Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2010, 12:00 PM   #1
Tallboy
Say "when"...
 
Tallboy's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 2LT
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Venice, FL
Posts: 431
Is there a way to find out if a dealer REALLY has allocation?

Is there a way to find out if a dealer who says he has allocation, really has it?
Tallboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:14 PM   #2
Hot Rod
 
Drives: 99' Honda Civic
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Edgewood, MD
Posts: 72
I go to chevrolet.com and use the locate function at the top. It's pretty accurate and once the car sells you no longer have access to the "Window Sticker"
Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:17 PM   #3
brantley847
v It bites.
 
brantley847's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 3,405
I am right there with you buddy....smoke and mirrors here in Orlando too
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 04:21 PM   #4
RPO_Z28

 
RPO_Z28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 C6Z
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: RVC, New York
Posts: 1,745
Just ask the dealer to show you his weekly "final allocation" report.

Pretty simple.
__________________
RPO_Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 05:04 PM   #5
BilJ
 
BilJ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 534
FWIW - I ordered a 1LT on May 7 and was assured by the dealer that they had an allocation for my car. Even after many, many calls to the dealer, my order stayed at 1100 until June 9, at which time I called GM customer service and was told that the dealer did not yet have an allocation. After being confronted with that info, the dealer finally stated that he did not have an allocation until the first week of July. On June 10, I cancelled my original order and placed an order with another dealer. My new order went to 3800 and was produced this Monday and is now ready to be shipped. My first order on May 7 is still at the 1100 status as of this date. BTW, the first dealer refused to return my deposit. Just sayin.
BilJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 05:44 PM   #6
brantley847
v It bites.
 
brantley847's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 3,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by BilJ View Post
BTW, the first dealer refused to return my deposit. Just sayin.
That is my concern as well....

I don't mind the wait as I am in the process of moving, but I just want honesty.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 05:59 PM   #7
edneyens
 
edneyens's Avatar
 
Drives: 1SS/RS/M6-White/Beige
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by BilJ
BTW, the first dealer refused to return my deposit. Just sayin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
That is my concern as well....

I don't mind the wait as I am in the process of moving, but I just want honesty.

That is the reason I put my deposit on my credit card, if they don't deliver as promised (lie to you about having an allocation) then you have the credit card consumer protection on your side and can work with the the credit card company to negate the charge...
__________________

Last edited by edneyens; 07-22-2010 at 06:17 PM.
edneyens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 06:55 PM   #8
CaniacFan


 
CaniacFan's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Posts: 3,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by BilJ View Post
FWIW - I ordered a 1LT on May 7 and was assured by the dealer that they had an allocation for my car. Even after many, many calls to the dealer, my order stayed at 1100 until June 9, at which time I called GM customer service and was told that the dealer did not yet have an allocation. After being confronted with that info, the dealer finally stated that he did not have an allocation until the first week of July. On June 10, I cancelled my original order and placed an order with another dealer. My new order went to 3800 and was produced this Monday and is now ready to be shipped. My first order on May 7 is still at the 1100 status as of this date. BTW, the first dealer refused to return my deposit. Just sayin.
That's crap too on your deposit. Last year they were fully refundable as long as you were not at 3800. We could even change options as long as we were not at 3000 yet.. Wow, I'd look into that one, don't know what you put down - mine was only $1000, but that's a lot of money...
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:08 PM   #9
BilJ
 
BilJ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by edneyens View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BilJ
BTW, the first dealer refused to return my deposit. Just sayin.




That is the reason I put my deposit on my credit card, if they don't deliver as promised (lie to you about having an allocation) then you have the credit card consumer protection on your side and can work with the the credit card company to negate the charge...
In theory, you are probably right on. As a practical matter, however, in a stuation where there is a refusal to return a deposit, the time, effort and stress involved to possibly remedy the situation may not be worth it. I feel that most dealers would probably voluntarily return a deposit in similar circumstances. In my case, I have writtn it off as a $250 cost of a first hand seminar on some things to do and not do. lol

BTW, that is a GREAT looking Camaro in your sig...congrats.
BilJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:16 PM   #10
RipperFox
Grrr!!!
 
RipperFox's Avatar
 
Drives: BLK/IOM '11 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: OK
Posts: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
That is my concern as well....

