Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:14 PM   #1
Gunner USMC
One shot, one kill...

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
idle problem, help me brothers!

Hey guys I got a ss/m6 and I have solo hi flow cats, an adm street intake and a sct tune. I have noticed my rpms jumping to 1000 rpms at stop lights on occassion. I know its more than just the cam idling rough. I took the tune off back to stock and retightened all the bolts on the intake in case of an air leak and it is still doing it. Even after a battery disconnect. The car runs smooth but I am still worried because I know its not normal. And it was not doing this the first few days with the new intake...Please help! I do not want to go as far as changing the intake back to stock and testing it again. Please help!!!
Old 07-19-2010, 10:16 PM   #2
Huck1974
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS
just guessing. You should check lines. Vacuum leaking? Something is leaking.
Huck1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:18 PM   #3
Capthowdy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to Capthowdy
get a shop to do a smoke check...
Capthowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:08 AM   #4
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
Off-topic... you're a Gunner in the Marines... as in a Warrant Officer?

Ok, back on topic.

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:33 AM   #5
Gunner USMC
One shot, one kill...

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
I'm a gunner as in mk19 truck gunner, position in Iraq not to be mistaken of one of the greatest ranks of our beloved corps.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:02 AM   #6
CombatVet0311

Drives: blk 2010 camaro 2ss l99
Semper fi sir.

If you're running your AC the idle might be a bit higher, also vaccum leaks as others have suggested.

I dont know this for sure but can't you set the idle speed on a handheld tuner?

edit: ok I see your not an officer, disregard the sir part. We work for a living.
CombatVet0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:15 AM   #7
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner USMC View Post
I'm a gunner as in mk19 truck gunner, position in Iraq not to be mistaken of one of the greatest ranks of our beloved corps.
Ok, that makes more sense. I just wouldn't expect a Gunner to be coming through here tweaking a Camaro... but then you never do know. Ha! Oh and 0331 2000-2004.

Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
Old 07-20-2010, 08:37 AM   #8
CombatVet0311

seems to be alot of warriors and former warriors on these boards, I salute you all.

It's amazing how much more the Marine Corps means to me after I retired. You guys have accomplished more and endured far worse hardships than most ever realize.

We are TRULLY fortunate to live in a country where we have young men that are WILLING to be forged into a weapon in the name of preservation of this great nation.

You guys will always have a brother in me. RIP to the fallen.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:47 AM   #9
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatVet0311 View Post
seems to be alot of warriors and former warriors on these boards, I salute you all.

It's amazing how much more the Marine Corps means to me after I retired. You guys have accomplished more and endured far worse hardships than most ever realize.

We are TRULLY fortunate to live in a country where we have young men that are WILLING to be forged into a weapon in the name of preservation of this great nation.

You guys will always have a brother in me. RIP to the fallen.
Not to get the... ... but I always had thoughts to go back in. I liked having the experience and doing most of what I did (of course I wasn't happy 100% of the time), but I feel like I didn't get enough accomplished. Four years is a good amount of time, but nowhere near what I could have put in.

But anyway... apologies on taking the thread off course.

Old 07-20-2010, 09:15 AM   #10
CombatVet0311

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Shields View Post
Not to get the... ... but I always had thoughts to go back in. I liked having the experience and doing most of what I did (of course I wasn't happy 100% of the time), but I feel like I didn't get enough accomplished. Four years is a good amount of time, but nowhere near what I could have put in.

But anyway... apologies on taking the thread off course.
You have already done more than most will in their lives, especially considering the fact that you chose to join the infantry. In my eyes if you have picked up a weapon and fired in anger at the enemy of our country you are golden, especially if your first experiences as a man are sacrifice in the name of honor.

Many will never know how it feels to be cold, wet, dirty, tired, hungry, scared and still have the courage to send a wall of lead down range to let the enemy know that Marines aren't to be fvcked with, but grunts do, and that should never be discounted.