Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Fabberge
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 07-21-2010, 02:10 PM   #1
Pumpkin1LT

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Unhappy Getting worried and kinda PO'ed...WHAT is wrong with my car!?!?

So I THOUGHT the only problem with my passenger side door was the window motor.. Simple replace right? That's what I thought, but after sitting in the service dept of the dealership from 9am to 12pm yesterday, I was sent home being told that something is wrong with the alignment of the passenger side door "it will be afew more hours, we'll have her done first thing in the morning". Well, it's now 2pm the next day and after four phone calls to the dealership service dept NO ONE is giving it to me straight. They can't seem to get the door realigned and its taking longer than they had anticipated. That's all they are telling me at this point and I'm getting worried and pissed off!

What in the world could be the problem!? This car has NEVER been dinged or in an accident, te door should be fine!

Uuggghhhhhhh

A happy wife is one in the garage getting dirty under her 2010 Camaro!

Last edited by Pumpkin1LT; 07-21-2010 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Mis spelling
Pumpkin1LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:19 PM   #2
egad09

Drives: 2010 CGM 1SS Camaro
Yikes!

Sounds like the dealer is just being EXTRA EXTRA cautious making sure the job is done 100% to your expectations ... or someone screwed up.

Hope you get your baby back soon!
Old 07-21-2010, 02:20 PM   #3
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2001 Maxima
I haven't heard this before.... Keep us updated.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:22 PM   #4
Tallboy
Say "when"...

Drives: 11 2LT
Someone f-ed up the part, your car, or both.

[I've spent over 10 years in dealership service departments.]
Tallboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:22 PM   #5
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by guiLT View Post
+1
Old 07-21-2010, 02:28 PM   #6
Pumpkin1LT

If someone f*Ed up ANYTHING on my car, y'all are gonna be hearing a headline "WOMAN GOES POSTAL ON DEALERSHIP WHEN HER CAMARO WAS MESSED UP". And my pretty little a$$ is taking a vacay to the pokie!

Old 07-21-2010, 02:47 PM   #7
Berean

Drives: Truck
Sounds like the service dept. damaged your door and they're scrambling to cover it up.

A window motor has nothing to do with the "alignment" of your door. I would have immediately asked them to show me what they were talking about.

Although you may have seen something like your door laying on the bay floor where the service tech tried to back it out of the bay and didn't bother to notice the passenger door was still open, ripping it off the hinges on the bay lift next to it.

I'd find out if your car is even still at the dealership or if they've already towed it to the nearest bodyshop for repairs.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:51 PM   #8
Rip

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berean View Post
Sounds like the service dept. damaged your door and they're scrambling to cover it up.

A window motor has nothing to do with the "alignment" of your door. I would have immediately asked them to show me what they were talking about.

Although you may have seen something like your door laying on the bay floor where the service tech tried to back it out of the bay and didn't bother to notice the passenger door was still open, ripping it off the hinges on the bay lift next to it.

I'd find out if your car is even still at the dealership or if they've already towed it to the nearest bodyshop for repairs.
+1
Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:57 PM   #9
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by guiLT View Post
Quote:

This is actually something popping up on the forums. If you search around a few people have had this issue. The window isn't aligning properly and they're thinking it's the motor. Turns out the door is completely off.

I imagine the door needs to be replaced and they can't figure out where to get one quickly (in the same color no less). They're probably busy trying to find out what the options are and can't even begin to tell you what's going on.

I wouldn't get too crazy about it yet. I know I wouldn't be happy as it's my daily driver... but if after a couple days you don't find out what's going on I would go down there and stand in their lobby until a manager tells you exactly what is happening.

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!

Last edited by John Shields; 07-21-2010 at 03:12 PM.
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:07 PM   #10
Berean

I found this thread about passenger door alignment problems but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the window.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ight=alignment
Old 07-21-2010, 03:12 PM   #11
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Quote:
I found this thread about passenger door alignment problems but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the window.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ight=alignment
No there's another couple posts about it. They're not their own threads... so you'll have to really search for it. I try to look through every thread on the forums to see what's happening... so going back through my history is impossible.

Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
Old 07-21-2010, 03:19 PM   #12
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin1LT View Post
If someone f*Ed up ANYTHING on my car, y'all are gonna be hearing a headline "WOMAN GOES POSTAL ON DEALERSHIP WHEN HER CAMARO WAS MESSED UP". And my pretty little a$$ is taking a vacay to the pokie!