I don't mind the wait as I am in the process of moving, but I just want honesty.

Small claims. They would rather give it back than to sit and wait for the case to be called and then possibly lose, and pay court cost.
__________________
Rules for ordering a car.
1. Dealers are liars
2. Buy off the lot
3. See rule #1
RipperFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:20 PM   #11
cb4dude
 
cb4dude's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 LT1 M6
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sudbury, Ontario
Posts: 220
If you go into the dealer, they can do a search. You tell them color, model, and options. If they are on the up and up, they will show you the results on the screen. If they won't, walk out.
cb4dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:43 PM   #12
SchwarzerDrache
No, it is not an SS
 
SchwarzerDrache's Avatar
 
Drives: SIM 2LT/RS
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 491
I guarantee that their is no way in hell they would be keeping my deposit. I would make the dealers life a living hell. Call GM, file a small claim suite, file a dispute with your credit card company, hell sit in the dealership and tell every person walking in they are thieves. They will give it back.
SchwarzerDrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:42 PM   #13
BilJ
 
BilJ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwarzerDrache View Post
I guarantee that their is no way in hell they would be keeping my deposit. I would make the dealers life a living hell. Call GM, file a small claim suite, file a dispute with your credit card company, hell sit in the dealership and tell every person walking in they are
thieves. They will give it back.
At the time, I called the sales manager three times, wrote the owner a very civil letter, and contacted GM. The sales manager, with an ego off the Richter scale, said there was no way that he would refund the deposit, the owner did not respond to me at all and GM said that it was stricly between the dealer and me and that their was nothing that they could do. So, after all that, I decided to simply enjoy the ordering process, like everyone else, of my second order in anticipation of getting my car.

Hopefully, you will never have to deal with a similar situation but, if you do, and if you actually perfom the tactics that you preach, namely sitting in the dealership and informing the incoming customers of the presence of thieves, then you might want to give a glance to see if anyone with the blue uniforms or white coats are coming. And be very careful of


what you guarantee. lol

Last edited by BilJ; 07-22-2010 at 11:34 PM.
BilJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:58 AM   #14
SchwarzerDrache
No, it is not an SS
 
SchwarzerDrache's Avatar
 
Drives: SIM 2LT/RS
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by BilJ View Post
At the time, I called the sales manager three times, wrote the owner a very civil letter, and contacted GM. The sales manager, with an ego off the Richter scale, said there was no way that he would refund the deposit, the owner did not respond to me at all and GM said that it was stricly between the dealer and me and that their was nothing that they could do. So, after all that, I decided to simply enjoy the ordering process, like everyone else, of my second order in anticipation of getting my car.

Hopefully, you will never have to deal with a similar situation but, if you do, and if you actually perfom the tactics that you preach, namely sitting in the dealership and informing the incoming customers of the presence of thieves, then you might want to give a glance to see if anyone with the blue uniforms or white coats are coming. And be very careful of


what you guarantee. lol
Thanks for your advice. But they would not have my money, PERIOD. Maybe I would have been a little smarter about it to begin with, i.e. pay by credit card, ask if it is refundable BEFORE I gave them money, etc. Oh wait...that is what I did.

You don't have to SIT in the dealership to be a pain. I know I used those words, but I was making a point. Ever heard of the internet? You can spread the word VERY fast about the tactics the dealer uses. Like it has been said go to small claims court. It is one day out of your life and I can all but promise they will not show up and then the money is yours.

Not trying to be a dick, but you are getting screwed and then defending the screwing you are getting. If you are ok with it then more power to you.

Peace
SchwarzerDrache is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lets Talk About Extended Warranties for our 2010 Camaro's from the Dealership a Sec.. Black LS3 Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls 39 03-21-2010 11:38 AM
1100 status ? Scrappy Doo Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 34 03-21-2010 09:06 AM
DEALER WITH ALLOCATION IN BATON ROUGE OR NEARBY jnm2003 Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 7 10-16-2009 08:30 PM
Got my allocation, but now the SS manual tranny is on constraint, WHAT TO DO??? SS Man Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 23 07-29-2009 09:00 PM
Dealer Allocation Question Kingdipsy Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 12 07-22-2009 12:27 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.