Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Classic Industries
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:53 AM   #1
Duck
Autobahn lover

Drives: 2011 SIM Camaro 2SS RS M6
Post here if you're waiting for you dealer to get allocation

I gave my dealer a $500 check on June 15th and they still haven't received "allocation" to order my Camaro. I call them about every two weeks to inquire about getting an order placed but they just say that they're still wating to get and opening from GM. Anybody else in the same boat? Please commiserate here!

2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS 6.2L M6 Silver/Beige:
Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:41 AM   #2
JustFresh

Drives: 2011 1LT RS M6 Black
I hear you! I placed my order last saturday (The 17th) and i am impatiently waiting for my order to go through

Shouldn't be too long i hope...maybe by next tuesday....

They told me to call back every tuesday and thursday because those are the days they get allocation...

Hope we get ours soon! I am annoying everyone in my life by talking about it
JustFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:20 PM   #3
Duck
Autobahn lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustFresh View Post
I hear you! I placed my order last saturday (The 17th) and i am impatiently waiting for my order to go through ............
It sounds like you at least went throught the order process. I've been waiting over a month and haven't even sat down with the dealer to work through an order. Maybe it wouldn't make any difference in the elapsed time but I think I'd feel a little better having the order part of the process done.

Whatever. I try not to talk to my family too much about it cuz I know I'll drive them nuts. I can vent here and receive a little bit of sympathy.

Old 07-22-2010, 02:55 PM   #4
SchwarzerDrache
No, it is not an SS

Drives: SIM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck View Post
I've been waiting over a month and haven't even sat down with the dealer to work through an order. .
Huh? Allocation or not they can place the order. They just need allocation to have it accepted by GM. My advice...get your money back and find a new dealer.
SchwarzerDrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 03:12 PM   #5
snowtrill

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6- Rogue
Quote:
It sounds like you at least went throught the order process. I've been waiting over a month and haven't even sat down with the dealer to work through an order. Maybe it wouldn't make any difference in the elapsed time but I think I'd feel a little better having the order part of the process done.

Whatever. I try not to talk to my family too much about it cuz I know I'll drive them nuts. I can vent here and receive a little bit of sympathy.
Wait - you haven't even given them the order for the car?

Get your money back immediately and find another dealer. I didn't give my dealer a deposit until after the order was in the system and I had the pricing.

Then either think about using one of the sponsor dealers on C6 or start calling all of the local dealerships and ask if they allocation available before any other discussion.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:46 PM   #6
JustFresh

Yeah I don't understand the logic behind your deposit...

Why would you give them the money if you havn't even made an order?

What are you reserving?
Old 07-22-2010, 04:54 PM   #7
RipperFox
Grrr!!!

Drives: BLK/IOM '11 2SS/RS
I know of a dealer in Oklahoma that has an allocation and no buyer...

"What would ya do for a Klindike bar...."

J/K...pm me if ya need to use it.

Oh, and it sounds to me like that dealer is reserving you, not you reserving you car.

Hes got your money, no order, and you have to go back to him to make a order now, or risk not getting you money back from a non-existant order. I would be throwing and !!!Fookin-Fit!!!.
3. See rule #1
RipperFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:18 PM   #8
Duck
Autobahn lover

I trust the dealer well enough and know the salesman quite well. The $500 reserves their 1st allocation. I'm just wondering how long I'll have to wait for allocation and I might feel better about waiting for allocation with an order under my belt. In the end, it probably doesn't make much difference. It looks like my Camaro will be their 1st 2011 Camaro.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:06 PM   #9
SchwarzerDrache
No, it is not an SS

Quote:
I trust the dealer well enough and know the salesman quite well. The $500 reserves their 1st allocation. I'm just wondering how long I'll have to wait for allocation and I might feel better about waiting for allocation with an order under my belt. In the end, it probably doesn't make much difference. It looks like my Camaro will be their 1st 2011 Camaro.
It does make a difference. They DON'T need allocation to put in an order. Why would you not put it in? (that's what she said)

Seriously, put in your order. What is the point of the deposit?
Old 07-22-2010, 10:46 PM   #10
RipperFox
Grrr!!!