Old 07-21-2010, 03:21 PM   #13
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Yeah I want to see a picture... or YouTube video of you strangling one of the techs.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:24 PM   #14
Pumpkin1LT

UPDATE! Seems as though I was getting the "woman that doesn't know anything about cars treatment"...so I called up the Service manager and Foreman (whom I have had many conversations with in regards to cars)..and here is what he told me:

The door alignment is fine..couldn't be any cleaner. The problem is this... When the battery was disconnected and the motor replaced, SOMEHOW the computer started to throw codes and will not remember how to index. Basically, I have completely LoST the idexing program and the computer will not accept the download. They don't know why this is happening, maybe a kink...etc.. They just don't know. They've got the foreman and head engineer on te case...and will continue to search for the problem. I'll keep y'all posted.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:23 PM   #15
Berean

Quote:
The door alignment is fine..couldn't be any cleaner. The problem is this... When the battery was disconnected and the motor replaced, SOMEHOW the computer started to throw codes and will not remember how to index. Basically, I have completely LoST the idexing program and the computer will not accept the download. They don't know why this is happening, maybe a kink...etc.. They just don't know. They've got the foreman and head engineer on te case...and will continue to search for the problem. I'll keep y'all posted.

Translation: Your car is still in the body shop having the horrible damage we caused to your door fixed. We'll switch tactics now and keep you occupied with techno babble......your computer..blah..blah...indexing...blah...blah..... .head engineer.......blah...blah.....blah........as soon as the paint dries and we get the clear coat buffed out, the computer will suddenly correct itself with no explanation why......
Old 07-21-2010, 04:39 PM   #16
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
.......taking a vacay to the pokie!
Huh?!

Quote:
UPDATE! Seems as though I was getting the "woman that doesn't know anything about cars treatment"...so I called up the Service manager and Foreman (whom I have had many conversations with in regards to cars)..and here is what he told me:

That's code for, "Tell her it's electronic til the other whole door gets here"
Old 07-21-2010, 04:41 PM   #17
Pumpkin1LT

Yeah..I feel a WHOLE lot better after THAT explaination..

They can't even tell me why the program was wiped out of the computer to begin with..cause it WASN'T like that when I dropped the car off. My thoughts!? Dropped the door when removing it and caused paint damage..broke te window while installing the new motor... I just need to stop thinking.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:42 PM   #18
Pumpkin1LT

[QUOTE=PQ;2125960]Huh?!

Throw my butt in jail.....

Old 07-21-2010, 04:52 PM   #19
Berean

Anytime they use the term "Head Engineer", you know they're BSing you.

Although....there's an outside chance they could be telling the truth about your computer.

Maybe when they ripped off the passenger door, the force was such that it jack knifed into your front fender, crumpling the fender into the engine compartment, damaging your BCM.

They may be waiting on a replacement BCM while the other damage is being repaired.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:55 PM   #20
Tallboy
Say "when"...

Drives: 11 2LT
I don't, for a split second, believe the tech disconnected the battery to do a window motor.
Tallboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:03 PM   #21
camaropete
I love crepes

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Send a message via AIM to camaropete Send a message via Yahoo to camaropete
Relax. Don't worry. Your car is just fine. They are putting the last of the pieces back together and they should have it ready for you sometime tomorrow or the next day at the latest. To make you feel better, here's a picture of your car right this second...

Note that the door looks fine.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:26 PM   #22
CamaroVision

Drives: 2010 Black 1LT/RS
You've just been overhauled!
Old 07-21-2010, 05:44 PM   #23
motorhead

Drives: yummy
Quote:
Translation: Your car is still in the body shop having the horrible damage we caused to your door fixed. We'll switch tactics now and keep you occupied with techno babble......your computer..blah..blah...indexing...blah...blah..... .head engineer.......blah...blah.....blah........as soon as the paint dries and we get the clear coat buffed out, the computer will suddenly correct itself with no explanation why......
RIGHT!
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:59 PM   #24
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Great work guys, making her feel....

WORSE!!

Deep breaths and they'll make it right for you. Just keep on them...
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; Subthump; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:07 PM   #25
formare
Suspension by Pedders

Drives: Synergy Edition 13.71@102 1.95 60'
They have your car and are gonna fix it. End of story. Might take some time. But you'll get it back better than you left it. Now once it's back in your hands and your happy.... Unleash hell upon them until they tell you the truth about what was done.