferno Orange Metallic. I hope GM is listening and I thank you all for voting. I do hope that IOM is being re-done and will be the orange we see in the cut-aways and not what we see in the current solstice.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:26 PM   #59
swifttal
Man, this guy's a d!*k

Drives: '91 Z-28, '94 BMW 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
I hope this shows that there is an interest in Hugger Orange or anything that looks like hugger orange. Hugger orange is not bland, flat or boring and is preferred by enthusiasts on this forum almost 2:1 over Inferno Orange Metallic. I hope GM is listening and I thank you all for voting. I do hope that IOM is being re-done and will be the orange we see in the cut-aways and not what we see in the current solstice.
If that is what makes it to production, I change my vote to IOM
swifttal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:59 PM   #60
sykb47l

Drives: 73' VW Bug
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
well.............ok................

There are a total of 4 -- (soon to be 5) Show cars --

Silver SS (at Indy)

Black SS (now silver -- at NBC Studios)

Yellow RS (at Indy)

Red RS (at Indy)

.........and we brought an IVER so that people could sit in it -- and also look at what may be an iconic vehicle from the past year.

Believe me -- we wish we could have had a Camaro in every color -- but to do that would have meant moving the event to November -- do you think people would have wanted to bring their Camaros and Firebirds and Corvettes out in November (meaning those who live north of the mason/dixon?????)

What we DID do was to ensure that we had a new GM car on display to represent each of the 10 colors --

White G8
Orange Solstice
Cyber Gray ZR1
Red Z06
Imperial Blue Cobalt SS
Red Jewel Malibu LTZ
Aqua Blue HHR
Black Equinox Sport
Silver Traverse
Yellow RS -- and they were all in the courtyard in a row............

Moreover, we had 14 cars for everyone to drive - from Cobalt Turbo SS and Corvette to G8 V8 and CTS -- not to mention Tahoe Hybrid and Silverado
Duramax and Solstice.................

I do believe most people were glad they'd made the trip.........

............and then there was the opportunity to talk to engineers and designers........
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...72&postcount=9
sykb47l is offline   Reply With Quote