Drives: BLK/IOM '11 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwarzerDrache View Post
What is the point of the deposit?
To keep him in the show room. If the dealer next town over get a allocation, he cant move on it, cause the deposit is down.

I would say, you have better be getting it for invoice, or you dealer buddy, aint you buddy.

Also, making the order now, locks the price too. As has been said, www.turecar.com. <-there's your guide.
3. See rule #1
RipperFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:48 PM   #11
Danprh427

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Yea i placed my order June first its july 22 still no allocation every time i check in they keep telling me in 2 weeks we will have allocation for your car.
Danprh427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:49 AM   #12
SchwarzerDrache
No, it is not an SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipperFox View Post
To keep him in the show room. If the dealer next town over get a allocation, he cant move on it, cause the deposit is down.

I would say, you have better be getting it for invoice, or you dealer buddy, aint you buddy.

Also, making the order now, locks the price too. As has been said, www.turecar.com. <-there's your guide.
I agree with you, but what is the point for HIM to put a deposit? None.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:20 PM   #13
Danprh427

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I just went to my dealer they got a 1lt 2010 summite white camaro i think manual no rs msrp 27k why get a 2010 in the 3rd week of july or just shitty left overs.
Danprh427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:11 PM   #14
Duck
Autobahn lover

Cool

My dealer finally received allocation for their first and ONLY 2011 Camaro so far. So, I have an order #. It's about time!

Old 07-26-2010, 12:21 PM   #15
JustFresh

From what i understand allocation is handed out on tuesdays and then can be requested again on thursdays...how did you get allocation today?
Old 07-26-2010, 12:22 PM   #16
SS-Eric

Drives: 2012 Convertible
Send a message via Yahoo to SS-Eric Send a message via Skype™ to SS-Eric
Congrats!!! Now the waiting game starts!
SS-Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:23 PM   #17
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustFresh View Post
From what i understand allocation is handed out on tuesdays and then can be requested again on thursdays...how did you get allocation today?
Allocation is monthly, per week, and orders can be submitted against allocation starting on Thursday of that week.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:26 PM   #18
Golden_Ecstacy

Drives: Chevy
Well I placed my order this past Saturday with SS-Eric and I am patiently waiting right now!!! Thanks Eric for your help.
Golden_Ecstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:03 PM   #19
JustFresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Allocation is monthly, per week, and orders can be submitted against allocation starting on Thursday of that week.
I was close enough lol
Old 07-26-2010, 01:05 PM   #20
SS-Eric

Drives: 2012 Convertible
Send a message via Yahoo to SS-Eric Send a message via Skype™ to SS-Eric
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden_Ecstacy View Post
Well I placed my order this past Saturday with SS-Eric and I am patiently waiting right now!!! Thanks Eric for your help.
SS-Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:01 PM   #21
Duck
Autobahn lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Ok Mr. Camaro Scotty (BTW my name is Scott too) - thanks for that info. I'm not sure exactly when they got allocation but I heard about it yesterday, Sunday, when my son, who works at the golf course, ran into my salesman on the golf course. My salesman told my son "tell your Dad that he can come in tomorrow and place the order for his Camaro". My son couldn't wait to get off work, come home and tell me.

Orders being "placed against allocation starting on Thursday" explains why my dealer said that he might know more regarding TPW on Thursday. He also said that the car "might" roll into town late August. Does this sound reasonable?

Another thing that he said is that the car showed in his system as being the color Synergy Green right now but that he would have time to make a few changes to the order and make it the way I'm ordering it (Silver 2SS RS w/ beige interior appointments). I assume that when they receive allocation it comes with a suggested configuration. Is this true?