Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2010, 10:55 PM   #1
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider
 
Cyber Gray's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2SS/RS 2014; JK Wrangler 2011
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Muscat
Posts: 2,032
DBA Rotors

Guys did anybody try these rotors?

http://www.bluecollarperformance.com/2010-cam-dba.html
__________________
Im not Gray any more !!
Cyber Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:50 AM   #2
Chris_B
 
Chris_B's Avatar
 
Drives: Several
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Gray View Post
DBA are some of the finest rotors made anywhere for street and high-performance use. They have a rather high, but practical, temperature limit on the track -- about 1250°F sustained. On the street, they wear substantially slower than almost all other rotors I've tested due to the metallurgy they choose to work with and the thermal post-processing they do. Specifically, the iron flake size is slightly larger, but I'll spare you all the other details!

One note: Only buy the 4000 (1-piece) or 5000 (2-piece) series rotors. The Street Series, although a few bucks cheaper, does not have the thermal post-processing techniques. Those few bucks are well spend on the better versions as they will typically repay themselves many times over.

Chris
Chris_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:30 PM   #3
2quick

 
Drives: none
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: in the front
Posts: 1,151
Those are nice. I would keep looking on the web for a better price. Pm around and i think you could get a better price.
2quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:42 PM   #4
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider
 
Cyber Gray's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2SS/RS 2014; JK Wrangler 2011
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Muscat
Posts: 2,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_B View Post
DBA are some of the finest rotors made anywhere for street and high-performance use. They have a rather high, but practical, temperature limit on the track -- about 1250°F sustained. On the street, they wear substantially slower than almost all other rotors I've tested due to the metallurgy they choose to work with and the thermal post-processing they do. Specifically, the iron flake size is slightly larger, but I'll spare you all the other details!

One note: Only buy the 4000 (1-piece) or 5000 (2-piece) series rotors. The Street Series, although a few bucks cheaper, does not have the thermal post-processing techniques. Those few bucks are well spend on the better versions as they will typically repay themselves many times over.

Chris
Thank you Chirs for the information. I really appreciate your help and the hints.
__________________
Im not Gray any more !!
Cyber Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:45 PM   #5
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider
 
Cyber Gray's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2SS/RS 2014; JK Wrangler 2011
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Muscat
Posts: 2,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2quick View Post
Those are nice. I would keep looking on the web for a better price. Pm around and i think you could get a better price.
Well sure it is a blessing !!

Once I started putting more hp on my 1LT, I realized the need for stronger brakes.

I guess that I will combine the DBA 400 rotors with hawk ceramic pads.
__________________
Im not Gray any more !!
Cyber Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:53 PM   #6
JusticePete
Rebel Leader
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,384
I have known the owners of DBA for quite some time. They are quality people that make a quality product. Would you expect anything less from an Aussie company?
__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:02 PM   #7
d69chris
Florida C5
 
d69chris's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tequesta, FL
Posts: 2,615
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
I have Racing Brake rotors on the front of my car, waiting for the rears due in Oct.

Hardly any wear on the rotors after an exciting day at the track. Used up the pads.

Pushed them to the limit in Fontana for the Hurst Muscle Car Challenge.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Ordered 11/08/08....Del. 08/05/2009 Loving every minute of it! Don't hate me because i'm Pretty....
d69chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:15 PM   #8
Rob@WretchedMS

 
Rob@WretchedMS's Avatar
 
Drives: His Wife Crazy Phone:860-880-0486
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Silas Deane Auto,CT Name: Rob Anderson
Posts: 1,651
I have trusted DBA with my life, and will continue to do so in the future.
When you are heading in to turn 1 at 140+mph, you want to know that your rotors and pads are going to get the job done.

The DBA's have been flawless and are on both of my cars.

http://wretchedms.com/General-Motors...247/index.html
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 03:28 AM   #9
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider
 
Cyber Gray's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2SS/RS 2014; JK Wrangler 2011
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Muscat
Posts: 2,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS View Post
I have trusted DBA with my life, and will continue to do so in the future.
When you are heading in to turn 1 at 140+mph, you want to know that your rotors and pads are going to get the job done.

The DBA's have been flawless and are on both of my cars.

http://wretchedms.com/General-Motors...247/index.html
Sounds Great!

What pads do you use with the DBA rotors ?
__________________
Im not Gray any more !!
Cyber Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 06:05 AM   #10
Rob@WretchedMS

 
Rob@WretchedMS's Avatar
 
Drives: His Wife Crazy Phone:860-880-0486
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Silas Deane Auto,CT Name: Rob Anderson
Posts: 1,651
I run the Hawk Ceramics for daily driving, and i use Cobalt Friction Race pads for the track.

The Hawks have a good performance and are quieter then some of their other more aggressive compounds for the street.

The Cobalt Frictions are expensive, (still need to ad them to the site for the Camaro) but they are BASS ASS!

ps, Yngwie is the man!
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:27 AM   #11
chris@lsrperformance
 
Drives: 2010 yellow beast
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: valdosta
Posts: 42
DBA makes a great rotor.You will not be disappointed.PM for some prices
www.lsrperformance.com
chris@lsrperformance.com
229-245-9045
chris@lsrperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:31 AM   #12
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider
 
Cyber Gray's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2SS/RS 2014; JK Wrangler 2011
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Muscat
Posts: 2,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS View Post
I run the Hawk Ceramics for daily driving, and i use Cobalt Friction Race pads for the track.

The Hawks have a good performance and are quieter then some of their other more aggressive compounds for the street.

The Cobalt Frictions are expensive, (still need to ad them to the site for the Camaro) but they are BASS ASS!

ps, Yngwie is the man!
I was thinking about combining DBAs with Hawk ceramics but waiting for some recommendations. So thanks man.

Yup Yngwie wrote it on his fingers (DBA stop me if you dare )
__________________
Im not Gray any more !!
Cyber Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:36 AM   #13
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider
 
Cyber Gray's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2SS/RS 2014; JK Wrangler 2011
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Muscat
Posts: 2,032
Well I will put them on my list of (must buy mods) and will order them after testing my CAI next month.

So thanx to you both Chris and Rob.
__________________
Im not Gray any more !!
Cyber Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
R1 Concepts Premium Rotors and Pads - limited time member discount/ groupbuy! r1concepts Suspension / Chassis / Brakes 414 09-02-2014 08:49 PM
DBA Brake Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads, and Motul Fluids! AJ@ECSMotorsports Suspension / Chassis / Brakes 49 11-13-2010 03:57 PM
Anyone have impressions of DBA Brake Rotors Tecca Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 6 02-18-2010 12:23 PM
2-piece rotors for all 4 corners group buy Doc Suspension / Chassis / Brakes 96 12-31-2009 03:18 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.