Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack Discuss issues related to wheels and tires

Old 07-21-2010, 07:50 PM   #1
ducq

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS LS3 blck w/ IOM
Painting the RS rims

I did a really good job painting my engine cover and calipers and I'd like to attempt to paint my rims next. I'll likely rattle can on adhesive promoter, primer, engine paint, and maybe clear coat. I'm a real newb to this stuff but reading up on enough threads I feel I can do most mods myself. What kind of prep work should I do on the polished finish on these RS rims. Just sand? Or some kind of liquid to get rid of the finish on these rims. How well would this paint job hold?

I know someones going to say , just pay someone to powdercoat them! But I'm the kinda guy that takes pride and joy in doing these projects with my own two hands, my iPod and some beers!
ducq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:41 PM   #2
ducq

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS LS3 blck w/ IOM
._.
ducq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:57 PM   #3
sparias

Drives: Black Camaro 2011 2LT/RS
how did you paint the calipers? i'd like to paint mine also, can you give me some directions, i'm planning also on painting my rims, i successfully painted the tail light bezels flat black and also the engine cover, so i think i would like to try what you did.

thanks for any tips

2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Black
sparias is offline   Reply With Quote